( search forums )
Type of player
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Jaz
November 29, 2004, 10:03 pm
This could help sort out balance and add mission type games to soldat. Could be soldats move up. Different type of players to choose from like soldier, medic, engineer.

solider could have particular guns...if the guns are strong he is weakened in health.

Or like medic can heal dead soldiers but also have weak weapons but high health.

Engineer could repair turret guns and buiild them around the map but he could have disadvantages too...

This is just a thing that came into my head. I know many will dislike but I thought i'd suggest it anyway. For the buzz and the debate.

Also: REMOVE BINK FROM M79 AND WEAKEN TEH AUTOS.

mipit
November 29, 2004, 10:28 pm
I agree with the bink in m79 since it is a little weak.
Engineer could repair turret guns and buiild them around the map but he could have disadvantages too...
Yes the dissinvantages are NO WEAPONS! that means no nades too. Cannot pick up bonusses... and canot heal its self but does have high heath. there

Magniitude
November 29, 2004, 10:45 pm
Suggested about a gazillion times. Maybe for single player, but no way for online. Game play is too fast for medics, repairing, etc, and if you die, you respawn in a matter of seconds so why bother with a medic?

And the bots have particular guns, if you intend this for single player. Sniper usually has a barret, boogie man w/ his chainsaw..

ddzNappy84
November 29, 2004, 10:58 pm
Bad Ideas....
Ya know that won't work out, Mag pretty much covered everything,
Also if you make Autos Weaker, then they'll be so useless nobody will use them, if you think of, look at HK MP5 You have to reload often enough, the only way I could see this happening is if you make load times on all autos MUCH faster... which trust me, it isn't gonna happen x_X

The Geologist
November 29, 2004, 11:05 pm
Agreed...there's no need for these "classes" in Soldat...you'll get your ass kicked around all day as an engineer or medic. Just get over the whole m79 bink..seriously..unless you're totally dependant on one hit weapons? Just like your enemies can mess up your aim with the bink, you can do the same to them...I suggest you learn to use the features presented to you in the game.

die nadel
November 29, 2004, 11:43 pm
i don think it'd work in soldat, soldats too fast paced for it. that and it'd be a little lame.

DT
November 30, 2004, 3:19 am
why are you trying to change soldat.... its not wolfinstine

orobbin
November 30, 2004, 10:17 am
Good IDEA!!!
but how about this players get about thirty point and have to ration them between four attributes like:
Fire/reload rate: .......... (10 points)
Health rate:..... (5 points)
Speed movement:..... (5 points)
damage rate (attack power of weapon): ..........(10 points)
I think this would excell the game completely as each player will be different and The game will no longer be predictable!!!
Add more attributes to it and you got a completely cool game!!!!!!!
like weapon skills....and other things like that could change this game into the VERY BEST blitzing army game around!!!
(I hope This can be done *Cough* Do it please *cough*

Alamo
November 30, 2004, 10:23 am
somehow all noobs think this is a good idea... it isn't -.-

orobbin: obey the 20K signature limit! You exceed it by 90 (ninety) k...
In addition it flashes and is annoying... signatures must not be animated.

Jaz
November 30, 2004, 12:41 pm
Maybe for like a single player game but as I said, it was just for the discussion.

ps: remove bink from m79 and only weaken minime and ak by not much, just so its fair.

3rd_account
November 30, 2004, 1:21 pm
The bink on M79 is way too high, which is just silly since it's a short weapon. And the AK and Minimi ARE overpowerd. Damit they're as strong as the Desert Eagle, and takes less skill to use.

[Edix] Don't like the idea of classes. Soldat is too fast-passed. Wou the hell would be a medic or engineer whn you can kill enemies with instead!?

Meandor
November 30, 2004, 2:57 pm
Someone just played ET? heh.
Search >