( search forums )
Somebody said Bink?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
BMF
November 29, 2004, 10:33 pm
I came back to try out the new version, and its what I expected. Barret is nerfed bad, autos still kick ass, etc. Soldat is still buggy and super slow.

Now what the hell is BINK? I hear everybody complaining how it ruins their game. I use m79 regularly, and I cant see any difference between this version and the previous version. M79 has a small ass range, so it still sucks as a weapon (although many people don't know that). It's fun to use and w/e, but WHERE IS THE BINK? I have no trouble hitting with M79, I dont understand how is the BINK supposed to mess you up. Now does everybody just generally like to bitch (Chakra), or I am just too good?

Now where is the BINK?

Magniitude
November 29, 2004, 10:46 pm
The BINK is in the Barret. When you get damaged while you have your Barret, the effect makes your shot really inaccurate.

Shyo
November 29, 2004, 10:49 pm
the bink isnt frequently

ddzNappy84
November 29, 2004, 10:54 pm
Wow, It's not like there's a set variable for bink, but trust me, try the HK extensively and let yourself kinda, get near death and then try to follow shots through on the people. It's not as easy as you think.

The Geologist
November 29, 2004, 10:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Shyothe bink isnt frequently

The bink isn't frequently what? Please finish sentances...

Anyhoo...the bink applies to all weapons, not just the barrett. It was introduced to counteract the barrett, in a sense...while you're being shot, it's harder to aim. So, the one hit weapons like barrett and m79 should, in turn, be harder to aim for those "n00bs" out there who just run around with a barrett and claim ownage. If you've played a while longer and know how to aim well (as you should, lol), it isnt that much of a problem. I actually made a topic about this recently and I agree with you on this matter. Plenty of people whine, but it's not hard to overcome...it's just so easy to take advantage of with autos.. :)

AerialAssault
November 29, 2004, 11:09 pm
ive only noticed the bink effect in long rifles such as barrett and ruger.

Fangus Deef
November 29, 2004, 11:11 pm
people just like to bitch (you too, BMF) there's really nothing wrong with this version.

LumpyFerret
November 30, 2004, 12:21 am
concussion used to annoy me the first time it came out...

but then i got over it

n00bface
November 30, 2004, 12:43 am
The bink is what happens when you are you are being hit. When you are hit your crosshair gets bigger. When your crosshair is big, your shots fire randomly. That is why autos are strong as hell and anyone trying to use barret, ruger or m79 is doing the undoable.

Social Poison
November 30, 2004, 1:01 am
I mix it up a bit when I play in terms of what weapon I use. I've really only gotten fouled up because of blink one time :P . Try not getting hit. :P ;)

iLLskiLLs
November 30, 2004, 1:30 am
I'm sorry but, I've read all about the bink effect. Yet, I am like BMF(and unlike n00bface and a few others) in the sence I don't notice the bink effecting my using of m79, deagles,or ruger much at all if any.

I do however notice it with barret and applaud it.

n00bface
November 30, 2004, 1:42 am
There is no bink on deagles.

iLLskiLLs
November 30, 2004, 2:14 am
quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceThere is no bink on deagles.

Oh well, my fault reading Chakra's reply in Meandor's Topic: How to win a clan war step by step, I assumed otherwise :P

quote:Originally posted by Chakra I think part of the problem lies in when we were doing beta ...for a long time the only weapons that were 'binked' were m79 and Barret, at which balanced seemed fine. Then someone suggested it would be fairer if all weapons were binked. We barely had 2 days to really test 'all' guns being binked before it was released, so now the likes of ruger, desert eagles and such no longer have their usual helpfulness against autos.

Alamo
November 30, 2004, 7:14 am
I only noticed the bink on Barret and on M79 (which was really bad in the beta). If I play with M79 now I don't really notice it. The Barret is now more or less fair... I really like it.

Sprocket
November 30, 2004, 8:05 am
There's always something wrong with soldat.. everyone wil NEVER get saticsfied..

Alamo
November 30, 2004, 10:12 am
Is it a coincidence that you have the letters 'cs' in 'satisfied'? ... Are those subliminal messages? Or is it like 'Go play CS!'? Hehe :) Actually I'm quite satisfied with everything...

ThaD
November 30, 2004, 11:02 am
Soldat isn't slow, play again

Element_101
November 30, 2004, 12:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by SprocketThere's always something wrong with soldat.. everyone wil NEVER get saticsfied..

I Agree 110%.

DeMonIc
November 30, 2004, 2:38 pm
Bink was put on all weapons, and there have been several explanations on how it works, but there is one more thing I noticed:
If you shoot while you are binked, bink goes away...
..that's why autos don't get [IMAGE]ed by bink, because you shoot continously almost.Case solved kids.

Meandor
November 30, 2004, 2:53 pm
Nope, but you can get closer to that 100% in a smart way (not stuff like nerfing guns). Anyway, i never noticed bink either.

DT
November 30, 2004, 3:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceThere is no bink on deagles.

yea thier is... but it won't affect my aim!

ynnePmoT
November 30, 2004, 3:40 pm
i think the bink was ment for campers.. so they couldnt aim at you when you sprayed them..
in combat, you just have to dodge, jump a lot and wait till he empties his clip.. "boom,boom,boom,boom.. pingg.." and you move ahead.

Shyo
November 30, 2004, 3:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by The Geologistquote:Originally posted by Shyothe bink isnt frequently

The bink isn't frequently what? Please finish sentances...

Anyhoo...the bink applies to all weapons, not just the barrett. It was introduced to counteract the barrett, in a sense...while you're being shot, it's harder to aim. So, the one hit weapons like barrett and m79 should, in turn, be harder to aim for those "n00bs" out there who just run around with a barrett and claim ownage. If you've played a while longer and know how to aim well (as you should, lol), it isnt that much of a problem. I actually made a topic about this recently and I agree with you on this matter. Plenty of people whine, but it's not hard to overcome...it's just so easy to take advantage of with autos.. :)

the missing isnt frequent, it isnt as, "once shot = no aim"

BMF
December 1, 2004, 12:01 am
Yeah I can see what you are talking about, because sometimes I make random misses with a barret. I thought I just lost my touch, but now I blame it all on bink.

I cant feel it that much at all for m79 tho

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 5, 2004, 8:48 pm
m79 is my fave and i dont notice any change accept when im jetting up and my head hits a ceiling/roof and i shoot straight down, i blow my self up...is this bink?

lieroguy
December 5, 2004, 10:59 pm
I don't think so. I believe that is a product of the new collsion detection that prevents people from sticking their barrel through polygons so that they can shoot but not get shot at. What likely happens is that the m79 round originates somewhere besides the end if your barrel and appears right on the polygon, blowing you up.

Element_101
December 5, 2004, 11:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by lieroguyI don't think so. I believe that is a product of the new collsion detection that prevents people from sticking their barrel through polygons so that they can shoot but not get shot at. What likely happens is that the m79 round originates somewhere besides the end if your barrel and appears right on the polygon, blowing you up.

Not A Bad Theory...

Will
December 6, 2004, 8:55 am
bink dosent affect me, i always jump and fly while i shoot with barret, camping is for n00bs.

Deleted User
December 6, 2004, 11:00 am
quote:Originally posted by Willbink dosent affect me, i always jump and fly while i shoot with barret, camping is for n00bs.
Then you are a barretard aka barret assaulter, barret is sniper weapon not assault weapon.

Deleted User
December 6, 2004, 11:14 am
quote:Originally posted by lieroguyI don't think so. I believe that is a product of the new collsion detection that prevents people from sticking their barrel through polygons so that they can shoot but not get shot at. What likely happens is that the m79 round originates somewhere besides the end if your barrel and appears right on the polygon, blowing you up.

hm, no, i think its ricochet because when u fly up to a ceiling with a spas aiming down the bullets fall slow and u hear the ricochet sound...
but who cares...

Meandor
December 6, 2004, 5:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by hohooquote:Originally posted by Willbink dosent affect me, i always jump and fly while i shoot with barret, camping is for n00bs.
Then you are a barretard aka barret assaulter, barret is sniper weapon not assault weapon.

Why doesn't the same apply to the minimi and the minigun then? One is a machinegun, it's not made to be fired while standing up (you can, but it's just not as efficent). And the minigun, well, that's supposed to be mounted on an helicopter.

lieroguy
December 6, 2004, 9:06 pm
I've actually fired a real FN Minimi, standing up and laying down. The only real bad problem is that it's a heavy gun, but it uses 5.56x45mm NATO rounds, so the recoil is fairly light. You'll get tired of holding it up to your shoulder very shortly, though. A very capable gun, and with it being belt-fed it's ammo capacity is unlimited. It's usually issued with 200-round belt boxes or 50-round small belts.

Marine
December 7, 2004, 5:20 am
Hm....imagine if Michael made it only possible to fire minimi on the ground in prone, or crouching? That'd be interesting. Or, if you could fire it while standing, but only for a short amount of time and wildly inaccurate.

Element_101
December 7, 2004, 11:51 am
quote:Originally posted by MarineHm....imagine if Michael made it only possible to fire minimi on the ground in prone, or crouching? That'd be interesting. Or, if you could fire it while standing, but only for a short amount of time and wildly inaccurate.

That Would Be Stupid, Enough Said.

Jaz
December 7, 2004, 1:09 pm
Talking With A Capital Letter In Every Word Is Also Stupid.

DT
December 7, 2004, 4:03 pm
Imatating someone is stupid to
does blink even matter? it mainly affects one shot kill weapons - law and knife