( search forums )
High Ping Players
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Vijchtidoodah
December 1, 2004, 10:45 pm
Has anyone else noticed that the better players tend to be the ones with higher ping?

Every single time I play I am confused as to why some players take hundreds of hits to kill while others only take a few, I think that the high ping players are also the cause of this problem. Simply, their connections are so slow that the bullet hits don't register on their end.

Is this possible or am I just trying to find a reason why I die so often?

Jaz
December 1, 2004, 10:51 pm
probably both a bit. Ull get pissed and blame it when u die but i agree sometimes they transport and with m79 tis ghey ;O.

kkazican
December 1, 2004, 11:07 pm
Actually it's just as hard to aim with high ping as it is for you to hit them. Just lead them and try to predict their next moves.

Tha Doggfather
December 1, 2004, 11:49 pm
Having a high ping in not all bad, people will have a hard time hitting you.

I'd rather have the lower ping though.

Fangus Deef
December 2, 2004, 1:01 am
my ping is never high and i always get the most kills...or, usually. if im not suck-ass that day...

Zero Wiggles Murasame
December 2, 2004, 2:42 am
I have very high ping, trust me, it's VERY hard for me to hit you guys.

Transit
December 2, 2004, 5:21 am
Yeah, i've come to appreciate the resolve of all the 56kers out there, as I have become one of them. And even though I warp, because of my ping everyone on my screen warps too, so it sucks all around. I'd much rather have the low ping, showing your true skill type connection.

Bob The Builder
December 2, 2004, 5:59 am
I have high ping preety often. Playing with it doesnt give any fun really. Belive me its worse for those laggy than for you.

ynnePmoT
December 2, 2004, 6:39 am
Usualy.. ppl with big pings suck..
definition: big ping = 233-400ms
still having 100-150 ping is quite a lot and i've seen some people
get hit with incredible amount of ammo (6 ruger hits, 2 nades, 2 uscom clips, some AK bullets) and they didnt die..
its just soldat and you have to get used to it.

die nadel
December 2, 2004, 6:48 am
so i guess you just need more practice? or you just keep finding servers with all uberl33t people in em

ynnePmoT
December 2, 2004, 11:05 am
die nadel.. is that ment for me? ^^

Urhos
December 2, 2004, 11:09 am
pwning ppl with higher pings is alot easier than pwnin' ppl with lower pings ;Q
but i use spas tho, spas is the ultimate weapon <3

SuperKill
December 2, 2004, 11:09 am
all i know is that playing under hard conditions (200-400 ping) makes your skills incredible when you're playing in a decent server.

palloco
December 2, 2004, 11:31 am
200-350 ms is having normal ping.
Vijchtidoodah, it seems you are one of those with high ping.
If you dont believe that the higher the ping you have, the easier you will die, just go to a server where you get 700 ping. The low pingers are the ones who dont die.

Skate4Razors
December 2, 2004, 11:40 am
LAAAAAAG, Yeah, that's all I hear in my server. Mostly it's the lower ping people that win in most servers I play. And I do see that, "I hit you 4 times" a lot.

SuperKill
December 2, 2004, 12:04 pm
palloco is right, but not about having 200-350 ping = normal ;P maybe for you you damn mutant penguin :F

Jap_man
December 2, 2004, 12:20 pm
200~350 ping for me seems normal, though it's probably cause I'm used to the lag from playing in American servers.

IDF-RIPsta
December 2, 2004, 12:36 pm
I remember playing without the anti-lag system.
It was much harder to hit people then because you were forced to predict the movement and aim meters away from your opponent.

Now with the anti-lag system, I find myself saying "But I wasn't even there". I get hit even though the impact displayed on my screen is at a place where I have been just a blink ago. It seems that the anti-lag system takes into account the delay of your on-screen position compared to higher ping players and readjusts it (it moves you back to the location they saw you in, and registers the kill). I have no idea how to call this phenomenon... maybe "drawback warp"?

What you are referring to, Vijchtidoodah, might have something to do with the way the anti-lag system was balanced.

DT
December 2, 2004, 3:23 pm
prediction is a powerful weapon itself...
when i had 56k... boy that was alot of prediction i had to use... but no one hardly hit me so...

Fangus Deef
December 2, 2004, 5:10 pm
what's it really matter their ping? usually, if it's insane, they get kicked. otherwise, it doesnt matter really if they have 0, 100, or 500 ping. they all die the same...

Element_101
December 3, 2004, 12:52 am
quote:Originally posted by SuperKillall i know is that playing under hard conditions (200-400 ping) makes your skills incredible when you're playing in a decent server.

I Couldn't Agree More.

Zero Wiggles Murasame
December 3, 2004, 4:59 am
Element. me too.me too.

DannyLB
December 3, 2004, 6:03 am
I hate the people with high ping. But its not that bad untill they start talking about how 1337 they are... >.<

My ping never goes over 100 in any server.

Hercule Poirot
December 3, 2004, 6:54 am
i played over year with 56k it wasen't that bad but now with better connection i don't really lag so much

SuperKill
December 3, 2004, 8:31 am
quote:Originally posted by IDF-RIPstaI remember playing without the anti-lag system.
It was much harder to hit people then because you were forced to predict the movement and aim meters away from your opponent.

oh man those were the golden days xD

IDF-RIPsta
December 4, 2004, 9:46 am
I'm not sure if you are serious, but yes, I think it was a good excuse for aiming badly and still hitting...

SuperKill
December 4, 2004, 1:37 pm
i was talking about how much fun it was. you actually had to aim alot better then this version, cause the distance you should hit for killing your target would always change depending on the lag.
playing like that was seriously funny.

Liber_Lupus
December 4, 2004, 2:32 pm
i had 600 ping for few days in september (I didnt know the reason), i got used to it in 10 min and i could easily predict their moves and shoot them with de. Right now i have ping that never goes below 100 unless the server is close to me.