( search forums )
Lobby Server self lowest ping server set.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
ynnePmoT
December 2, 2004, 11:19 am
I really do think this was a stupid thing to add.
When clicking on a server with 4000ping (then sets to 30-40) all the servers get mixed again..
So when i click once on a server and then try to click it again.. ill end up on a different server (servers jump up/down) that i wanted.
Lobby was just fine as it was before, so there was no need on adding that. Plus, if you wanna see the low ping servers you just click on the "ping" tag top, which takes you 1s.
Oh and off this topic; change the in game look (menus..) it looks silly.
Some people dont even try playing it, they just look at the ingame look and they asume it sux.

Skate4Razors
December 2, 2004, 11:46 am
1. Good idea, I hate it when I join the wrong server. :(

2. Do you mean the interface?

ynnePmoT
December 2, 2004, 12:05 pm
well.. the one, when you open the game.. (main menu and stuff)
its really fugly and some ppl actually give $$ for it .. ^^ insane. (or just rich f00ks)

Jap_man
December 2, 2004, 12:25 pm
1. yea it can get kinda confusing, i guess you just have to get used to it over time.
2. I think the soldat interface is fine the way it is.

IDF-RIPsta
December 2, 2004, 12:46 pm
I was hoping someone would post something about this, thank you!

I agree, just let us click the "Ping" coloumn like we had to do before 1.2.1.

I also agree with making changes to the "In-game" look. Soldat has gone through many changes, why not spend 5 minutes to make the interface more modern. Also, like many people suggested, including me (sometime in 2003 I think), add a "Preview Soldier" to the player menu.

ynnePmoT
December 2, 2004, 1:07 pm
hehe.. i saw a "fake" screen of 1.1.5 once (when the version was comming out) .. it has a cool soldier preview thingy.. but it was added in photoshop.. looked cool doe :D

b00stA
December 2, 2004, 3:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by ynnePmoThehe.. i saw a "fake" screen of 1.1.5 once (when the version was comming out) .. it has a cool soldier preview thingy.. but it was added in photoshop.. looked cool doe :D

I made that as an example how it might look like. (using PhotoImpact)

ynnePmoT
December 2, 2004, 3:17 pm
well it looked nice :D