( search forums )
collision detector
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Boer
December 2, 2004, 6:50 pm
Am i alone or is the new "collision detector" wich prevents you from camping the most iritating new aspect?? you cant effectively make use of objects with m79 law without blowin yer head off!blows a huge part of strat !! just plain kak! And you cant see the shoes anymore coz everything sinks a mm into ground!

BManx2000
December 2, 2004, 7:32 pm
For your second problem, run soldat setup, go to the performance tab, and uncheck "render smooth polygons".

peemonkey
December 2, 2004, 10:38 pm
^pwnt.
Boer, just stand then :P

Michal
December 2, 2004, 10:44 pm
I agree with Boer, the new collision thing is really annoying. What's the point of a pile of crates if you can't shoot from behind it and use it as cover. I know the new collision stuff was implemented so that people couldn't hide behind thin polys and be pretty much invincible, but IMO colliders should have been left as they were.

FliesLikeABrick
December 2, 2004, 11:23 pm
if i gave you a real m79, would you be able to shoot through a pile of crates, or a brick wall or something? I think not.

peemonkey
December 3, 2004, 12:35 am
but you could stand next to a pile of crates, shoot it off, and not have it explod because a pile of crates, no matter how far, was lined up with you as seen from SOM direction. change it back, and put colliders where people bitch.

Vijchtidoodah
December 4, 2004, 1:57 am
I think it's a great addition, if you don't know how to crouch behind a pile of crates for cover then you deserve to be shot. Likewise, if you can't dish out the pain without hiding for the entire game then you don't deserve to snipe.

AerialAssault
December 4, 2004, 2:03 am
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickif i gave you a real m79, would you be able to shoot through a pile of crates, or a brick wall or something? I think not.
isnt there a little animation that clearly shows the little soldat lifting his gun up above the crates if you crouch next to them?

Michal
December 4, 2004, 3:55 am
quote:isnt there a little animation that clearly shows the little soldat lifting his gun up above the crates if you crouch next to them?
Yeah, that animation is often useless now unfortunatly :(
The player does raise its weapon, but the shots collide with the collider, it only works if you are really close to the edge of the collider but then you are vulnerable to enemy shots, so theres not much point in seeking cover :s

Boer
December 6, 2004, 6:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahI think it's a great addition, if you don't know how to crouch behind a pile of crates for cover then you deserve to be shot.

just imagine how gameplays f****d if you have to move mm by mm just to position yourself correctly?

anyh when i first saw the raise weap animation, i was just thinking 'AMMMAZING'. this is sso cl! pity its useless now

DeMonIc
December 6, 2004, 6:46 pm
No it isn't, you just have to think more, and give up your safe little prone under the collider and vaporize the hill tactic.

kkazican
December 6, 2004, 9:16 pm
I think it's time for someone to update the Soldat Map maker so that people can create more precise colliders.

I was thinking something along the lines of you get 3 shapes immediately. The rounded edges squarish thing that we have right now, a circle, and a regular square with a fourth option of a custom made polygonal type collider where the user can create his own. Also to add simplicity the user can edit the collider's size so you wont have 50 circle colliders on the deathstar scenery or whatever it is used for. It's kind of hard to explain so I will make a visual in a few minutes.