( search forums )
Arena 4 / My Climb Type Map..
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Madsniper
December 2, 2004, 7:56 pm
Arena 4 is pertty cool..
http://www.lindaweber.com/Outsidethings/Arena4.zip
[IMAGE]

My climb map (Insane) is my first map like that, its not big... not at all, but good luck completing it without weapons.. (Recommended that you dont use them) Its pretty easy up to the part where there is stairs you gotta climb but some are traps!
[IMAGE]
http://www.lindaweber.com/Outsidethings/Insane!.zip

"i fixed it"

Deleted User
December 2, 2004, 7:59 pm
Screenshots??? Bah! I will downloadi t without them...

Skate4Razors
December 2, 2004, 8:12 pm
That name is already taken, and fix screens. :)

Cookie.
December 2, 2004, 8:33 pm
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer.
Owned -_-
There are lots of different hosts you can try to use for your map like www.soldatworld.coms uploader?

Skate4Razors
your gunna get a warning now im thinking because you did not read the rules you damn star hunter ;)

grand_diablo
December 2, 2004, 9:14 pm
At first, finally there are screenshots up, but converting them into JPG would really help.

Skate4Razors: One screenshot request is enough ;)

_Mancer_
December 2, 2004, 10:26 pm
You arent funny in your screenshots. Talking in caps makes juu teh newb :I

Alright maps.

peemonkey
December 2, 2004, 10:42 pm
wow, ive never played on a red X in a white box before...should be fun.
Arena4, 5, 6, 7, and damn near every number's been taken, so you might want to name is tomething else :/

Rambo_6
December 3, 2004, 12:05 am
I bet the red X has deadly polys.

Madsniper
December 3, 2004, 1:27 am
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_You arent funny in your screenshots. Talking in caps makes juu teh newb :I

Alright maps.

my friend took the screens, my name on soldat is XoX| Zania
(He wants them for his "clan website" they are my maps though)

Rambo_6
December 3, 2004, 4:01 am
I suggest shading on future maps, and better names too.

peemonkey
December 3, 2004, 4:06 am
enough of these maps. when we get lower-skilled players making such maps, it kinda takes away from the really good ones. "not another one of THESE!" is what people might say when there gets to be too many of these such maps. let's please, stop making these maps.

Soulsnipa
December 3, 2004, 5:00 am
dont discourage the mappers, great map!

Skate4Razors
December 3, 2004, 11:33 am
I think it's alright, I'll try the climb map out. What I was saying is the name, Arena4, is already taken. You might wanna change it. My thoughts though. I like climbing maps, even though I'm not good at them... I guess I'll give it a try! :D

Cookie: Huh?

Grand_Diablo: Have you not been very active in the maps forum? I'd say about 7 or 8 people say,"WE WANT SCREENS", or "I'm not gunna play without screens!" If you're telling this to only me, I think you should reconsider. That's my opinion though. :)

Madsniper
December 3, 2004, 5:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyenough of these maps. when we get lower-skilled players making such maps, it kinda takes away from the really good ones. "not another one of THESE!" is what people might say when there gets to be too many of these such maps. let's please, stop making these maps.

If your talking about my climb type map... OHHHH WELLL ill continue to make them over and over and do it with a smile knowing that it's making you mad.

If your talking about my arena... That was a 1 time deal because i was bored. It was my first map.

And i have other climb maps and i know people who love them, Insane! was my first one, but im not saying its bad (i havent finished it)

The Geologist
December 3, 2004, 6:41 pm
Keep at it. As some of the others have said, try a little shading...and rounding some of those corners down makes things look a lil more sexxah. Otherwise, looks like a good start :)

Also, the color on the first map is a little bright..kinda annoying to play. Shading or darker background color might help.

Cookie.
December 3, 2004, 10:58 pm
"Cookie: Huh?"

Just proves that you didnt read the rules...
Also grand diablo said that the next person who posted a multiple screenshot request would get a warning he let you off easy

I agree with everything the geologist said ^__^
2nd map i think is terrible tho lol

Sprocket
December 3, 2004, 11:10 pm
you should try some scenery?

ThaD
December 4, 2004, 11:17 am
nice climbing map, took me some 10 minutes to accomplish :)