( search forums )
Barret and Bink
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Senniant
December 3, 2004, 12:41 am
Im happy to see at least some effort to try and reduce the barrets effectiveness as an assualt rifle, but there is a problem.

If the person with the barret shoots before being hit, where is the bink?

Rather than use a bink effect, lets think realistic here.

The whole point to a sniper rifle is to accurately aim to vital areas of the body which result in a very damaging hit to the target, while from a distance mind you.

When you are running around, your scope is not only hard as hell to look through, it also has to be adjusted depending on what the distance you are aiming. So, how does one pull this off while running around? They dont.

So, how about this. Since a person cant use the scope while moving about, can they aim accurately for those vital spots? Not really, since the scope is now useless. So, their shots are for sure not going to be a 1 hit kill.

Here is what i think:

The barret should not be 1 hit kill while moving. Furthermore: The barret should have a delay in which one can 1 hit kill. You have to recover after moving, your balance is off, you need to refocus.

With those above changes, it would prevent people from running about using the barret as if it were an assault rifle, which it isnt.

Now, go ahead all who abuse the barret. Go ahead and flame me about hos this idea sucks, when in truth it only helps to balance the game futher.

We shouldnt all have to resort to the same weapons to be equal fighters. I shouldnt have to pull out a barret and hope i shoot before the other barret user.

If anything, it could at least be an option, or effect only realistic mode, since nobody but me seems to play it anyways.

The Geologist
December 3, 2004, 1:00 am
quote:Originally posted by Senniant[br

If the person with the barret shoots before being hit, where is the bink?

I choose to quote this particular portion of the post because I'm wondering why you even ask this. The bink effect works when you're being shot...why would it effect you if you shoot before you get shot? I don't know why you don't think it's realistic...the barretter hasn't been shot yet, so no bink until he is shot. It wouldn't be right to bink his shot if he manages to actually use the scope (which isn't hard, btw) and get a shot off. Personally, I think the bink works fine for barretters. Leave the barrett as is.

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 3, 2004, 2:09 am
I sort of agree on both issues here...

For: Agrees that Bink is useless if barreter can shoot before he gets shot

Against: the Above takes skill to not get shot while using Barret

peemonkey
December 3, 2004, 2:35 am
well if you ARE running around with a .50cal rifle used on armored vehicles, blindly aimed it at someone and fired, it's damn near definitly gonna kill them with 1 hit. i like it how it is now, nice and balanced.

BMF
December 3, 2004, 2:35 am
dude this time Michal REALLY nerfed the barret. Even Chakra stopped bitching. But hey, here is an idea, lets nerf it some more and make the weapon completely unplayable!!

No thank you, i'll pass.

BMF
December 3, 2004, 2:41 am
http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifles/rifles_82A1.htm

you can also purchase the gun online for a symbolic price of $7300 plus taxes and shipping. Check availability in your area, 30 day money back guarantee.

Scope and rings priced separately, credit check required. Must be 18 to chill, 21 to spill.

peemonkey
December 3, 2004, 2:50 am
yea, barrett makes expensive rifles. the M99 i fired cost frank 6 grand.

Senniant
December 3, 2004, 3:31 am
The whole point of the weapon is to be used at a distance, outside normal view.

Excuse me if i wish to see it used effectivly only as that, and not in close quarters.

I always see people strive to keep the unbalance. Every game has it, and every game only slightly fixes it, so that most of both sides may be somewhat happy.

Oh well, just an idea.

LazehBoi
December 3, 2004, 9:14 am
Nah, I like the bink effect... Too used to it now.

quote:If the person with the barret shoots before being hit, where is the bink?

But doesn't that take a certain amount of skill? :P That and you can't even dream of getting as close as before without getting hit.

SuperKill
December 3, 2004, 9:52 am
quote:lets think realistic here.
HOW ABOUT NO?
screw it, no chance that i'll start explaining about realistic and soldat AGAIN.

quote:Originally posted by Leo Da Lunerfox
For: Agrees that Bink is useless if barreter can shoot before he gets shot

i'm just guessing that this is a part in the main idea of bink .. .. .. .. .. .. ?

T-Money
December 3, 2004, 12:02 pm
I kind of agree, but not with what you're saying. I like the barret how it is, the balance has finally been achieved. Maybe it could be improved, but until someone thinks up a truly good idea maybe we should all just leave it alone.

Meandor
December 3, 2004, 2:54 pm
you suck