( search forums )
[movie] Soldat Soccer Promo
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Kirby
December 3, 2004, 3:06 am
Hai all, k!rBy here...

I made my first video... Soldat Soccer.
Soldat Soccer is a new map just made by watcher recently. Go to this topic to find all the details and DL the map itself -> http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=18906

I played this and loved it! It was a good 2 hrs worth of fun with my other DETH guys. We had a blast just playing 2v2. I liked it so much that I made this little promotional video for it. It would be cool if we could start something like "Soldat Sports" and have a series of different games you can play... I want ppl to try this game out. Maybe for someone to make an upgraded version of the map, or even a whole new game...

Well, I could go on forever on any pointless topic, so heres my movie => http://kirbykreations.us.to/videos/SoldatSoccer_DivX.avi (46 MB)

Took me about 20 mins to DL, because my host maxes out at 80 kbps... I would appreciate it if someone could host it! Until then, this is all I have.

I also have some questions that I need to ask dealing with compression and using utilities like fraps... Someone with some experience with movie making. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you, watcher, for making this sweet (mod?) map! I suggest that everyone try it, it is very fun.

Constructive comments are appreciated! :D

Kazuki
December 3, 2004, 4:09 am
Well, eh, I'm downloading at 15 kb/s, and it will take around 50 minutes for the download to complete. I have to go to bed now, early wake-up, so I'll leave this for the morning. ;) I will comment then.

Yukwunhang
December 3, 2004, 11:50 am
i'm downloading :)

edit:wow, great game, but where can u find someone who not killing each other?

Kazuki
December 3, 2004, 1:02 pm
The game is played on the same team. They were playing on Bravo, I think. THat way, no one dies.

lol, The movie was kinda cool. Kinda funny, too. :P Good stuff, good stuff.

Kirby
December 3, 2004, 1:05 pm
Thx, :D

Kaziki, I recognize that you are an experienced movie maker... I have a few questions if thats okay. i'll try to contact you on MSN in the evening

Yukwunhang
December 3, 2004, 1:13 pm
i think i'll change this map "Soldat Basketball", lol

Kirby
December 3, 2004, 9:18 pm
Someone should make a basketball map, that would pwn.. Dunno how it would be done though...

Kazuki
December 3, 2004, 9:59 pm
Well, I think that it should be done almost the same as the Soccer one. The only two changes I would make are...

1) The health kit spawns on an only-player-collide floor that raises just above the player's heads. Here's a ridiculous sketch:

______*_______
__X_X___X_X___

The X's are the players, and the * is the ball/health kit. There is no way to bring the health kit to the bottom level, except when you score. This way, the 'ball' is always 'in the air' so you don't have to try some really weird stuff to bring it back up. This brings me to the second change: the goals.

2) Keep the actual polygons the same in shape. Move them up so that they are just about a Soldier's heigh above the second floor (where the ball spawns). Also, make them fully collidable, so that they serve as backboards. Then attach a non-collidable 'pole' (two long polygons) and a collidable "rimb."

However, you have to make it so that there is a small space/only-player-collide poly under the rimbs, so that the ball can fall back down, to make it fair. The area after the 'pole' would be hurtful, meaning that if you step on it, you lose health. So all you have to do is lose some health and get the health kit. That way it will spawn up in the middle again and the whole thing repeats itself.

Well... this was a long and pointless post. :D

Messiah
December 3, 2004, 10:06 pm
Hey, K!rby use the links under my name, itll give you everything you need to know 'Movie Making For Newbs!'

Yukwunhang
December 4, 2004, 9:15 am
my idea is knife=ball...but everyone should not take out another knife

ThaD
December 4, 2004, 11:14 am
23 KB/s , go babe go!!! :P

great movie, encourages to play SolSoccer :)

Kirby
December 4, 2004, 7:15 pm
Ty, yea, I know, DL time sucks...

Michal
December 4, 2004, 10:35 pm
I got 50kb/s. Nice video, interesting game mode :) . Try doing it with only punching and 2 different teams, so you can "tackle" your opponents ;)

Deleted User
December 5, 2004, 12:26 pm
16 minutes - 50KB/s - I want to see it too.

I hope everyone will at least once play soccer in Soldat. As they say: "Sport is Health" (translation from Polish).

Yukwunhang
December 5, 2004, 5:05 pm
Finally its finished, Basketball in Soldat.
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=19144
thx watcher :)

Kirby
December 6, 2004, 10:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by MessiahHey, K!rby use the links under my name, itll give you everything you need to know 'Movie Making For Newbs!'

Haha, thx... I read that and found out that capturing at 15 fps is much better! I was capturing at 30 fps before and had to slow it down, this made it fuzzy. When I make Soldat Basketball Promo it will now be clear.

Yukwunhang
December 7, 2004, 10:09 am
where do you find the link? cant find any link under the name...

Kazuki
December 7, 2004, 1:21 pm
It's actually under his signature. :D

Movie Making for Newbies

Yukwunhang
December 7, 2004, 2:31 pm
lol, i turned off the sig XD

KnOt
December 8, 2004, 10:29 am
Absolutely fantastic movie.. and an even more amazing new game mode! But you need a better ball! -_- http://img79.exs.cx/img79/73/medikit1dj.png

Unlucky 13
December 19, 2004, 8:02 am
quote:Originally posted by KirbySomeone should make a basketball map, that would pwn.. Dunno how it would be done though...

I did, and had them up online and on my siggie too. But the damned new forum lost it. Anyway, you use the knife to score in the hoops, and to take it of the player, punch em! Floor is ReGen polygons, so it is harder to die.