( search forums )
enemy see ur hp like allies can..
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
m00`
December 3, 2004, 5:36 am
Can you make it so that enemies can see ur hp when their cursor is on you just like team mates can, it pisses me of when people are trying to kill me, then when I kill them they say "BULLSH!T I HIT YOU A ZILLION THOUSAND MILLION TIMES" and when I explain to them that I was on like 1hp or somthing they blurt out the word "hacker".

this is a simple improvement and it wont hurt soldat.

Marine
December 3, 2004, 5:58 am
I don't see many reasons against it.

paramud
December 3, 2004, 5:59 am
i dont see many reasons for it either

Jap_man
December 3, 2004, 6:05 am
yea, i dont see why not, might as well put it in ;)

Hercule Poirot
December 3, 2004, 6:57 am
i agree i want to see enemys health :/

peemonkey
December 3, 2004, 7:08 am
i dont mind other's seeing how unhurt they made me. im for this. (nobody say 'option', or ill bite you.)

The Geologist
December 3, 2004, 7:16 am
A very sound idea. It'd put an end to many of those disputes about just how much health was left, or if those pesky barrett bulletts really hit..

Deleted User
December 3, 2004, 8:51 am
I'd would of said no, until I read The Geologist's post, Im sick of getting two m79/law direct hits and not seing them die, or even show blood.

Yes, yes and damn [IMAGE]in' yes

LazehBoi
December 3, 2004, 9:23 am
I'd like to see a thing saying in the console... "You did (this much) to (their name), (their name) did (this much) to you."
I dunno, i'm guessing your suggestion would be easier to put in, but in my opinion i'd prefer my idea :Q

m00`
December 3, 2004, 9:28 am
yah ur idea is good lazeh but it'd flog up the console and i use the console t osee what was typed up earlier..

I also think that both teammates and enemies could see if u have a vest or not and how much life its on when they put their cursor on you.

Jaz
December 3, 2004, 2:23 pm
Well, I don't think it's needed because the soldats health can be kinda guessed by what he looks like. Not bloody = high. Bloody = low....quite simple :D. It would also be gay having a number above everyones head.

Teh Panda
December 3, 2004, 2:51 pm
I dont have time to watch enemys healts :D

DT
December 3, 2004, 4:13 pm
you can alreadyt guess how much life they have WHEN THIER BLEEDING... its not hard to tell but i think about after half your life is gone then you start bleeding

damnnation
December 3, 2004, 4:21 pm
hmm i don't like the idea

DeMonIc
December 3, 2004, 4:27 pm
Yeah, good idea.

ThaD
December 3, 2004, 4:29 pm
>>when their cursor is on

oh cmon u usually don't have enough time to do that

SERIAL KILLeR
December 3, 2004, 6:05 pm
would help to find campers behind scenery...

Hercule Poirot
December 3, 2004, 7:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by ThaD>>when their cursor is on

oh cmon u usually don't have enough time to do that

well how about somekinda status bar that shows health up on players?

[IMAGE]

DT
December 3, 2004, 7:13 pm
mabye show all allys hp as a percentage and when cursor is over a enemy shows thier percent... and a option for seeing life to

peemonkey
December 3, 2004, 7:30 pm
^cursor on them^
if you dont usually have time for it, then neither do they, but if you take the time, it might help. im actually over this idea, you can tell how hurt they are by how dead they are.

BManx2000
December 3, 2004, 7:43 pm
Health bars like in hercule poirot's suggestion are a bad idea because they would reveal you when trying to hide.

palloco
December 3, 2004, 7:48 pm
OMG look, Hercule Poirot is spraying when UP said they wouldn't.
Ban ban ban

Hercule Poirot
December 3, 2004, 7:55 pm
sure i use autos and btw that match was 18.09.2004 so tsk tsk...

mipit
December 3, 2004, 9:01 pm
Mabye they can have a health bar appear over there head when your cursor is over them for enimyes abd for team mates it always shos it.

m00`
December 3, 2004, 9:46 pm
I dont understand, if you dont have time to put ur cursor on them then dont worry about it, some people do and its not a big deal, the point is so that people stop whining.

_Mancer_
December 3, 2004, 9:50 pm
Good idea, me likes this idea. But...oh nevermind.

[Forcing self not to relate this in real life]

PS: 300th post XD

Vijchtidoodah
December 4, 2004, 1:53 am
It won't give away your position because you can see people's names anyway, they just disappear when you're crouching or prone.

I think it is a useless idea, though, because any hacker can just make weapons hurt him less and you wouldn't be able to prove anything if they are even just a little bit hurt. Not to mention that lag usually causes people not to take damage too.

ThaD
December 4, 2004, 11:12 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`I dont understand, if you dont have time to put ur cursor on them then dont worry about it, some people do and its not a big deal, the point is so that people stop whining.

I disagree, Soldat is a fast game and putting a cursor on the enemy is just waisting your time; no one i know aims like that, it's just inefficient. Besides even if you know how many hp of your's enemy left it's nothing more but useless piece of information, you will shoot him anyway

m00`
December 4, 2004, 11:59 am
Okey, but how will this hurt soldat? People like me have time to do this kind of stuff...

mipit
December 4, 2004, 1:36 pm
well if i have a 2 hit deadgun and a law and i see a guy i can put my mouse over him and decide to ude my primary or secondary so i can kill a reloadling sniper

ThaD
December 4, 2004, 4:59 pm
m00 ok it can be implemented i'm not sure if this will be usefull tho, it's up to Michal now :)

Marine
December 4, 2004, 5:03 pm
It couldn't take that much coding, and I still haven't seen any good reasons why not to put it in. It'd just be handy if you're holding position, and you see somone running towards you, usually you have time to put cursor over him, and you see your own health and decide whether its safe to attack (unless your someone who doesnt give about stats -.-)

Xanthophobia
December 4, 2004, 9:30 pm
how about if an enemy's health bar only appears when you deal damage, then fades out after about 1 second. That way they wouldn't be too exposed if they were trying to hide (when you put the cursor over them) and at the same time, you could still see if you're doing any damage.

Harwin
December 5, 2004, 11:45 pm
Or what about just seeing health bars on players while your a predator?

3rd_account
December 6, 2004, 11:11 am
I preffer it to be displayed after death, sort of like...

Damage Inflicted: Boogie Man (147%/4 hits), Admiral (119%/3 hits)
Damage Recieved: Admiral (35%/1 hit), Terminator (89%/5 hits)

... in snazzy colours!

diediedie119
December 7, 2004, 4:47 am
quote:ow about if an enemy's health bar only appears when you deal damage, then fades out after about 1 second. That way they wouldn't be too exposed if they were trying to hide (when you put the cursor over them) and at the same time, you could still see if you're doing any damage.

mad idea
so YES
YES
AND
OMG OMG OMG OMG YES

Vijchtidoodah
December 7, 2004, 5:00 am
Agree too Xanth and 3rd Account. That way, even if it isn't necessary as a tool to catch cheaters, it's still fun to know.

DT
December 7, 2004, 4:09 pm
mabye this can be only for registered...

Will
December 8, 2004, 1:58 pm
Q : how many people put thier cursor over a person before killing them?

A : none

3rd_account
December 8, 2004, 2:47 pm
Will> Barretards and Rugerers do if the sniper line is inactivated.

DT
December 8, 2004, 3:57 pm
DT: guys you all ok?
*DT holds alt to see thier damage*
DT: eh 31% is fine now CHARGE!!!

Holding alt to see peoples hp

kkazican
December 8, 2004, 7:49 pm
How about if an enemy's health bar only appears when you deal damage, then fades out after about 1 second. That way they wouldn't be too exposed if they were trying to hide (when you put the cursor over them) and at the same time, you could still see if you're doing any damage.

I think that is the best idea thusfar because it benefits campers/sneakers and most people wont have to put their cursor over the enemy (which they don't do now) or have to stop to hit some silly button so as to screw up their gaming chi (DT stop talking)

Aquarius
December 8, 2004, 8:04 pm
This idea is stupid. Soldat is not a strategy game to show some retarded stat bars over your head. Learn to watch enemy wounds and bleeding. Health bars would be to obvious and it would destroy all the atmosphere of this game.

quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahAgree too Xanth and 3rd Account. That way, even if it isn't necessary as a tool to catch cheaters, it's still fun to know.
No, it's much more fun NOT to know.

quote:Originally posted by m00`I dont understand, if you dont have time to put ur cursor on them then dont worry about it, some people do and its not a big deal, the point is so that people stop whining.
Some people won't stop whining, EVER. You should know it already. BTW... don't play with morons.

diediedie119
December 8, 2004, 8:44 pm
mad idea
YES
YES
OMG OMG OMG OMG YES

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 7:15 pm
how about instead of constantly looking at your enemy to get a constant reading of their health, why not just have something that tells you their hp when you die, and it tells you their hp when you kill them, yada yada... save alot of time, because i aim behind the target

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 7:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by Krieghow about instead of constantly looking at your enemy to get a constant reading of their health, why not just have something that tells you their hp when you die, and it tells you their hp when you kill them, yada yada... save alot of time, because i aim behind the target

and tells them yours when they die*

Vijchtidoodah
December 9, 2004, 8:37 pm
Jesus krieg, have you just been going down the list of threads posting at every one? Oh, nevermind, you have.

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 8:45 pm
nice of you to notice >:) i am taking over the forums muhuahhahaha i stick with my guns, enemy_health_percent player_dead = 1

DT
December 9, 2004, 9:51 pm
god your acting like i use to... but worse.... and you don't have a 350 post fine yet.
i still stick with the holding alt