* Splat sceneries removed to get rid of the white boxes

An overview:

[IMAGE]

Here's the link for the download:

http://www.soldatworld.com/fileupload/store/Snow%20Field%202.zip

Hope you guys enjoy it. :)

Messiah
December 3, 2004, 11:32 pm
Heh, Nice but it would nice if it was a ctf too :) nice map.

peemonkey
December 4, 2004, 12:03 am
what's that red shtuff i see?

im not dleding, cuz if it's truly wothy, it'll end up on a server i frequent

Skate4Razors
December 4, 2004, 1:48 am
That looks awesome! Good job, make more maps!

_Mancer_
December 4, 2004, 2:45 am
I suggest you make corners so people dont fall off the edge of the planet and I suggest that you make the ground a little more thick on the bottom so it doesnt look like its floating in space.

6/10 for this version. Update it.

T-Money
December 4, 2004, 3:31 am
7/10.

Rambo_6
December 4, 2004, 3:43 am
Not bad, a little shy on bunkers, crates, barrels, etc. that i can hide behind ;)

Yea, add edges so no n00bs run off teh edge like lemmings. What are those red spots?

Deleted User
December 4, 2004, 4:33 am
I'm not sure what the point of those big white boxes is, but they're handy for pointing out little flaws. Near the lower box is a poly that you forgot to make an ice patch. Or perhaps you meant to leave it like that. Either way its to the right of the health spawn point.

I like this version of the map, especially on blue mode. Maybe you should put some icicles or something in, it's a little drab. I'd also like to see an ice patch in the lower middle, then there'd be something to slide onto after jumping off the left side.

In my opinion, I wouldn't bother with boundaries, makes it more interesting to see your opponent go flying off the map and vanish just as he's about to kill you.

Overall i'd give this map a 7/10 for now. Good luck with the next version

The Geologist
December 4, 2004, 10:15 am
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_I suggest you make corners so people dont fall off the edge of the planet and I suggest that you make the ground a little more thick on the bottom so it doesnt look like its floating in space.

quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6Not bad, a little shy on bunkers, crates, barrels, etc. that i can hide behind ;)

Yea, add edges so no n00bs run off teh edge like lemmings. What are those red spots?

Actually, all the edges are iced up so you do fall off if you're not careful...it's intentional. I even announced that when I put this map up for consideration as an idea. As for the red spots..those are sceneries. They're one of the "splat" designs I think...basically blood on the snow. I put those in last minute, I know they might look bad, lmao...I've been busy as hell this week, lol.

Also, I'm working around a scenery limit here...I can't put tons of crates and barrels and stuff in there. The piles that were created have colliders in them, they wil protect you if used, but they can always be reworked.

What big white boxes are you talking about..? I didn't create any big white boxes...I only streached one of the crate sceneries. Maybe you mean the snow polys? As I said before...I got plenty of poly troubles when making this map. Polys disappeared, and my whole design got messed up a few times. So if something popped up that I didn't catch, elaborate...but I don't know of any "big white boxes". Thanks for the input..there will be a rerelease sometime soon.

Deleted User
December 4, 2004, 5:44 pm
[IMAGE]
This is what I got when I played the map. Might just be me though.

Instead of getting those "red spots" everyone else is mentioning, I get big white blocks.

damnnation
December 4, 2004, 6:26 pm
maybe it's cuz you use the BLEU-mod ?...

Deleted User
December 4, 2004, 6:59 pm
That was my first thought, but then I wondered why it wouldn't have happened before. Meh..

grand_diablo
December 4, 2004, 7:40 pm
Swaza, u seem to be missing scenery the that the map uses.

Deleted User
December 4, 2004, 10:06 pm
Ah..I wonder where it went..

The Geologist
December 4, 2004, 10:37 pm
Wow...that's really odd. Definately nothing like that in the map..anyone else had any problems like this?

Cookie.
December 5, 2004, 12:49 am
that white block error is from not having the scenery usually.. i get it sometimes just playing normal maps then i reboot and its fine but it can also be from not having the scenery in the right folder

IDF-RIPsta
December 5, 2004, 1:15 am
Swazo, did you place the scenery BMPs (if there are any), in the correct folder?

Vijchtidoodah
December 5, 2004, 1:59 am
Those white spots are wierd, but this map is so perfect for deathmatch!

The Geologist
December 5, 2004, 2:19 am
I'll release it again without those splat sceneries...sorry for the trouble. :)

peemonkey
December 5, 2004, 2:23 am
splat? lemme guess, red or white crater.bmp's?

pinkispimp
December 5, 2004, 2:52 am
good map make more

Inquisitor
December 5, 2004, 9:00 am
oh jeer. i luv snow maps.
please dear map creators, gimme more of this.
the more white the better da map.

Element_101
December 5, 2004, 9:34 am
Looks Like A Good Map But I Think Il Do The Same As peemonkey.

Deleted User
December 5, 2004, 7:55 pm
I think something got messed up while I downloaded it. I don't seem to have any of the splat sceneries. I have wierd problems on some maps though that don't seem to make any sense, maybe this is just another one of those.

The Geologist
December 5, 2004, 8:26 pm
Let me guess..you see big white boxes instead of the splat scenies? No worries..I'll rerelease and take those out so no one has problems. Anyone interested, re D/L the map later this evening. Thanks for all the feedback :)

Inquisitor: I liked making this snow map..and I may make more ;)

Skeet
December 6, 2004, 4:01 am
swazo i have that same white block on mine had i have no mod

The Geologist
December 6, 2004, 7:41 am
quote:Originally posted by Skeetswazo i have that same white block on mine had i have no mod

Try downloading the new map version.