( search forums )
No ammo/Gun won't shoot bug
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Vijchtidoodah
December 3, 2004, 11:15 pm
For some reason, every once in a while (and frequently when I throw knives or pick up weapons) my gun will either randomly not shoot at all or will be stuck at 0 bullets until I reload. This normally wouldn't be a problem but it sucks ass when I have to reload a barret or m79.

Also, when I pick up or throw weapons, my other weapon will also be thrown or will automatically lose all of it's ammo or just won't shoot until I throw it down and pick it up again.

What's up?

Alamo
December 3, 2004, 11:18 pm
Roll or press the gren button for a short time.

LazehBoi
December 4, 2004, 2:58 am
oh, that's the weapon jamming bug. Just tap the grenade throw key, or (if you can) switch weapon and then switch back, or throw it down and pick it up again. I prefer the first.

Noobile
December 4, 2004, 3:37 am
1. lie down, and stand back up, usually fixes this problem, this bug has been discussed before, although I don't know why it hasn't been fixed, I guess the lie down, stand up fix is good enough.

2. it's because you're hitting the "throw weapon" button before the animation of "switch weapons" finishes, so the game sees it as an interruption of the animation, and thinks you wanted to throw your primary. esentially, that IS what you're telling soldat you want to do, just be a bit more patient with things and you'll be set.

Sprocket
December 4, 2004, 12:23 pm
actually, the jamming bug is prettycool cause in real life, weapons can jam after a while..

Denacke
December 4, 2004, 1:56 pm
yes, especially knives jam a lot sprocket!

Vijchtidoodah
December 4, 2004, 11:24 pm
Thanks for the advice guys!