( search forums )
Add Real Time Clock
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Merach
December 4, 2004, 1:36 am
Hello:
I have a suggestion. Well, the idea was from a friend of mine, Noxtrepador. We think would be good to add a clock (digitall) in a corner of Soldat screen. I spend a lot of time playing soldat, I start playing and time seems to fly, pass faster than doing something else. With a clock we can control the hour without taking off attention from the game; logically this is usefull for fullscreen mode, not so much for windowed one.
Have a nice game.

Magniitude
December 4, 2004, 1:43 am
Can't, beacuse people play all around the world at the same time, so you can't have a synchronized time. Either keep a watch/clock near you, or have it be area specific. it's not really neccassary to have this.

peemonkey
December 4, 2004, 1:52 am
you can. it can synch with your pc's default clock. no need for global time. or, you could simply tell it what time, and it keeps it from then on. i'm totally for this idea, but i thought it'd been addressed at some point in time, so decided not to bring it up.

DT
December 4, 2004, 2:16 am
alarm clock + set to every hour = you know how many hours you play... all but simple.

BMF
December 4, 2004, 2:26 am
good idea if you ask me

Deleted User
December 4, 2004, 2:30 am
This would be nice since time always seems to fly when I play.

Famine
December 4, 2004, 2:53 am
I concur

Captain RibMan
December 4, 2004, 2:56 am
i second that concurrance

LazehBoi
December 4, 2004, 3:00 am
Good idea, I remember Age Of Wonders doing that because games were soooooo long (about 3 - 4 hours on a medium-sized map) and they could make you lose track of time. :X I wouldn't mind a clock, but maybe theres a program that does it...

Michal
December 4, 2004, 3:50 am
I would like this, It's hard to see my clock from the computer area due to glare :P

Marine
December 4, 2004, 3:54 am
Seems decent enough

Jap_man
December 4, 2004, 6:51 am
this aint a bad idea, maybe some kind of command to see the time (eg. /thetime)

IDF-RIPsta
December 4, 2004, 10:19 am
The idea is nice.

I would also like to see a digital clock replace the ugly time announcements to the end of the game.
"5 minutes..."
"4 minutes..."

DeMonIc
December 4, 2004, 10:28 am
I'm in for this idea 8)

Alamo
December 4, 2004, 12:15 pm
I know that 'Time flies' thing. I would like a clock in the game... Now make it selectable, maybe by a command or add it to the F3-status and everyone is happy :) And adding a clock in Delphi is one of the simplest things to do. I know that, because I use Delphi myself.
stringvariable := timetostr(now);
and you're done.

papasurf31
December 4, 2004, 8:53 pm
Good idea, playing soldat does sort of take a lot of time. You should be able to set alarms and stuff, just to alert you that the chicken is done or your parents will be home in five minutes.

Harwin
December 5, 2004, 11:49 pm
And what about adding a compass too? And a termometre... And... A clap-o-meter.
I think its un-neccesary

Just dont play in full screen.

I dont play in full screen and even though that, i never look down on the time and all, i play soldat, when i close it, i have like 5 new windows open on MSN which i didnt even notice when the big windows popped up. I dont think its such a useful thing.

Cookie.
December 6, 2004, 12:11 am
ahhh im for this idea i want the clock

Element_101
December 6, 2004, 12:11 am
Quite A Few Games These Days Are Including This Feature.

Maybe A Option To Turn It On Or Off Would Be Handy.

Michal
December 6, 2004, 12:16 am
Most of the display things can be turned on or off with an F# key, I don't know if they are all used up yet but one of them could be used for this purpose.

NuZZ
December 6, 2004, 8:16 am
Why not? Sounds Peachy.. .fuk that its fully sick yeah brudah

Will
December 6, 2004, 8:58 am
dont be bothered about the time, just play for gods sake.

diediedie119
December 7, 2004, 4:51 am
stfu will
having a clock is a realy god idea

Alamo
December 7, 2004, 8:04 pm
'stfu' is not a proper argumentation.
Prove your point... In a way Will did; you don't.
I still think the real time clock is a great idea. Maybe just make it an option (yep, I'm serious).

Subslider
December 7, 2004, 8:38 pm
nope dont make it an option no option!

nour does it ahve to be in the screen all the time..

just an command like /time will do fine..
this way, the people who play on windowed wont be bothered with it and the people who want to see it can have it..

problem solved.. ^^

BManx2000
December 7, 2004, 10:42 pm
Having it as a command would defeat the purpose of being able to check the time at a glance. Otherwise, you may as well look at your watch. If you don't have a watch, stop being stupid and get one.

palloco
December 7, 2004, 10:45 pm
If you want an alarm there are programs out there that can pop up in the middle of the game at a certain time.

kkazican
December 7, 2004, 11:49 pm
I got an even more innovative idea. Instead of making mike spend more time on dumb ideas like this why don't you buy a $10 watch. Then strategically equip it to your wrist. Meticulously set the time to be aligned with your time zone. Cautiously set the timer on the watch to go off at the designated time. It's so brilliant I am amazed no one thought of it before! The thought of buying a watch and/or a clock. I mean two devices created that are cheaply manufactured and made more portable every day. I mean I know you people make your mothers prouder every day with your disproportionally enlarged brains.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 8, 2004, 1:21 am
its been suggested before and i dont see how it could hurt, you should be able to turn it off and on though.

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 8:18 pm
Captain Ribman, good episode of family guy
okay now referring to the question, i reckon its a good idea, however, isn't that why the change map time is about 15-40 minutes on my server normally about 50-120 :)