( search forums )
Whats in a name?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Jello
December 4, 2004, 6:33 am
I was wondering why everyone chose thier names. I named myself not after the food, although it is tasty, but after the singer. Yes, I named myself after Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedys. 3rd runner up for mayor of San Francisco sometime in the 80s, Jock/Prep/RichKid hater, and punk legend. Yes, I think I chose well...

Ok now its your turn.

Liber_Lupus
December 4, 2004, 8:39 am
I remember this topic has been excisted. Anyway i chose my name out of nowhere. Didn't bother to find a good name.

Jap_man
December 4, 2004, 8:42 am
i got given this name cause im jap. >_>
pretty self explanitory o.o

paramud
December 4, 2004, 9:11 am
i chose my name because it was a crossbreed between my two favorite non-existent animal.

The Geologist
December 4, 2004, 10:20 am
I chose my name because I am a geologist.

DeMonIc
December 4, 2004, 10:42 am
I've been Demonic-everything(cow, spurku, rofflesaurus...) so now I'm here =_=

m00`
December 4, 2004, 10:45 am
I decided i like cows

Meandor
December 4, 2004, 2:25 pm
Dead Kennedys own! Listening to them right now.
Meandor = evil dude from age of wonders 1, is seen also in aow2 and aow2:sm

Magniitude
December 4, 2004, 3:02 pm
I once picked this name when i was writing a fan-fic for a game, and i thought magnitude had probably been taken up, so i used magniitude. I thought it would be cool, so i stuck with it.

Transit
December 4, 2004, 3:14 pm
I picked my name when I needed something to put on the back of my t-shirt that my friends mom was making us in like 6th grade, and considering I rode the community transit to school every morning. (lived in the city went to school in the country) I thought that Mr.Transit would be appropriate, I've since dropped the MR. part. Sometime this summer me thinks...

?
December 4, 2004, 3:43 pm
My old one(OnE GrAm) was a nickname at school, since my name is Graham.. kinda a fat joke but it was cool cause only my friends used it... then my new one (Jazzy Joe) was just a name I make up for a fishing character on UOgateway.... plus I like jazz....

Deleted User
December 4, 2004, 5:26 pm
I ripped mine off of some japanimation show that only lasted about 5 episodes.

damnnation
December 4, 2004, 5:33 pm
damnnation : seen it on telivision but it sayd damnation just putted N in it but now i use CacophonouS: Old Black-metal company and i like thise weird names :)

b00stA
December 4, 2004, 5:36 pm
..it seemed cool to me back then.
My second nick (Amblin) is just another fantasy word, although I may be wrong and I subconsciously picked it up from Amblin Entertainment by Steven Spielberg :(

Deleted User
December 4, 2004, 5:46 pm
i thought of a cool animal (gerbil) and what would make it even cooler (if it was broken). a winning combination

Jello
December 4, 2004, 5:52 pm
I guess I should have used Search, eh Liber Lupus? Sorry about that.
I appreciate all the responces however.
Thanks kids.

Deleted User
December 4, 2004, 5:53 pm
I choosed this name, coz there is a "Shadow" in forum. My name is just Shadow :)

BMF
December 4, 2004, 5:56 pm
Search button is your friend

Jello
December 4, 2004, 6:23 pm
I actually just tried searching now for "name" in the title of threads...didn't get any topics like this one so I donno.

damnnation
December 4, 2004, 6:29 pm
Shadow is the stupidest name cuz almost everybody uses it.. (my opinion)

_Mancer_
December 4, 2004, 6:33 pm
I got my name from the midevil name Necromancer, which means Death Bringer/Summoner

Necromancer was a bit long for me so I cut it down to Mancer. Interesting how it means Death Bringer XD

BMF
December 4, 2004, 6:54 pm
anyway, my name's BMF because i am so damn good at this game

LumpyFerret
December 4, 2004, 6:55 pm
my freind that i used to play diablo 2 online with..

He had the name Lumpyferret.

and at the time i had a stupid name..
and i was talking in chat about names and i said that i had seen this guy with the name Lumpyferret.
and this dude said "hey thats me"

but then i didnt hear from him for ages

SO the legend lives on..

peemonkey
December 4, 2004, 6:55 pm
peemonkey- monkeypee.mpg
Fangus Deef - peoples calls me that cuz a homeless man downtown named me that.
Jesus's Vagina - plenty of reasons.
Jesus's Vagina (1) - that lovely bug in the start of 1.2...i got kicked for it sevral times cuz they thought i was a dead soldier if i stood there talking for a few secs, not moving.

Michal
December 4, 2004, 10:18 pm
My name is Michal because it's my real name and I'm not creative enough to think of a better nickname :(

karmazon
December 4, 2004, 11:12 pm
karmazon - from a comic book I drew, it somehow relates to Donald Duck but I have no idea how

IDF-RIPsta
December 5, 2004, 1:37 am
One of my favorite rap artists nicknamed himself RIPsta... since he stopped using it and since it sounds quite aggressive, I chose it as mine.

IDF was the first clan I joined, which later turned into Mossad - . My soldat buddy, Rambo, and I, lead the clan until I quit and ReDevil took over.
IDF also stands for - Israeli Defense Force.

I use an entirely different handle when playing soldat now.

IDF-RIPsta
December 5, 2004, 1:37 am
One of my favorite rap artists nicknamed himself RIPsta... since he stopped using it and since it sounds quite aggressive, I chose it as mine.

IDF was the first clan I joined, which later turned into Mossad - {^MD^}. My soldat buddy, Rambo, and I, lead the clan until I quit and ReDevil took over.
IDF also stands for - Israeli Defense Force.

I use an entirely different handle when playing soldat now.

Beren
December 5, 2004, 5:05 am
Beren, one of the coolest characters I've ever encountered, from a book called The Silmalrillion (by Tolkien). There's no way to understand his coolness without reading the book, or at least that part of the book.

Cookie.
December 5, 2004, 5:59 am
I was eating a cookie at the time... and since Cookie was taken i became Cookie.
lol

FliesLikeABrick
December 5, 2004, 6:22 am
I have been rock climbing since i was 8 or so, and I also worked in a couple theatres doing lighting. After a while i realized if i take a bad fall doing either, I'm gonna approximate the aerodynamics of a brick.

IDF-RIPsta
December 5, 2004, 10:08 am
Yes, but the endeffect will be totally different upon "landing"...

peemonkey
December 5, 2004, 10:29 pm
but his name isnt LandsLikeATomato

Shyo
December 5, 2004, 10:36 pm
i have no idea where i got this nick

and it isnt related to shy >_<

Jaz
December 5, 2004, 10:42 pm
when i was like 5 i allways danced around instead of walking around. my name is james and so got shortened to "JaZzA". Which then got shortened even more to "Jaz". Which will soon by Ja then J then " " when I die.

The Geologist
December 6, 2004, 8:13 am
quote:Originally posted by Jazwhen i was like 5 i allways danced around instead of walking around. my name is james and so got shortened to "JaZzA". Which then got shortened even more to "Jaz". Which will soon by Ja then J then " " when I die.

lol...your name always reminds me of DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince from back in the day. :)

DT
December 6, 2004, 4:47 pm
Jello quit trying to figure out what my name is.... for you shall never know...

FliesLikeABrick
December 6, 2004, 5:15 pm
to be honest DT, i kinda doubt this thread was made with the intention of finding out what your name meant

Meandor
December 6, 2004, 5:39 pm
Demented Teen?

Deleted User
December 6, 2004, 7:03 pm
But my real name is by my colors...
I am black like a shadow.
And when I know that SSCC is being, I changed my skin black too ;P

Jello
December 8, 2004, 2:29 am
Actually, I was kinda wondering about DT. Mostly DT, Chakra, BMF, and some others but they already answered the post so I don't wonder any more.

Cookie.
December 8, 2004, 2:48 am
Chakra: A vortex of energy located in the physical body for the purpose of keeping a flow of energy throughout the body. There are seven major locations starting at the base of the spinal cord and traveling to the top of the head.
BMF: Bad mother [IMAGE]er? :) lol
DT: Dumb tool

The Geologist
December 8, 2004, 3:47 am
DT: Diabolic Tampon
Distended Tube
Dyslexic Trisomy

That's all I got fer now.

liquidis x snake
December 8, 2004, 3:51 am
There was a Solid Snake, a Liquid Snake, and a Solidus Snake. I figured Liquidis (which looks better than Liquidus) sounds a helluva lot better than Gaseous Snake.

Vapor Snake wasn't that bad, though.

aliases:
[ahs] EB!
liquidis x snake (or lxs)
lolwtferic

DT
December 8, 2004, 4:32 am
only the gods know... and of course me and my hometown in turkey... and my parents... and the people at my school

Napster
December 8, 2004, 5:06 am
I was bored and didnt have anhything to thing about :/

Captain RibMan
December 8, 2004, 5:20 am
DT's real name is Deetea, thats why people that know him would understand his name

MercyM
December 8, 2004, 1:37 pm
My name had to be Mercy, but it already was in use

Messiah
December 9, 2004, 2:36 am
Because it was like, the saviour kinda name, Old nickname: BerzserkBot because i was insane :P and Messiah now, because someone in my clan has the same name lol, and theres a confusion so i just chose this :P