( search forums )
Weapon Tips Thingy
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Skate4Razors
December 4, 2004, 5:47 pm
I've been playing for a while with all my friends and clan members. I'm going to somewhat try and tell you guys what to use to counteract an enemy. I know they may be wrong in your opinion, but OH WELL! See if this may help you, if it dosn't, then I suck... Here ya go!

- - - Key: Enemy's Weapon // What To Use To Win - - -

- D.Eagles // Any Auto, Ruger

- MP5 // Ruger, D.Eagles

- AK-74 // MP5, Ruger

- Steyr Aug // MP5, Ruger

- Spaz // Anything! :)

- Ruger // Any Auto

- M79 // Barrett, Any Auto, Ruger

- Barrett // Any Auto, M79

- Minime // MP5, Ruger, M79

- Minigun // Anything! :)

- - - - - - - - - -

I wont even talk about secondaries, use whatever. Overall, I've noticed the Ruger really owns a lot of people. I'm not saying it's the best because I use the m79 most of the time. If you feel these are wrong, then flame me I guess... Not too much though, I'm sensitive. :)

P.S. Tell me if the colors piss you off! :D

Deleted User
December 4, 2004, 5:52 pm
I agree with you about the Ruger, it does seem to be an all around good weapon. It can fit into most scenarioes.

P.S.The colors hurt my eyes...X#

Teh Panda
December 4, 2004, 6:02 pm
I dont agree with that. I have no energy to tell my opinion, but thats not rite.

Jello
December 4, 2004, 6:10 pm
Interesting post, but one question: how can barret counter M79, and M79 counter barret?
Does this just mean they're...equal? So confused...

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 4, 2004, 6:22 pm
actually, due to the bink effect, Minigun is hard to deal with using Barret

peemonkey
December 4, 2004, 6:26 pm
any weapon is perfect against any weapon if you have skill.

Jaz
December 4, 2004, 6:54 pm
Need to adjust to all different weapons. Like.....if your up against an auto and a ruger with m79, take out the auto first cos then u wont get sprayed, then you can get space and beat the ruger with the loop.

n00bface
December 4, 2004, 6:56 pm
Lol, how can you kill a decent AK-74 with a ruger? There is bink!!! And you forgot to add steyr to counter AK-74, and vice-versa.

Deleted User
December 4, 2004, 6:58 pm
Minimi > everything

3rd_account
December 4, 2004, 7:02 pm
Skoskav > Rune
;)

kkazican
December 4, 2004, 7:03 pm
I kick everyone's ass with ruger and I can often get my assed kicked by deaglers, automatics barrets m79s. Some weapons would probably be better used against other but it mostly depends on their skill level and familiarity with the weapon.

I using ruger often get my ass kicked by deaglers. However I also can kick thir ass with spaz depending on the map or using an m79. Or I could just keep using ruger and learn to deal with deaglers.

Main Point: It is the person using the weapon that determines their effectiveness at it.

AerialAssault
December 4, 2004, 7:20 pm
ITS NOT [IMAGE]ING RIGHT.

Dark Lord Of Paperclips
December 4, 2004, 7:33 pm
I suck with the barret, but thats because im lousy at aiming :)

hey kkazian, where did you get that infobox?

Xanthophobia
December 4, 2004, 7:36 pm
YEAH AND IT'S SPAS NOT SPAZ... like anyone really cares. XD

Shyo
December 4, 2004, 7:41 pm
spas > all
;_;

Teh Panda
December 4, 2004, 7:44 pm
Junk thread this to come has. (teh uber leet yoda talking)

Skate4Razors
December 4, 2004, 8:07 pm
I know it's spas, but I like spaz a lot more, z is a cool letter! :)

quote:Originally posted by JelloInteresting post, but one question: how can barret counter M79, and M79 counter barret?
Does this just mean they're...equal? So confused...

They can both counter eachoher because if one misses it takes a few seconds to reload. Between those few seconds the attacker halws arse to get to the enemy. Trust me, I've killed a lot of people with barretts using the M79. It's funny actually because it looks like your aiming at a ghost.

BMF
December 4, 2004, 8:34 pm
Some weapons are short range, some weapons are long range. You dont want to go against a long range gun with a short range weapon on a long range, and you dont want to go against a short range gun with a long range gun on a short range. Huh??

Short range:
Deagles
MP5
Spas
M79
Steyr

Long Range
AK
Ruger
Barret
Minimi

This is of course very relative, because deagles and spas can also be effective long range. But I am talking about an EFFECTIVE range here.

Damn I am gonna write a paper about this during the winter break.

Shyo
December 4, 2004, 8:58 pm
well, spas is only usefull for boosting and a m79 is handy there, too.
I mean, deagles are always better as spas, close and long range :\. it takes 2 close body hits with spas AND deagles. and deagle fire rate > spas :\

Deleted User
December 4, 2004, 9:11 pm
What about the secondaries? I used to think they were kinda useless, but here lately I've been using the knife more and more, with good results as well.

A well thrown knife can be effective against an incoming enemy, and an "artillery" shot with a LAW always has the chance of hurting someone at least.

Dark Lord Of Paperclips
December 4, 2004, 9:35 pm
well i use knifes by default, they are great when you want to jump and attack someone above you...

USSOCOM are kinda nice for people chosing barret or m79?

peemonkey
December 4, 2004, 9:50 pm
LOCK

DT
December 4, 2004, 10:10 pm
autos have a majority of countering anything

BMF
December 4, 2004, 10:26 pm
sometimes i get more kills with a SOCCOM than my primary gun

mipit
December 4, 2004, 10:27 pm
i cant kill with a socom... in rated games (u13) i use barret and regular games i use a m79 and law.

Teh Panda
December 4, 2004, 10:37 pm
When i take socom. I cant stop "socoming" unless im dead. But i dont play with socom much. Its like a semiauto MP5

zimmy
December 5, 2004, 12:18 am
I love using socom in bot matches. Killing bots with it feels good, even though it aint proving anything. Every once in awhile I might use it in a real match just for the hell of it. I've killed one real person with it I think, so yea, I got some work todo with that. Now responding to the weapon tips, I gotta object to the "anything" counter to spas, a dude with the chaingun or mp5 is gonna have a hell of a lot of trouble takin down a spas. I use spas for primary and its actually not as bad at long range as people think, you just have to account for gravity more than the D. eagles, but otherwise, the pellets do a nice job of sticking together over distances. I also use the spas for its reloading, one of its unique features, since it can allow me to deliver a final shot to my opponent quicker if we both have to reload.

BMF
December 5, 2004, 12:28 am
soccom requires alot of skill. However it is very useful, since it takes less time to switch guns than to reload. Yes, even on Ruger it makes more sense to switch to Soccom than to reload.

Skate4Razors
December 5, 2004, 2:45 am
The Socom is alright, I've never been really good at it. I'm sometimes good with the knife and LAW. Don't get me started on the Chainsaw, Anyone who gets killed by a saw is odd.

Jello
December 5, 2004, 4:10 am
Way to make an intelligent response...not.

Cookie.
December 5, 2004, 5:40 am
In my opinion it dosn't matter which gun you have its which strategy you choose to use, say a spas vs a barret you may choose to rush them or to take cover or dodge :O or to stand there what would you choose?
also you are forgeting about secondaries.. they are there for a reason

Marine
December 5, 2004, 8:08 am
Ruger is the best weapon in the game. No weapon has that much power in one shot, combined with a decent enough sized clip with fast reload time and time between shots. Range is also excellent Ruger owns everything.

If you can aim for [IMAGE], use the Ruger.

Element_101
December 5, 2004, 9:20 am
Why Do So Many People Dislike The Spaz?

Its A Awsome Gun, Has Been Ever Scince I Started Playing Soldat, Its Ability To Curve Shots Over Hills And Stuff Can Give A Hudge Advantage If Used Right.

Deleted User
December 5, 2004, 11:59 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyany weapon is perfect against any weapon if you have skill.

Perfect, end of topic.

Melba
December 5, 2004, 12:44 pm
quote: Anyone who gets killed by a saw is odd.

saw owns you.

Offtopic:

quote:Why Do So Many People Dislike The Spaz?

Its A Awsome Gun, Has Been Ever Scince I Started Playing Soldat, Its Ability To Curve Shots Over Hills And Stuff Can Give A Hudge Advantage If Used Right.

Please stop :(

Skate4Razors
December 5, 2004, 2:19 pm
I use a saw in games, they own, but I can't imagine why someone could get killed by a saw in ctf and stuff. I mean, just jump a few feat. I'm not saying the saw sucks or anything, because it's the exact opposite. I LOVE THE SAW! :D

Deleted User
December 5, 2004, 8:13 pm
How could you not understand how someone could get killed by a saw? Consider these scenarios

1)Guy flies up, kills someone, falls back down, man with saw is right below him.

2)Guy is camping, man with saw comes from behind and rapes his rectum

3)Guy is camping, man with saw starts bearing down on him, camper misses, man with saw kills him before he can get up.

4)Guy is running towards enemy base with rest of his team, man with saw flies out and kills some of them before they can react.

5)Guy has flag and is just about to score, man with saw is hiding amongst health packs and grenade packs, guy with flag has his ankles devoured by saw.

I could go on and on, to kill with a saw, the best thing to do is to have speed and surprise. There are different tactics for each gun, or secondary rather..

For Knife, its a good idea to be higher up than your opponent. For Law, all you need is a place to crouch. For Socom, it's good to be close to your opponent and have decent aim. It's all just common sense.

Element_101
December 6, 2004, 12:01 am
quote:

Offtopic:

Melba Open Your Mind And You Will See That Guns Other Than The M79 And Barret Can Be Just As Effective IF You Have Skill With Them.

Famine
December 6, 2004, 12:48 am
quote:- D.Eagles // Any Auto, Ruger

- MP5 // Ruger, D.Eagles

Anyone see the problem here?

Vijchtidoodah
December 6, 2004, 1:08 am
Why does it even matter? It's not like you have a chance to change your weapons in the middle of a gunfight.

DT
December 6, 2004, 1:33 am
if your slow

Marine
December 6, 2004, 5:36 am
quote:Originally posted by Element_101Why Do So Many People Dislike The Spaz?

Well, I think primarily because of it's ineffectiveness at long range, and how so few people play realistic these days. In realistic, it owns at close range, period. One shot kill, mostly.

Will
December 6, 2004, 8:52 am
this bit makes no sense :

- D.Eagles // Any Auto, Ruger

- MP5 // Ruger, D.Eagles

because if any auto can defeat the desert eagles how can the mp5 be defeated by the D eagles?

DT
December 6, 2004, 3:19 pm
D.Eagles shot's are not as fast and far as a Ruger or Auto

MP5 Also has short range to so it would basicly be a tie

Melba
December 6, 2004, 3:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by Element_101quote:

Offtopic:

Melba Open Your Mind And You Will See That Guns Other Than The M79 And Barret Can Be Just As Effective IF You Have Skill With Them.

Who the [IMAGE] are you calling me a barretard or someone who uses m79 all the time?
Are you so stupid not to understand the "offtopic:" comment?

Da cHeeSeMaN
December 6, 2004, 5:12 pm
how can a rugar beat an auto if ur suppose to use an auto to beat a rugar???

Skate4Razors
December 6, 2004, 8:03 pm
I'm not sure, I only did this in a second, and I was pretty tired. And, it's not Rugar, it's RUGER. The autos somewhat balance out with the Ruger, so both are really good with eachother. I dunno... :/

lieroguy
December 6, 2004, 9:00 pm
Usually, I am missed by people who use the Ruger unless I'm really up-close. I find people who use the Ruger the easiest to kill, perhaps because I use the FN Minimi very accurately and the bink screws them up.

Thorak
December 7, 2004, 2:23 pm
As a SPAS lover, I feel a need to support my gun.

Sure, it doesn't have great range. But it's got more than enough kick to fire off the screen to either side of you, above where you're sitting. And, if they're off-screen, anything but a barret isn't going to be too helpful anyway.

There are two keys to the SPAS; Height, and Proximity. Get higher than the opponent, because shooting down is easier, since shooting up makes for harder arcs as you fight gravity. And get close to them. Even auto-users. When you step into them, they stop shooting for a sec to try and butt-smack you. So, you run through them to the far side, preferably binking them on the way in with a full-frontal blast, and quickly turn and finish them from behind. If you can get close, they're dead.

And even at range, the arc is really helpful. You can make shots you frankly can't make with any other weapon. I get a lot of kills by chasing someone over a hill, and then shooting them while never popping up into their line of fire.

And, for the record, while I play public, I don't play with bots. And I still rack up respectable kills. The SPAS isn't a weak weapon; it's just one you need to get used to using. Like a lot of others. Heck, I don't even use the often-mentioned boosting ability of the SPAS, at least intentionally.

Not that it's all I use. I switch around a fair bit, though I tend to use the barret less than anything else, only when I need a sniper rifle for something (usually picking off enemy snipers). I'm also partial to the Steyr, the m79 situationally, and the ruger at times. But I rack up more multikills with the spas than any other gun.

DT
December 7, 2004, 3:41 pm
the most unused primary weapon is the Mp5... its not very good

Skate4Razors
December 7, 2004, 8:17 pm
Hell no! The MP5's are so freegin awesome! They may be harder than most guns, but they are cool as hell!

Thorak: Yes I agree with you. I wasn't stating the Spas was bad or anything. Just, most people don't like it, and suck with it. It does have some good advantages, but frankly, it's poopi to a lot of people. I use it every once in a while, and I admit, it is pretty cool. It's fun to push people around, and to own with it. So, yeah...

Marine
December 8, 2004, 5:30 am
quote: If you can get close, they're dead.

Heh, thats the hard part...

Mp5 definitely does not suck. It beat all other autos, especially if you're runnign straight at me on flat ground blasting away at me.

SPARTAN_III
December 8, 2004, 11:14 am
the xm214 is my fave, bcos its good at covering fire which i like 2 do-im a support guy
i also like FN minimi cos its powerful andquite fast

Psyker
December 9, 2004, 12:48 am
hint: instead of following this guide, learn how to predict and how to lure the opponent out + waste their ammo.

also lol @ mp5 > steyr

RuY
December 9, 2004, 2:41 pm
- Spaz // Invincible! :)

no weapons can stop Spaz Power!!! :D

Teh Panda
December 9, 2004, 3:22 pm
stfu allready... It depends the weapon carrier... If some1 is v.good with Ruger he can defeat auto. etc etc...

Hanayo
December 10, 2004, 11:49 pm
true. and it depends on the situation/ the way you play.
for example it is a good idea to have a team mate in front of you if you wanna use ruger. that way u arent the first who get sprayed down u have enough time to shoot your enemies without bink. :O

petrock
December 11, 2004, 2:56 pm
since i cant usually grab a gun, i think of my actions when countering weapons.

deagles, spas, m79 - keep your distance
autos- get closer, move quick
ruger- potentially very lethal, maybe a nade combo
barrets- avoid them, move fast, nade or knife since theyre probably standing still
minigun- get behind him

Will
December 11, 2004, 4:20 pm
Skate4Razors. ure list is just plain wierd lol.

Skate4Razors
December 11, 2004, 4:52 pm
Yeah, I think some things are wrong, but I think I'll make a guide on one of my sites. Hmm... POOPI :D

zambo_the_clown
February 20, 2005, 8:54 pm
damn whats up with peeps against the minimi. i think it kicks the rugers ass. Pussy semi auto X(

SPARTAN_III
February 21, 2005, 7:32 am
dude, stop necromancing threads man

Unlucky 13
February 21, 2005, 9:11 am
Well, now this is back, I wanna lay my 2 cents.
The Spas is quite strong in some senarios, especially if you crouch or go prone before the enemy has a chance of attacking, then the precision is better, and the Spas bullets don't spread. Yet it can't shoot up or long range with out luck or extreme skill so hard you can't get it unless you have played for 75% of life of Soldat.

mar77a
February 21, 2005, 1:41 pm
The only good auto, is Steyr AUG, cause it's rate of fire is very fast, and the reload two. Also bullets go very straight. Ak is slower, and reloading takes longer, and it's very difficult to aim. HK maybe is good, reload is a bit faster, but the bullets fall is huge. IMO AUG is the only one for short/long/huge ranges. Try using it on ctf_Run, i always get the flaggers that are escaping top with AUG....kekeke... :)