( search forums )
Chain and Knife!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
KingerFisher
December 4, 2004, 10:33 pm
Hello again.. I have made a new movie and decided to put in on the net :) im experiencing little problems with my main host so i have to use 1asphost again... :(

Anyhow, this movie has been inspired by Chainsaw movie, Chainsaw -Editors ut and ILIKEKNIFE videos :)

-quality is ok but my com decided to blur it some so it aint the best what u can get with FRAPS...
-100% chainsawing and knifing (well if u dont count 1 punch in the face kill... try to find it ;)
-made in 2hours if u dont count recording in

now rehosted by FliesLikeABrick :)

::EDIT::

new link if anyone still wants to see this :P http://u13.net/go.php?id=18

Skate4Razors
December 5, 2004, 3:21 am
I'm downloading it now, I'll give a comment in a sec. :) I hope it's good!

[Edit] It leads me to this link. http://www.1asphost.com/message.html It says you maxed out on yout quota, or whatever... :(

Yukwunhang
December 5, 2004, 8:52 am
find another host :)

KingerFisher
December 5, 2004, 10:19 am
damn damn damn!! I HATE U 1ASPHOST!!!! i have tryed to contact couple ppl who could host for me but none has responsed.... anyone know an host other than 1asphost or 100webspace??? :( damn that my own host server is down due the lack of money.... :'(

Skate4Razors
December 5, 2004, 2:16 pm
Try FliesLikeABrick, or Selfkill. Just add Flies to MSN, FliesLikeABrick@hotmail.com, or ask someone on Selfkill. I hope I could help, kinda.

Kazuki
December 5, 2004, 5:09 pm
Yes, you could ask FliesLikeABrick to host it for you on Ultimate13. His AIM is FliesLikeABrick and his MSN is FliesLikeABrick@hotmail.com. :P As S4R said, you could also ask one of the selfkill staff. If you have an IRC chat client (like mIRC), try idling in #selfkill @ Quakenet and asking one of the guys with skc| in front of their name. :) Also try asking Grand Diablo. He's one of the Selfkill staff.

KingerFisher
December 5, 2004, 5:44 pm
okay, its now reHosted at http://rpi2.u13.net/Chain_and_knife!.wmv big thanks to FliesLikeABrick :)

KeFear
December 6, 2004, 1:02 am
Well.. sorry for writing this, but i don1t see anything special about it.. a few luck-throws, but many bad aimings, and lots of time no action, just "geting the flag from a man with chainsaw", there is not much to do with that.. sorry again - maybe i'm in a bad mood.

FliesLikeABrick
December 6, 2004, 1:07 am
yeah, although I host it, I have to agree with KeFear

Skate4Razors
December 6, 2004, 2:08 am
Well, I'd say It wasn't very good also. You'd use a chainsaw, but everyone else used a saw in the server. So there was no real challenge. I mean, in Kazuki's movies, he uses a saw, but against people that were using autos, or barretts. Same goes for the knife. And, with the knife, you missed a lot of times. I also didn't like the music, but that's just my opinion. I'd say 3/10... Sorry, just my opinion, and only my opinion.

Yukwunhang
December 6, 2004, 4:49 pm
i agree to skate4razors and Kefear..
and you should record a demo first..so you can control the camera better...
Well, 4/10

kimbokastekniv
December 6, 2004, 5:51 pm
my computer does not use .wmv files :'(

Kazuki
December 6, 2004, 9:46 pm
After watching it, I'm sad to say that I didn't like it very much. =\ I'm glad to inspire yet another movie maker, but I think you need some tips:

Make sure that your movie is short and sweet. It's not very pleasant watching a 7-minute movie that has no storyline.
The audience wants constant action. Get rid of all the parts where you miss and nothing happens, or where you grab the flag, but then nothing happens. If you're going to have long chainsaw fights, make sure that they're interesting. Watching two people laying on the ground and jetting towards each other for 20 seconds isn't something that gets my attention. What was with those parts where you missed anyway?
Unless it's necessary to record while playing in-game, record demos first. Play the demos and record from there. It's hard on the eyes to follow the camera when you're playing. =\
Try to use fast-beat music, in which the beats are obvious, and would go with the footage.
If possible, include something extra to make your video unique. Funny chat logs or background "Soldat Moments" would be two examples.

I'm done. :D I think you have potential. You should try to make another movie and correct the mistakes you made during this one.

Deleted User
December 7, 2004, 12:10 am
Well I liked the Intro, because i was mentioned for making the video ILIKEKNIFE.. but thats about it... It was a good effort but the clips are way to long. Besides that it seemed that you just lack skill. No offense to you in any way, but its no fun to watch someone your better than try to kill people with knife and chainsaw. It was a good effort overall and i do encourage you to keep making them. However, before you post your next one, i would get feedback from you friends and what not because I am sure they would be more than happy to give you ideas and critisism. 2/10.

KingerFisher
December 7, 2004, 4:30 am
Okay, thanks to all for the comments about this.. For Kazuki thanks for the tips ill try harder :) and to everyone else for the tips too :)
i actually have to say that i agree with u ppl about my movie.. i just watched it and.. i think i wont be doing another before i have improved... alot.. well, thanks again :)

Kazuki
December 7, 2004, 1:19 pm
:) Cool, I'm glad you're understanding about this. Don't give up. ;D

KingerFisher
December 7, 2004, 2:05 pm
lol never give up, never surrender :D wont be givin up ^^

FliesLikeABrick
December 25, 2004, 12:08 am
I moved this file from my fast webserver back to my slow one now that traffic has slowed down on it. Please update your link. The old one will be active for another day or two at the most
http://u13.net/host/KingerFisher/Chain_and_knife!.wmv

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 8:21 am
KingerFisher, in my opinion, making a movie isn't about how skilled you are a player. Even the best player can make a boring movie :/ its about choosing what to film and include in the movie. When somebody watches a soldat movie, they want to see something that they can't just see by joining a server and actually playing the game.

Look at all the 'good' movies:

Project X
Kazuki's vids
Hitman's vids
Superman 1 and 2

etc. They all have a gimick, something unusual to make them entertaining - Project X has its trickshots, Kaz has things like uber-impressive LAW shots, Hitman had a WW2 theme to one of his, Superman 1 and 2 were bouncing around on grenades. If you want to make a chainsaw and knife movie, you need to be doing something that gives those weapons an extra 'edge' to them.

Thats all I can say at the moment, the movie hasn't even downloaded for me yet :) I hope my tips can help.

Kazuki
March 22, 2005, 1:04 pm
lol, Stalky, this topic is very old. :)

KingerFisher
March 22, 2005, 1:05 pm
I know Stalky, i know. This is an old movie i just updated the link IF someone wanted to see it still. I'm on making a new one which will be 100x better than this one. Personally i think this movie sucks and bad now that i look at it but it was when i was new to making movies. Just wanted to make a movie back then.

::EDIT::
Damn Kazuki, you beated me :Dand yes, this is ooooolllddd.

Deleted User
March 22, 2005, 6:48 pm
Rofl! Noobie moderator o.o'

*remembers not to tell anyone off for raising dead topics in future*