( search forums )
The Great Map, AlienVsPredator CTF
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
NuZZ
December 5, 2004, 3:48 am
Alien Versus Predator
Hi, this is a truly great, and big map. It is based off of the Alien Versus Predator movie, consisting of 2 oil rigs and a middle temple.
[IMAGE]
You can only see the left end and temple, the map is so huge I would haveto put 4 screenshots together.
I created some scenerys for it also, and a friend helped map and made the predator statue.
Its one of the very few BIG maps, so you better like it. Download
Hope you like yet another NuZZ maps >_<

Vijchtidoodah
December 5, 2004, 3:52 am
I'm sure you spent a lot of time on this, and I appreciate that, but I have to be honest. This map will never be playable.

First, there's the fact that there is hardly any scenery anywhere on the map. That alone makes it completely drab but if we overlook that we can clearly see that there are only two different colors used for the polygons. Again, this monotony makes the map boring.

As for the layout, it's just too big. It takes so long to get across the map that if I got killed even halfway I wouldn't want to respawn just to have to traverse that great distance all over again.

Plus, it's so huge that there would need to be so many players to fill it up that it would be too laggy.

And if anyone actually got a server to run this game, players would be quickly upset at the large spaces that are havens for snipers. Most notably are the entrances to the bases (which, any good mapmaker knows, there should always be more than one) in which a single sniper can fire three bullets down in the time it takes to climb up. That's a problem on it's own, but add in the fact that, because of the angle of the entrances, each bullet will travel the entire length of the entrance and players will have nowhere to hide.

I'm sorry to be so critical, but those things really stuck out when I played. Other than those major downfalls, it's a pretty decent map. If it were smaller and better layed out, It could be the most awesome map ever.

peemonkey
December 5, 2004, 4:19 am
i like it, even though the movie was 103% [IMAGE].

NuZZ
December 5, 2004, 4:45 am
Errr, This map wasnt made for the laggy people or the fast game people.
Its for people who wanto play a big map and have lots of ways to play. Theres alot of places to hide, but that doesnt mean you will get snipered alot, I played with a few people, it was fun.

peemonkey
December 5, 2004, 4:49 am
dude, get a server up :P

Vijchtidoodah
December 5, 2004, 5:06 am
Okay, I was just inferring from the results that came from other maps like this...er...there aren't many other maps like this so it was just parts of other maps...

Either way, I would love to try it out.

Michal
December 5, 2004, 5:22 am
Wow you must have spent a lot of time on this :9 10/10 for effort and excellence. Fewer poly bugs than many smaller maps, good job. It is possible to M79 jump over both hills, I don't know if you did that on purpose, but it might favor M79ers a little ;)

Cookie.
December 5, 2004, 6:08 am
rather large at 2 minutes a cap O_O lol
those ice blocks are a good fun to launch yourself takes like 5 secs to get up ^__^ good times good map 9/10 because 2 minutes a cap :O

Hercule Poirot
December 5, 2004, 12:15 pm
looking nice and i liked movie :)

Skate4Razors
December 5, 2004, 2:14 pm
It looks nice, but I never saw the movie, so I suck donkey poop... I'm gunna try it out anyways! :D

enjoyincubus
December 6, 2004, 2:00 am
Hah, saw "The Great Map". Knew at once that Nuzz was back.

Good (albeit large) map. Terrible movie. Absolute rubbish.

peemonkey
December 6, 2004, 2:19 am
indeed. you should map, EI. we need your touch agin

Marine
December 6, 2004, 5:47 am
I SO need to see that movie.

It looks really nice. It's Fing HUGE though, and yea it might take a while to traverse it, but hey, sometimes I'm in the mood for bigass maps.

One of those maps that may turn into a Barretfast, though. I can just imagine 4 people with Barrett camping at the bottom of that tunnel, taking turns firing up......eeek.

NuZZ
December 6, 2004, 8:10 am
Lol, heh so who here has seen Alien and Predator the seperate movies? Becuase I found Alien vs Predator very good because I saw Predator and Alien. Maybe thats why you didnt like the movie ;o
Lol yep Im allways back, I never left.

peemonkey
December 6, 2004, 6:19 pm
AVP sucked cack. pred's didnt do ANYTHING but die. 2 died from the same alien. and those things are suppoesed to die very easily. it was a [IMAGE] movie.

Sam
December 6, 2004, 7:39 pm
It was an awesome movie, and ive only seen predator beforehand. This looks like a good map but i havent played it, so i dont know for certain.

Marine
December 7, 2004, 5:08 am
You should have seen the Alien movies...truly one of the greatest sci-fi/horror movies of all time. Alien rocks Predator's ass, period.

NuZZ
December 7, 2004, 5:54 am
Predators kick aliens asses cus predators created the aliens tisk tisk tisk

Droopy
December 7, 2004, 12:33 pm
The movie wasnt that bad. Too much action, too less horror and no blood at all. Thats it. Also there were some stupid mistakes (they better be mistakes) like, facehugers evolve to fast(10 minutes?). but other than that and the fact that the preds die too quickly(2/3 die in 1 scene, wtf) it's a good movie.

About the map. It's nice, a bit big but thats the plan right? Not much scenery in there. I like the tunnel(weeeeeeeeeeeee!).
Good work! 6.5/10

paramud
December 8, 2004, 3:07 am
um, droop, 2/3 didnt die in one scene. didnt you watch the ending? the predators uncloacked after Scar died, revealing a ship full of 'em. so it was more like 1/500 of them died in one scene.

The Geologist
December 8, 2004, 3:37 am
Thanks for spoiling the movie for me. Now you can go back to getting the hell out of here. ^_^

On Topic: Huuuuuuge...and a little empty. But otherwise good job. :)

liquidis x snake
December 8, 2004, 3:47 am
It's pretty good. A bit too big for it's own well-being, but good job none the less.

Droopy
December 10, 2004, 8:39 pm
paramud: Yes but do the cloaked guys fight? No. In my opinion they screwed the movie a bit.

Ontopic: PORK

Messiah
December 10, 2004, 8:54 pm
Nice job :D

Rambo_6
December 10, 2004, 11:13 pm
Good map, but that tunnel is pretty hard to get thru with no alternate routes. :p

7/10

Liquid Metal
December 21, 2004, 1:28 am
Is the map waypointed?

Sprocket
December 21, 2004, 9:04 am
great map, nuzz!

9\10