( search forums )
The Search Function is a Dolt?
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Vijchtidoodah
December 5, 2004, 6:20 am
So I'm using the forum search function looking for a post that was written quite a while ago when it begins to malfunction. First it loads a blank, blue page (rendered in 47.23 seconds). Then it loads the search function page again (12.54 seconds). And finally, it properly works, but not for the words that I was searching for (31.69 seconds).

I tried one last time praying with the almighty god of computers to let it work. Lo and behold, it loads the most magnificent thing I have ever seen: a big, stinky, blank page. But the gods were merciful as they gave me something to laugh at.

This is why the search function behaves like a brain damaged primate in estrus:
[IMAGE]

It appears that the search function mode is set not on genius or braniac as we would come to expect, but instead to dolt. For those of you who don't know, dolt is a noun synonymous to idiot.

So, I quickly changed it to read

http://speedball.soldatforums.com/search.asp?mode=Genius

And, I'm not in any way joking or making this up, it actually worked. It gave me a complete list of every post or topic with my keywords in them, rendered in 23.38 seconds.

peemonkey
December 5, 2004, 6:32 am
lolwtf?

Marine
December 5, 2004, 8:04 am
Its a slow son of a bitch. But get Firefox. Helps a lot.

Yukwunhang
December 5, 2004, 8:34 am
lol.....nothing to say

Element_101
December 5, 2004, 9:06 am
Ok Not To Be Harsh Or Anything But Your Really Making This To Be More Than What It Is.

Teh Panda
December 5, 2004, 11:46 am
You make the little Panda confused... *runs away*

b00stA
December 5, 2004, 11:48 am
1. Wrong forum
2. It's "DoIt" as in "do something", dolt
3. Be more specific when searching

(moved to Forum help)

BManx2000
December 5, 2004, 3:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by Element_101Ok Not To Be Harsh Or Anything But Your Really Making This To Be More Than What It Is.

Ok Not To Be Harsh Or Anything But It's Really Annoying When You Type Like This. Not To Mention That It Makes You Look Like An Idiot.

Alamo
December 5, 2004, 4:38 pm
Hum.. The search works fine for me... (firefox 1.0)

Vijchtidoodah
December 5, 2004, 6:24 pm
b00sta: I figured out that it was DoIt when I tried to copy and paste the link, but I thought it was just too coincidental that it looked like dolt.