( search forums )
Capture the crew
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
December 5, 2004, 10:44 am
I haven't come up with a good name for it but heres how it works.
Im putting it as simple as possible

Senario:

Bill (Forget about how the names I'm using suck ok?)
Bob
George
Andy
Danny
Marc
Jill
Jane

/\ These people are playing this game mode in a server.

Bill and jane are randomly chosen to be in 2 teams, Bill is Red, Jane is Blue.

The rest of them are neutral and are in the same team, what Bill and Jane must do is to kill as many of the neutral team as possible and stop each other from killing them as well. The neutral may/may not be able to fight back depending on what works best. (Think about that)

Bob kills:

Bob
George
Andy
Danny

Jane kills:

Marc
Jill

Now the people who they have killed become in there team. And then its like TDM but when you kill someone from the opposite team they become on yours, the last team standing wins, or whoever has the most people in there team at the end of the timelimit wins.

AerialAssault
December 5, 2004, 3:23 pm
wtf? :0

Jaz
December 5, 2004, 4:20 pm
Easier way to explain is:

2 teams of say 5.

When you kill someone, they move to your team so it is then 6v4. The goal is to be on the team that wins.....wait. Nobody really wins in the end because everyone is in the same team. Hmm wouldn't work well. No.

Deleted User
December 5, 2004, 4:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by JazEasier way to explain is:

2 teams of say 5.

When you kill someone, they move to your team so it is then 6v4. The goal is to be on the team that wins.....wait. Nobody really wins in the end because everyone is in the same team. Hmm wouldn't work well. No.

That basically it but at the start there is only one person on each team to start it.

I just realised that actually, so, whenever you kill someone you get a point.

Well it was just a suggestion

DT
December 5, 2004, 6:53 pm
you kill netural they come on your team... i like it

IDF-RIPsta
December 5, 2004, 7:45 pm
The idea is nice and all, but there is no logic behind this game-mode, I'm sorry.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

For people who like reading, below is my explanation:
-----------------------------------------------------
Why should I kill the opposite team and add frag points to the team I am on, if I will just change sides when I die?

My team now has 29 points and the game ends at 30. I'm in really close against Jill, but as I tried to grab the health-pack, Jill hits me right between the eyes. Now I'm dead, and on Jill's losing team! There goes my game!

This is only one flaw in this game mode, another being the fact that I lack an incentive to fight the other team if the team with most players in it wins. I'll just let them kill me and join their winning side.

Teh Panda
December 5, 2004, 7:52 pm
You make the little Panda confused. *runs away*

papasurf31
December 5, 2004, 10:10 pm
*tempts panda with a bamboo stick*
*shoots panda between the eyes*
*runs away confused*

Liber_Lupus
December 5, 2004, 10:32 pm
papasurf, please this isnt bash bit...For the idea. I'm still pretty confused. What happens when the teams are set? The one team has 7 players and the other 4 players. So bill got 6 players and ja...jill
got 3 players. Then what? The team that got more players wins?

DT
December 5, 2004, 11:05 pm
2 teams have a captain and when the captain kills someone they go on thier team. simple enough whats thier not to understand...

Marine
December 6, 2004, 2:51 am
quote:Originally posted by WassowI haven't come up with a good name for it but heres how it works.
Im putting it as simple as possible

Senario:

Bill (Forget about how the names I'm using suck ok?)
Bob
George
Andy
Danny
Marc
Jill
Jane

/\ These people are playing this game mode in a server.

Bill and jane are randomly chosen to be in 2 teams, Bill is Red, Jane is Blue.

The rest of them are neutral and are in the same team, what Bill and Jane must do is to kill as many of the neutral team as possible and stop each other from killing them as well. The neutral may/may not be able to fight back depending on what works best. (Think about that)

Bob kills:

Bob
George
Andy
Danny

Jane kills:

Marc
Jill

Now the people who they have killed become in there team. And then its like TDM but when you kill someone from the opposite team they become on yours, the last team standing wins, or whoever has the most people in there team at the end of the timelimit wins.

Ok, heres what I'm getting:

Bill and Janeare on two different teams, Bob, George, Andy, Danny, Marc,Jill are neutral.

If Bill kills Bob, Bob is on red now. It is now 2v1v(neutral)

But lets say Bob kills Bill. Bob is now on red, and Bill is now neutral.

Neutral players can kill eachother, but don't change teams. As soon as you kill someone, they are on your team. But if they get killed they get sent to other team...?

Interesting idea....but too complicated :(

paramud
December 6, 2004, 5:22 am
quote:Originally posted by Wassow
Bob kills:

Bob
George
Andy
Danny

why did bob kill himself?

m00`
December 6, 2004, 5:26 am
Because he saw your face :Q

Marine
December 6, 2004, 5:32 am
lol...now I'm really confused :\

Will
December 6, 2004, 8:59 am
lets see.... no, because i dont understand a word of what you are saying. lol

lock eeet

DT
December 6, 2004, 4:00 pm
Marine... you just confused everyone...

quote:Ok, heres what I'm getting:

Bill and Janeare on two different teams, Bob, George, Andy, Danny, Marc,Jill are neutral.

If Bill kills Bob, Bob is on red now. It is now 2v1v(neutral)

Then after that you confused

if Jane kills bob then bobs on blue
if Bill kills George and then bob kills george george goes to blue

all about the captain...
Captain Dies other team gets a point! so just hope your captain doesn't suck ass

Marine
December 7, 2004, 5:05 am
Gaaah! Just lock this mother!

Deleted User
December 7, 2004, 8:00 am
Holy [IMAGE] people how hard is it to understand!?

when you kill someone there on there team and they get a point for it, when there is 1 team left the one with the most points wins.

Unlucky 13
December 8, 2004, 7:53 am
Nice idea, but too slow, and it'll be too complex for the newbs and stuff

DT
December 8, 2004, 3:53 pm
Wassow... i think you need to slow down and explane slowly for the young ones
cuz i'm not going to

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 7:00 pm
sort of like capture the flag except the flag are people, and instead of capturing them you have to kill them, BUT the part about when it becomes 14v1 would piss me off ALOT, infact if i was server, lol, i'd kick all the ass holes off the other team muhuhahahahhaha, but the team captian should be given like %30 more health and %10 more ammo. and for a starting weapon the neutrals should have the socom, not a bad gun if i say so myself and if you kill yourself, team captain or not, you go to the other team but you lose your captian perks, and another person is elected as team captian. plus there should be weapon limits like you can only have 1 barreter, and 3 minimys and 2 rugers, ect. it would be mad fun, except when you get killed by a nuetral :/

Subslider
December 9, 2004, 7:21 pm
well.. basicly.. i wanna play.. so picture this..

im nuetral..

i walk to the blue guy.. and he just kills me so i can play along.. plorry happen to the rest of the team.

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 8:29 pm
yeh in know, the team with the most or most skilled players wins. good idea, should be able to have them as hostages, so when they do die they just lay on the ground like bodies but you have to walk over them