( search forums )
ctf_zesfall
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Madsniper
December 5, 2004, 9:54 pm
Its like climb, but your falling and you gotta dodge things. Pretty fun, if you host it, host it without guns... guns are for noobs. ;)

[IMAGE]

www.lindaweber.com/Outsidethings/ctf_zesfall.zip

Vijchtidoodah
December 5, 2004, 10:03 pm
You should post an overview.

Cookie.
December 5, 2004, 10:20 pm
too easy...

Skate4Razors
December 5, 2004, 10:35 pm
Looks cool, I'll try it out. :D

peemonkey
December 5, 2004, 11:21 pm
too any of such maps..far too many. lotsa oobs making them, bitching about it being the thing to do, cuz we tell them to change it back. blerg

Rambo_6
December 6, 2004, 12:46 am
The whole climb map thing is a dead idea. Please make soem other maps.

Aquarius
December 6, 2004, 1:01 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6The whole climb map thing is a dead idea. Please make soem other maps.

Who the f.ck you are to say what maps he should/shouldn't do?
And for me the whole climb map thing is not a dead idea. What now?

Rambo_6
December 6, 2004, 1:37 am
Well, the first triforce climb map was pretty much the only decent one. All the others i've seen are poorly done, with little shading, barely any scenery, and pretty lame altogether. Peemonkey pretty much summarized it. Maybe if some other ones that are as painstakingly made as triforce are released, i'll d/l them.

till then, please try to be original and make something worth the look.

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 6, 2004, 7:38 am
I concur, these maps, although amusing, are a pain to look at. Please, climb maps can have good shading too

m00`
December 6, 2004, 7:42 am
this isnt a climb maps u gotta dodge things when u fall ;p read what he said...

Deleted User
December 6, 2004, 9:11 am
quote:Originally posted by Aquariusquote:Originally posted by Rambo_6The whole climb map thing is a dead idea. Please make soem other maps.

dito.
who are you to say that :P and what about stickyclimb? has nice shading too. (although its not that much fun xD :P)

but whenever i request servers i see people playing some kz map or something so it cant be dead. i am atm doing a big mappack for selfkill.com, i hope they'll put it on the official news, i asked one of the sk crew already and he said 'probably' ;)

and if u are complaining only about the looks than have a look at this, my new project, its still edgy but shaded :P

[URL]

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 6, 2004, 7:19 pm
zeeky boogy do BD, zeeky boogy do

Deleted User
December 6, 2004, 7:55 pm
fooby, the kamikaze water melon ;D

zeeky boogy dooog

*KAWOOM*

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 7, 2004, 11:29 pm
haha finally someone else who actually sat there for 30 minutes and watched that flash....

Rambo_6
December 8, 2004, 2:20 am
quote:Originally posted by -BD- Avaraxquote:Originally posted by Aquariusquote:Originally posted by Rambo_6The whole climb map thing is a dead idea. Please make some other maps.

diTto.
who are you to say that :P and what about stickyclimb? has nice shading too. (although its not that much fun xD :P)

and if u are complaining only about the looks than have a look at this, my new project, its still edgy but shaded :P

[URL]

I have my own opinion, and i wasn't saying he shouldn't make these maps. I merely said the idea is lame and that i'd PREFER if he made something of quality, not some quickly churned out fall map. Perhaps the idea may not be dead, but it's surely not the best idea out there.

Fall or climb, both require the same amount of skill, more or less. (Climb prolly takes more skill than just dodging polys as you drop.)