( search forums )
Old Mod Unearthed!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
Svirin Kerath
December 5, 2004, 11:00 pm
i was digging through some old files to try and find Winamp, and lo and behold, i found my old Trianna mod, a mod i was convinced had been lost long ago. it's unfinished, of course, but i switched the files around and tried it.

if my mouse was working better, methinks i'd have gleaned more fun, but it was still interesting. the mod is based off a story i'm doing, a story where most weapons are lasers. big whoop, right? well, to keep the stealth factor, the laser weapons aren't made with tracers. in other words, they're invisible.

so, in the mod, when you use a laser weapon, there's no visible "bullet". this makes aiming very difficult (laser sight highly recommended). also, the only sound is the audible cooling of the barrel. 's quite fun. there are two machineguns (old, from before lasers were widely used) and pistols (also from the same time). but there's laser machineguns, which use a spinning gear to connect the current to the gas chamber, and a laser rifle, of course. the laser sniper rifle is most fun. laser chaingun is even more fun. and of course, the designs are, i think, not bad. i just need to apply lighting to stuff and tune the gosteks, and reconstruct the sparks file. i also wanna impliment new SFX that i found while perusing the net.

i'll put a beta up come christmas, no matter what stage i'm at. i remind you that my mouse is crapping up again, so improvement prolly won't be implimented soon, or quickly.

peemonkey
December 5, 2004, 11:23 pm
pics?

Svirin Kerath
December 11, 2004, 5:21 pm
o.O

why did it not... ah well.

i can't upload anything till christmas. sorry.

numgun
December 27, 2005, 9:06 pm
u still have it kerath? me wants :D