( search forums )
ctf_UndergroundJungle
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Spam
December 6, 2004, 5:32 am
A fun map for plenty of people.

[IMAGE]

*EDIT* New Link
http://www.soldatworld.com/fileupload/index.php?act=view&file=Y3RmX1VuZGVyZ3JvdW5kSnVuZ2xlLnppcA==

Please enjoy, and post up if you try it out.

Warning: No bot support, humans only.

Hercule Poirot
December 6, 2004, 9:24 am
hmmm add shading make it little more darker (or dl mapmakerplus and make it with shade tool black/jungle greenish brownish)

Skate4Razors
December 6, 2004, 11:25 am
That's looks really nice, go with Hercule about the shading. If you do the shading, it'll be a great map. Mabye change some of the scenery also. Have it blend in with the map.

Spam
December 6, 2004, 4:05 pm
Fair enough guys. However, after playing around with the shading I think I'll leave it for the next map. The geometry is not built in a way that allows clean shading, and I'm not about to rebuild it all. Good points though, and thanks for looking.

The Geologist
December 6, 2004, 6:33 pm
Looks sexxah...and do I see ya built some 3-d stuff with the columns? Quite nice. Shading would be good, but that's been mentioned ;). Good job, I'm impressed.

Droopy
December 6, 2004, 9:07 pm
/me agrees with TG

Michal
December 6, 2004, 9:42 pm
quote:Directly downloading images is not permitted on the Netfirms FREE plan. If you are the owner of this site, either ensure that this image is embedded in a web page, or upgrade to one of the Netfirms premium plans.

Can't DL for some reason, looks pretty good though...

Vijchtidoodah
December 6, 2004, 10:42 pm
ERROR!

Directly downloading images is not permitted on the Netfirms FREE plan. If you are the owner of this site, either ensure that this image is embedded in a web page, or upgrade to one of the Netfirms premium plans.

Umm...that might be a problem...

grand_diablo
December 6, 2004, 10:49 pm
where exactly are the flags placed?

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 7, 2004, 12:06 am
it looks nice except for shading and it seems a lil plain

Spam
December 7, 2004, 4:24 am
Sorry guys. Guess I never tested the link. I'll try to find a new host. Anyone have any suggestions?

Spam
December 7, 2004, 4:33 am
OK, hope this new link works.

http://www.soldatworld.com/fileupload/index.php?act=view&file=Y3RmX1VuZGVyZ3JvdW5kSnVuZ2xlLnppcA==

Oh, to address the question about flags. They are placed where you see the camo' netting, at the back of each base. A quick flag capture is possible, but the fast path should be defendable several ways.

Vijchtidoodah
December 7, 2004, 4:42 am
It's a nice map. I don't quite understand why there are crates hanging from the cieling or from supports, but overall it looks good.

GluLm
December 10, 2004, 5:36 pm
I quickly messed up with colour shadings and ended up making waypoints that work more or less (actually, less). It's not a great map though, but there was hope. :/
[IMAGE]
Download.

Skate4Razors
December 10, 2004, 6:54 pm
Shading is AWESOME! Definatl downloading again, lol. GOOD FREEGIN JOB! :D

Messiah
December 10, 2004, 8:51 pm
Hmm Not bad, [Holds up thumb]

Rambo_6
December 10, 2004, 11:11 pm
Nawt bad. A little sharp at some corners, but who cares. :p

AWH_ReApEr
December 11, 2004, 12:39 am
What's this "mapmakerplus" you speak of? I searched the forums and got an internal server error...

Vijchtidoodah
December 11, 2004, 1:01 am
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=18668&whichpage=1

There you go, it's up to beta 5.

Don't download the one that says "Mapmakerplus english.zip", I don't think that's new. Instead, go onto the site and go to mapmaker, then click on the top download button. Alternatively, just go to the last post or so.

AWH_ReApEr
December 11, 2004, 3:04 am
Thank you. ^.^