( search forums )
Numbers of Posts
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Vijchtidoodah
December 7, 2004, 2:31 am
Why does everyone care about how many posts they have? People keep yelling at eachother for spamming and post-hunting, and as punishment for bad deeds they are fined posts. So...what's the big deal?

FliesLikeABrick
December 7, 2004, 2:32 am
because they want to feel superior to people.

Duke33
December 7, 2004, 2:49 am
Posts don't matter. Keep in mind, though, that the people who do really want posts are generally those who spam and post-hunt. And they deserve some yelling. More annoying are those who think that large post count = wisedom and intelligence. This is not the case.

Vijchtidoodah
December 7, 2004, 2:51 am
Hehe, so basically what you're saying is that they like compensate for something else...

N1nj@
December 7, 2004, 3:06 am
Duke33: I take that as an indirect insult ?

n00bface
December 7, 2004, 3:20 am
I think the indirect insult was towards peemonkey.

m00`
December 7, 2004, 4:05 am
I dont like my posts =[ I wish i could get the title "Muppet" and have a never increasing post count :D

Chakra
December 7, 2004, 4:09 am
everytime my post count goes up another hundred, my woman is a little happier to see me.

Skate4Razors
December 7, 2004, 4:16 am
I don't really care if my post count increses, I'm just bored and have nothing better to do... :/ It is anoying sometimes when people spam a lot and the mods have to delete their posts, not saying I spam, I love spamming!

peemonkey
December 7, 2004, 4:34 am
i think it was too :(

Marine
December 7, 2004, 5:15 am
www.flecko.net

Look who has the highest post count. Guess who it is.

Anyway, the only reason on this forum (that I can grasp) why people would post farm, is because of the rank. For some reason they think the ranking makes them superior to others.

LazehBoi
December 7, 2004, 5:46 am
I don't think it does, but I don't like it when people with like a post count of less than 5 go around acting like they've been here for a long time.

edit: Shouldn't this be in the lounge? :o

Element_101
December 7, 2004, 11:34 am
Despite What Anyone Says We All Care About Our Post Counts Because As Like Flies Like A Brick Said It Makes Us Feel Superior, Just One Of The Many Stpuid Human Desires...

Aquarius
December 7, 2004, 11:50 am
I doubt anyone with posts > 1000 care about his post count.

Melba
December 7, 2004, 2:41 pm
i'd say it is the other way around, but it depends on the person.

DT
December 7, 2004, 3:17 pm
becuse i was fined 350 pots and want them BACK
and i want green stars...

mipit
December 7, 2004, 6:41 pm
I dont care about post count since i dont earn anything from having high post count i can have 5 posts and be a mod and people will treat me with the same respect as if i have 5000+ posts ity dosent matter.

peemonkey
December 7, 2004, 7:20 pm
well, not you...

?
December 7, 2004, 8:54 pm
The more posts you get the less gay you are... everyone knows this.

ynnePmoT
December 7, 2004, 9:59 pm
Duke33 I remember that avatar :D
Only avatar i remember (+ nickname) since i was banned.
nice to see you post :D
& about the topic:
we're just bored, just like you.

peemonkey
December 7, 2004, 11:07 pm
gram, if that's true, you are SSSOOOOO much more gay than me, and ive been called a little 'iffy'

?
December 7, 2004, 11:10 pm
I have been called iffy also.. but I am as straight as they come.. i guess 500 is the line where you cross that your straight no matter what ;D

kkazican
December 8, 2004, 12:00 am
Wow I'm see u13 signatures everywhere nowadays.

Anyway my theory is the more posts you have the sadder you are as a human being.
EG:
1-200: You have some time on your hands
201-500: You sure like this game and it's community
501-800: You play this game as a hardcore gamer
801-1100:You play this game so much it is more like an addiction
1101+: Stop right now look at your 1 room apartment with no furniture that has been sold to pay for your internet bill and reassess your life and whether it can be salvaged.

Captain RibMan
December 8, 2004, 12:03 am
i like this game and its community, although my post count hasnt moved much for a while

AerialAssault
December 8, 2004, 12:18 am
Post count can be used to determine how long a member has been around. it might not make them more intelligent, but at least it is symbolic of their experience with this forum and its members.

N1nj@
December 8, 2004, 1:00 am
quote:1101+: Stop right now look at your 1 room apartment with no furniture that has been sold to pay for your internet bill and reassess your life and whether it can be salvaged.i can tell you that's wrong right now.

Vijchtidoodah
December 8, 2004, 1:01 am
Because you live with your parents? :D

Michal
December 8, 2004, 1:23 am
I don't think post count can really show experience... I've been around these forums for a few months short of a year, and I've seen people start out who have more posts than me now XD

N1nj@
December 8, 2004, 1:39 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahBecause you live with your parents? :D
Ya i live with my parents, but i look after myself most of the time, i have my own room and they don't give a [IMAGE] about me anyway. so I do have decent furniture in my room, and I also pay for the internet myself.

Marine
December 8, 2004, 3:51 am
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoiI don't think it does, but I don't like it when people with like a post count of less than 5 go around acting like they've been here for a long time.

Maybe those people have been here longer than you think, but maybe....they spend more time playing instead of posting.

Personally I don't like it when people with a post count over 1000 go around acting like they're on top of the world. Sure, sometimes I act like it on Flecko, I know how it feels to be a Vet member, but really..

liquidis x snake
December 8, 2004, 3:55 am
The more posts the bigger the penis.

AerialAssault
December 8, 2004, 4:06 am
exactly.