( search forums )
Repeated Disconnect/Rejoin
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Nin10doman
December 7, 2004, 9:01 pm
Ever since I've gotten the new version, there has been this strange bug that has happened to me three times (I believe). What happens is I will be playing as normal, and then suddenly disconnect and rejoin, and then immediately "spawn" in the same spot I was just in. Then, after it happens a couple of times, I will disconnect, but still see the game, and can't spawn or doing anything but access the "Escape" menu. This usually happens soon after a map change.

I usually just exit the server and rejoin, and the game plays as normal for the rest of the session on that server (well, it hasn't happened twice in a row yet).

I have a cable connection, and I'm pretty sure it was on multiple servers.

What's going on here? Any solutions to fix this little annoyance?

My apologies if this has been reported before, but I did not find a similar problem here.

peemonkey
December 7, 2004, 11:06 pm
prolly something having to do with the custom maps thing. as you describe it, it's not that big of a bugger, so it seems like somthing that can be lived with

Xanthophobia
December 7, 2004, 11:51 pm
not sure why it happens, but it happened to me occasionally in 1.2 as well. I also saw it happen quite often to other people, for no apparant reason. Sorry I don't have any other solutions than the one you use, as I do exactly the same thing.