( search forums )
Mp3-player...
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Teh Panda
December 8, 2004, 3:00 pm
So.. im looking for pretty cheap Mp3-player and i got confused now...
Sony NW-E55 player is weird... It has only 128mb memory and that can hold 5 cd's... I dont kinda believe that even if it's some Atrac3 technology or whatever...
Anyone have that player? Im interested to hear ur comments about that. And what do you think about Creative MuVo Slim?

Im interested to hear comments from other players as well.

Tha Doggfather
December 8, 2004, 3:49 pm
ive had a 128 MB player (packack bell audio key), which lasted about 6 months.

5 CDs on a 128 MB player... yeah right.

first off, every player thats 128 MB, is only about 120 MB or something, its because 1 MB = 1024 kb, and they take 1 MB as 1000 kb.

if you have mp3s of avarage quality (128 kbs), you could store about 30-35 songs on a 128 MB player...
i dont know much about this ATRAC3 format, but i reckon its a losless audio format? i dont think it could compress audio to a file much smaller than an mp3. And you would have to convert all mp3s you have to atrac3 format...

i bought a Rio Carbon, its a 5 GB mini harddisk player. ive had it for 2 months and i love it. i payed 240 euro for it.

Teh Panda
December 8, 2004, 4:08 pm
I would like to know how atrac3 sounds... I dont believe that thing before i hear...

Drama
December 8, 2004, 5:02 pm
i hav about 49 songs on my 128mb mp3 playa, 80 kbps

Alamo
December 8, 2004, 5:08 pm
I have an iPod (15GB)... I'm in deep love with it although I payed 349?. I have 3000 files on it, most of them being 128-256 kbps. Some of them are 320kbps. It has great sound and the battery is replacable (not officially though) too now.

b00stA
December 8, 2004, 5:32 pm
I bought my MP3 Player Nov 16 2002, it has 64MB built-in and a SmartMediaCard-slot (64+128MB for me).
it's probably the most simple thing I could get.. it cost 100 euros back then, no shuffle, no directories, no repeat, no display, just play/pause, (skip) forwards/backwards, volume and a hold button.
I love it. :)
MPman F40 is the name and it only needs one 1.5V AA battery.

Anyway, as far as I know, you get what you pay for. Make sure to know what you need it to do and how much you want to pay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATRAC
Atrac seems like just another attempt by Sony to introduce its own standard.. looks like they failed.

Teh Panda
December 8, 2004, 5:47 pm
TY b00sta. :) That's just what i thonk(???), low quality.

peemonkey
December 8, 2004, 6:59 pm
i found an Mp3 player on the street, but when i picked it up, i found out the back was missing and there was gum in it. other than that ive never touched a fuggin mp3 player :'( being poor sucks sometimesssss

Cookie.
December 8, 2004, 8:44 pm
I bought an ipod :) i love it all the songs i ever need equalizers shuffle games? lol on the go play lists and more its just awesome..

Michal
December 8, 2004, 9:20 pm
For $200 I got my MP3 player along with rechargable NIMH batteries, the charger, and USB cable, at Best Buy. It's a WaveX(Korean made I think) TS-300 128meg, it has an FM tuner, sound recorder, LED lit LCD display, it comes with earbud headphones, and has a damn long battery life. About 2 weeks with my average use, 1 AAA battery. I got it Dec.26 2003, nearly a year ago and it works fine. I give it 9.5 out of ten only because it's not AC adaptable like my old CD player, and because the buttons are a little hard to operate. Here's a link for more info and pics if you are interested: [URL]

Tha Doggfather
December 8, 2004, 9:47 pm
http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/shop/_templates/item_accessories.asp?model=267

link to my player.

consider buying a player with more capacity. i thought i had enough with 128 MB too...
its better to spend just a little more money on a decent player.

Teh Panda
December 8, 2004, 9:52 pm
I'll think 256 is enough in good player...

FliesLikeABrick
December 8, 2004, 9:52 pm
my brother had a 256 MB something or other from iRiver which was good.

I used to have a Rio but I had it for 2 years and it kept breaking. after a while they were being [IMAGE] kept going wrong). I ended up getting it fixed one more time, then putting it on ebay before it could break again. I took that money and put it towards and iPod.

Captain RibMan
December 8, 2004, 10:04 pm
i have a sony mini disc which is pretty good although i want an iPod. at the moment i use my phone to play mp3's and it has a 128 card in it and i can hold about 25 songs or so in it