( search forums )
Granade and colliders
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
December 8, 2004, 5:10 pm
It pisses me off that granades explode on a create or any colider, It should just stop it from moving and not make it explode. Ive killed myself alot becuase of that, and when I throw one it releases a second one thats impossible to see and I end up killing myself.

Pissoff-o-rama

Teh Panda
December 8, 2004, 5:31 pm
Would take much code... Or where the heck i know?

peemonkey
December 8, 2004, 6:44 pm
it's pointless. if you keep killingyourself with nades, stop using them. it's very easy to not die, and almost as easy is to kill others.

F3nyx
December 9, 2004, 3:05 am
If grenades didn't explode on contact with soldiers they would be almost entirely useless. I would guess that 90% of nade kills are from contact hits.

AerialAssault
December 9, 2004, 4:26 am
i say make nades have a bigger blast radius, make them more powerful. and make it to where you can only throw 1 every 5 seconds. also give everyone 3 nades on startup, and 3 nades max. make nade boxes less common. i think it'd add an extra element of strategy to the game.

Marine
December 9, 2004, 5:08 am
I think nades are fine how it is, maybe a slightly larger blast radius would be nice. And the 1 every 5 seconds is definitely good, so we don't have these crocks throwing 6 nades in 2 seconds at me, really messing us up.

Vijchtidoodah
December 9, 2004, 6:47 am
Not one every five, although it doesn't sound like a long time, try counting to five during the game and see how much happens. The limit would have to be about one every one and a half to two seconds.

NuZZ
December 9, 2004, 11:02 am
Ide say make time to pick the grenade and throw it would be nice, like just make him hold the grenade for a while then throw when possible (could disable use of guns in that time 2 hey :))

Boer
December 9, 2004, 1:43 pm
^yeah, another animtion could be included with one hand in air and other holding gun lowerd, making shoot inaccurate.

Bouncing off collidors is good. but what if soldiers are seenby the game engine as moving(dinamic) collidors?

Alamo
December 9, 2004, 4:33 pm
Don't change it at all. I like to throw 3 grens around a guy to kill him for sure. Exploding on crates rocks. I often use it, to throw a 'carpet' of nades around a collider, throw one in and make the whole bunch explode. It's cool like it is.

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 8:31 pm
every 2.5 seconds, why not use the m79? basically a never-ending grenade pack ADD A MOLOTOV i know it's been suggested before