( search forums )
Mod Guns
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
mipit
December 8, 2004, 9:30 pm
Mabye we can have a option that shows the gun from some one elses mod when your playing that person... so i have orange mod he has blue his gun would be blue mine would be orange. so when i have my halo mod i will have a diffrent rugger than every one and mine would be a covenant carbine.

Melba
December 8, 2004, 9:37 pm
that would be a big part of the weapon editor i think, so lets just wait :)

Vijchtidoodah
December 8, 2004, 9:40 pm
Oooh, that could be cool, but at the same time frustrating because of the plethora of ugly mods out there. It would definitely have to be optional.

Magniitude
December 8, 2004, 9:49 pm
I've always thought this was a good idea, but it may be hard to also tell what weapons people are using, so you don't know how to act until they shoot.

Vijchtidoodah
December 8, 2004, 10:42 pm
^I agree. Not only would you not be able to discern which weapon was which, but you would also have to upload and download the images everytime you enter a server which, in turn, opens up your computer to an attack by even an inexperienced hacker. Then there would be the problem of figuring out how to categorize the mods so that the files don't go into your weapons-gfx folder and screw up whatever mod you may currently be using.

It's complicated, it would cause confusion, and (although it was an interesting idea) would ultimately be a bad addition to Soldat.

Marine
December 8, 2004, 10:49 pm
Yea. That'd look wierd too, if someone has a Star Wars gun shooting laser beams and you have an M4 Carbine firing bullets. I don't really like it.

Wolfwood
December 9, 2004, 3:13 am
If it is implemented make it optional... you know some guy out there is gonna make invisi bullets and get good with em if that was made mandatory.

Marine
December 9, 2004, 5:05 am
Very good point. Some [IMAGE] could make invisible bullets and maybe a super long gun and really mess up the screen.

peemonkey
December 9, 2004, 5:40 am
i dont like it. it'd be funky. there'ed be people with 'invisiguns', so you couldnt tell if they were armed or not. it'd just...no.

Marine
December 9, 2004, 6:01 am
Hah, or people could switch weapons around, like put the M79 as minigun, or mp5 as barret....

mipit
December 9, 2004, 1:18 pm
how much time are you realy going to have to see what gun they have? it would make it funny and stuff like that but hmm mabye the bullets cannot be made invisble. and mabye theres a folder and every diffrent gun has a diffrent number and once you seen it you dont have to download it again.

DT
December 9, 2004, 4:09 pm
my gun would be orange and my bullets green... and make rainbows as thier trail... heh

Alamo
December 9, 2004, 4:45 pm
ugh no... that's not very good.

peemonkey
December 9, 2004, 6:11 pm
hopefully this will NEVER HAPPEN

Vijchtidoodah
December 9, 2004, 6:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by mipithow much time are you realy going to have to see what gun they have? it would make it funny and stuff like that but hmm mabye the bullets cannot be made invisble. and mabye theres a folder and every diffrent gun has a diffrent number and once you seen it you dont have to download it again.

Every time I play I am faced with the problem of having the enemy aiming a law straight at the exit to a tunnel that I'm trying to pass through, if I didn't know what gun they had I would just run into it and die...so being able to identify my enemy's guns is a huge deal and there is definitely enough time to do so.

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 6:52 pm
haven't i already said something like this before in a similair topic? i belive i have i just cbf copying it