( search forums )
Are ferrets good pets to have?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
m00`
December 9, 2004, 6:53 am
Are ferrets a good kind of pet, because im thinking of getting one and i wanna know what they eat and if they are nice to have :O

Camping_Carl2
December 9, 2004, 6:55 am
Your mom is a good pet

m00`
December 9, 2004, 6:58 am
:|
Does anyone have a ferret

Camping_Carl2
December 9, 2004, 7:05 am
i beat one with a pipe..

m00`
December 9, 2004, 7:09 am
Okey.. lol

n00bface
December 9, 2004, 7:15 am
Don't even think about getting one if you haven't owned pets before. They are some of the hardest animals to have...You seriously need to bathe them (at least) once a day, which is more than I actually bathe myself. You also need to take them for even more walks than a dog, and they are pretty expensive to keep.

m00`
December 9, 2004, 7:26 am
what about if u keep them indoors do they still need a lot of bathes?

i used to have a cat :|

Deleted User
December 9, 2004, 7:30 am
They are annoying, and they attract fleas/lice and other vermin no matter what you do.

I wouldn't suggest getting a ferret.

n00bface
December 9, 2004, 8:16 am
You can't keep them outdoors, they are strictly indoor pets. You still need to bathe them once, twice, or even three times daily.

m00`
December 9, 2004, 8:27 am
do they try to eat ur hand if u bathe them like cats or are they easy to bathe

palloco
December 9, 2004, 12:32 pm
They are easy to bath when they are 1 day old, when they are 1 month old they can rip your head off. Just take a look at lumpy.

Deleted User
December 9, 2004, 1:41 pm
ferrets smell worse than breeding yaks. i hate the little [IMAGE]s. why don't you get a gerbil? *polly pipe extravaganza*

Liber_Lupus
December 9, 2004, 1:50 pm
I was planning to get a ferret myself. I think i changed my mind.

Meandor
December 9, 2004, 2:18 pm
They do taste good though.

El_Mariachi
December 9, 2004, 2:48 pm
downsides with the ferrets are that as long as havent castrated them, they smell a lot, and, even after castration, some still smell a lot. They are curious and likes to dig, hence the problems with having them indoors, plants etc will get ripped if they are available, and, to a ferret, most things are :)
furthermore, they need a lot of attention, or they will get it by themselves, by destroying your house, so, be prepared to spend more time on a ferret than u would on most dogs.
I wouldnt keep a ferret indoors, they need a lot of space, better to create a good cage outside, remember they dig, so, u have to bury some fine durable net.
in conclusion, I wouldnt recommend a ferret to any1 who isnt _very_ dedicated and able to give it a good life.

Subslider
December 9, 2004, 3:08 pm
just get an cat.. there easy to handle dont need a lot of attention.. and there funny..:P

DT
December 9, 2004, 3:20 pm
one bite me and my thumb turned yellow and green... and then it started shooting lazer beams out of it... then it was normal the next day....

Deleted User
December 9, 2004, 3:22 pm
Maybe your eye is a laser eye now?

damnnation
December 9, 2004, 3:39 pm
i'm not shure but i think that Lumpy Ferret wil have one or more... ask him...

peemonkey
December 9, 2004, 6:21 pm
get an old, ugly smelly dog. mine kicks ass cuz he farts then seems like he laughs....it's [IMAGE]ing awsome.

LumpyFerret
December 9, 2004, 6:24 pm
I let my ferrets run wild on the streets..

?
December 9, 2004, 6:28 pm
My cousin had 2 ferrets for years until he had tog et rid of them... I loved those things

peemonkey
December 9, 2004, 7:31 pm
they're [IMAGE]ing vicious though. i'd get like, 8 of them, be really mean to them, then but them in the bathroom with whoever the arch-nemisis may be, and barracade the door.

.dragonfire
December 9, 2004, 8:55 pm
I used to have two, and I put their huge cage with a hammock and everything in my room.

Big mistake.

They poop like, 300 times a day, and it smells worse than dog crap. They pooped in this little litterbox thing, and you would have to change it at least 2 times a day, yet you would still have a [IMAGE] smell. They are, however, cute when not pooping and eating things.

Captain RibMan
December 9, 2004, 9:48 pm
get a ferret, kill it, mount it. Done. you get all the "cuteness" of a ferret but no poop and no hassle

EDIT: if you cant kill it, im sure camping carl would be more than happy to volunteer

DT
December 9, 2004, 9:56 pm
i went to a pet store once and the ferrets had biten and held on to the sides and just hanged thier... heh and when i walked by they went nuts and one bite ones butt and they fighter and i watch and then one that got his ass biten ran away...
Ferrets are pussys

LumpyFerret
December 9, 2004, 10:14 pm
we used to have a couple of ferrets to go rabit hunting..

you put nets over the holes in the rabbit burrow..

and then you send a couple of ferrets in there..

and the rabbits come flying out of their burrows to be trapped in the nets..

then the ferrets would usually eat a rabbit live..

but there so cute!

m00`
December 10, 2004, 4:56 am
I used to have a cat but it ran away after 3 years :/

El_Mariachi
December 10, 2004, 6:27 am
m00`, I dont know how much a ferrett is down in australia, here in sweden, they dont come for free like cats, so, if its the same down there, I imagine you are willing to spend some money on a pet. So, if I were u, id forget about buying a ferret and get an ocicat, its a breed of domestic cat that resembles smaller jungle cats and have a more doglike behaviour than most other cats. That is, they bond more with their owners etc.

http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/ocicat.html
http://www.cat-world.com.au/Ocicat.htm

good luck

m00`
December 10, 2004, 6:30 am
im sick of cats, you cant even bathe them, they always scratch and when ever you try to be nice to them they walk up to u and scratch ur face.

Im trying to look for a cool pet somthing like a ferret, u know like a guinea pig, hamster etc....

btw - ocicat reminds me of a leapord :O

n00bface
December 10, 2004, 6:50 am
Wow I was going to get a Boston Terrier around christmas, but I think I've changed my mind. I want an Ocicat!!! Thank you mari!!! And who knows, maybe when I come and live with you you'll let me bring an Ocicat.

LumpyFerret
December 14, 2004, 2:10 am
haha my ferret will bite the head off your ocicat..

and spit it into its litterbox..

DT
December 14, 2004, 4:51 pm
and my imaginare ferret will eat the head... like that dog demon on undying

LumpyFerret
December 15, 2004, 12:33 am
and then i will sneeze

LazehBoi
December 15, 2004, 12:59 am
I have a few, and yes, they are good pets (as long as you can teach them to not bite... as much as they would normally), and having two ferrets means they'll play with eachother, and you won't need to play with them as much. Another thing, if they bite your finger , push it into their mouth, shout out "No!" and tap them on the head, or butt. I -think- that is how you teach them to not bite... They also tend to bite less when they're fixed, and females die if they aren't fixed after thier heat-stage-thing.

edit: Just a thing... I would suggest you get them if you have had pets before... They're pretty hard to maintain. :|

One more thing... If you have a large cage you can keep a ferret in there outside, and give it an old piece of clothing or some sort of material to keep it warm overnight.

DT
December 15, 2004, 1:09 am
they suck end of story

Unlucky 13
December 15, 2004, 2:16 am
quote:Originally posted by El_Mariachithey dont come for free like cats

YOU GET FREE CATS?
COOL!

BManx2000
December 15, 2004, 2:35 am
Duh?

LumpyFerret
December 15, 2004, 3:38 am
my girlfreind picks cats off the street.

she has like 5 now..

everynow and then i kill one or two off.

to keep the population in check

:D

NuZZ
December 15, 2004, 9:52 am
Why dont you get some friends eyic? They dont normaly scratch you in the face, unless you act like a [IMAGE]ing mofo. They can even bathe themselfs!
They can feed themself, and they can even TALK!!! Omfg yeah I know, hard to take in isnt it? Well... They dont haveto live with you either.
No money expenses, and they come with free clothes, did you hear that... CLOTHES!!!!!!!!!111oneeightfiveseventyteenyfour!!22!2!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
!
!!
!
!

m00`
December 15, 2004, 9:12 pm
Already have friends unlike you ;o