( search forums )
more spray on guns
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Krieg
December 9, 2004, 6:37 pm
the guns in soldat are way to accurate, well slightly over accurate,
i mean, a aug firing all it's clip in about 20 seconds, 9 degrees of spread, why not more, single shots should be more accurate, and instead of a fire delay bar it should be a accuracy bar, when it's fuill the more accuracy you have, ect. barret shots should be left alone but do more damage or fix the 2 barret shot glitch e.g shoot somebody with barret and they still walk the planet, same with nades and m79, i mean, it's good to survive them but it should do more damage, also the AK74 has 30 bullets, thought i might add that in. because it is just a AK47 without the stock

Vijchtidoodah
December 9, 2004, 6:42 pm
I didn't really understand most of what you said, but it sounds like this is just another weapons balancing thread. If you really want inaccurate aiming, go to the realistic servers where your guns actually have kick.

bucky_brad
December 9, 2004, 7:03 pm
No, I am happy with the guns the way are at the moment. Leave them alone

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 7:09 pm
im not saying change ALL the gun sprays it's just they are too accurate for the distance that they are fired, like if you keep firing your gun, from 2 screens distance away it only spreads like 2 centimeters (0.8 inches, i think) which isn't alot, and if your flying the barret shouldn't be dead accurate while flying, either your flying or your aiming

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 7:11 pm
and as for the realistic mode, yeh thats the same accuracy just recoil added, no extra distribution. just thought i might want to point that out for you

The Geologist
December 10, 2004, 1:18 am
The guns are fine as is...and learn to use the edit button. Double posting is a no no. :)

Vijchtidoodah
December 10, 2004, 1:30 am
The barret is not accurate while flying unless you are hanging in the air, and if kick doesn't make your gun inaccurate then why do do the bullets fly all over the place?

The guns are fine the way they are...like most of us have said in the dozens of weapons balancing threads: Leave the guns alone!

AerialAssault
December 10, 2004, 2:30 am
the AK74 is a totally different gun than the AK47, they both come without stocks if you dont want them. different caliber, different chambering action.

peemonkey
December 10, 2004, 3:16 am
^damn you AA, i was just about to say that!!! stop that!!!

Judge_Man
December 11, 2004, 3:30 am
Im tired of everyone Saying always the same thing " weaps are fine dont touch them -- The guns are fine blablabla". Always saying that for every version and they always change.

I support this idea, think a bit guys an helicopter Minigun with that Tiny angle of Spray CMON!!! How can a human ( youll say soldiers arent human) can handle this firing power. every other autos should be less accurate when flying AT LEAST! Go buy an auto and try to be DEADLY accurate while jumping on trampoline ( that simulate the flying for those slow-brained)...

You have a BRAIN for some reasons you know!?!?

Vijchtidoodah
December 11, 2004, 3:42 am
First of all Judge Man, settle down. There isn't any need to insult people just because you think differently than they do.

That out of the way, in the last version, people were unhappy with the amount of spray on the minigun which is why it has been toned down so much in this one.

And, to restate what I said in my last post, the guns aren't accurate while flying unless you are relatively still in the air. For instance, if you are flying up and you shoot, the bullets will be significantly lower than your crosshair. And considering that most of the game is played flying through the air and not actually on the ground, the spray would be all over the place almost all of the time.

Judge_Man
December 11, 2004, 3:49 am
First of all Vijchtidoodah, where do you see any insult??

I know that when you fly up your bullets DONT follow your movement, but when i encounter someone with an auto, he won't start to Fly ALL over the place like a (something). What he will so, he's gonna stabilize in the air and kill me in 0,2 sec with a deadly accurate AK-74 or any other.

to be simple, No one fly all over the place when shooting with an auto making the "lowering-accuracy-while-flying" kinda useless.

EDIT: for your minigun, Boost its power ( which would be normally REALLY HIGH) but lower the accuracy...

Vijchtidoodah
December 11, 2004, 4:18 am
Umm...okay, I have almost no idea what you just said.

I never said that the bullets would follow your movement, in fact, they go the opposite direction of wherever you are moving vertically, while their path is exaggerated horizontally.

I think you said that a person won't fly all over the place, and that's true unless you are using a minigun.

I can't understand the rest, could you write it a bit more coherently please?

Judge_Man
December 11, 2004, 4:30 am
Arg.. ill try ( english not primary language )

I mean by bullets that dont follow your movement that when you fly upward and you fire straight ahead of you, your bullets will be lower than your body because your flying up. BUT when flying up and aiming Straight (angle 0), you wont fire lower (angle -10) (if you had math in school, you understand the angle thing) (( i have the feeling that this i not more understandable...))

Errr in facts, what i was trying to explain is exactly what you said with the crosshair ( i didnt disagreed with that at all) ANyway..

Migunners won't fly all over the place, they'll just go backwards or doing an Arc from left to right or right to left ( depends on which side DUH)

Vijchtidoodah
December 11, 2004, 4:42 am
If you play long enough you'll soon see people that use the minigun to literally fly across the map.

BMF
December 11, 2004, 4:45 am
Autos are very accurate now, but they dont deal any damage. So its all good

Vijchtidoodah
December 11, 2004, 4:52 am
Really? They deal less damage than before?

Judge_Man
December 11, 2004, 4:54 am
OMG lol, Vijchtidoodah do you really think i have never seen minigun boosting?? *is not a noob!*

BMF, are you serious? autos don't deal any damage yeah...right..Then why do i die in 0,5 secs by an Aker or any other player with some SKills in an auto?.. ( You'll tell me i just have to kill him.. Duhduhduhdu M79-er i am, miss = 99% dead) (( i also use auto sometime, and it DOES damage))

EDIT: no Vijchtidoodah, autos dont do less damage than before.

DT
December 11, 2004, 5:15 am
blink effect...
the guns accuracy is fine

Vijchtidoodah
December 11, 2004, 5:21 am
Do you mean bink?

Marine
December 11, 2004, 6:39 am
Why do you think he took the spray off the minigun in 1.2.1 (or whatever hell version this is)?

Again, do realistic. The guns are fine as they are, I don't think we should make more spray then having the community something else to bitch about.

Judge_Man
December 11, 2004, 7:27 pm
the community will ALWAYS bitch on something.

And if you would have READ, you would have see that i said to INCREASE minigun damage and REDUCE accuracy, THAT would be really more NORMAL for an HELICOPTER minigun handled by a HUMAN.

Vijchtidoodah
December 11, 2004, 7:36 pm
That's true, but in the game it would own way too much. Think of those annoying people who just stay in their base but spray the entire map with their minigun bullets, what if those bullets were more powerful?

Judge_Man
December 12, 2004, 5:31 am
NO, It would not Own way too much Cause the Accuracy would be reduced.
Which mean on long range, all the bullets would NOT land on ONE spot, they would be within a WIDE angle = easy to dodge.

Shivorken
December 12, 2004, 5:51 am
Judge Man ... soldat is a game, It is not one of those realistic games that you might have played. Here, you don't play seriously or anything, its just for a little bit of crazy shooting and fun ... who cares if guns are too "accurate" it dusn't matter. Just play the game how it is and get use to it.

Vijchtidoodah
December 12, 2004, 6:50 am
Well, I was going to continue the discussion...but Shivorken closed it up nice and tight.

Jaz
December 12, 2004, 12:18 pm
The guns are not fine ! How can you say that? Soldat sucks "as is" and it needs a fix.

Vijchtidoodah
December 12, 2004, 7:18 pm
Then wait for the weapon editor

DeMonIc
December 12, 2004, 7:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by JazThe guns are not fine ! How can you say that? Soldat sucks "as is" and it needs a fix.

M79er :P Get used to it.If BMF can own with bink, you can too.

3rd_account
December 13, 2004, 12:26 am
I agree with Jaz. The automatics gives to much bink. It's no longer a challange to play with autos anymore. As it is now, spraying is to effective.

The Geologist
December 13, 2004, 2:21 am
Since when were the autos a challenge to play with in the first place? Hold down the button and lead your oppenent. Watch as round after round nails them. Now there's an extra bink effect, and everyone can't stop whining. I've seen plenty of good m79ers since 1.2.1 came out...obviously it's not too hard to use, so if you can't hit something with your m79 use a new gun. Otherwise, stop whining.

Marine
December 13, 2004, 2:29 am
quote:Originally posted by 3rd_accountI agree with Jaz. The automatics gives to much bink. It's no longer a challange to play with autos anymore. As it is now, spraying is to effective.

Ha. And I'm willing to bet my third nut you were one of the people who whined about the Barretts being too powerful in 1.2

Anyway - I like bink. This way, people with Barrett can't come up half an inch away from you just to shoot. The Barrett is a sniper rifle, it has a scope, so USE IT. Thats what its FOR. It's not an assault rifle, its a SNIPER RIFLE! Kill people from a screen and a half away from it in prone with scope, jeez.

And the M79 is a grenade launcher, use its arch to your advantage. It's also a GRENADE LAUNCHEr, NOT ASSAULT RIFLE.

Vijchtidoodah
December 13, 2004, 5:54 am
quote:This way, people with Barrett can't come up half an inch away from you just to shoot.
What are you talking about? The barret is only good at extremely close range or long distances but not in between. Mid-distance and bink kills your accuracy, but bink doesn't effect you that much if you're shooting point blank.

Marine
December 13, 2004, 6:07 am
Yea - my mistake. I didn't mean half inch, I meant a few inches. You know, pretty close, but far enough so its not point blank. You can't even get 1 inch away to get point blank to shoot, because you'd be dead by then (usually)

I just meant the bink helps it so that people now use it more as a sniper rifle, instead of assault rifle.