( search forums )
There are NOT enough realistic servers...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
SSJSarge
December 10, 2004, 1:20 am
Anyone know if there is a regularly schduled realistic servers or something? Aside from the few(but great) 8v8 realistic games, there are no games out there.

Realistic mode is my favorite way to play, and im very disappointed that there are no realistic games out there..

Deleted User
December 10, 2004, 1:21 am
I know what you mean. I can't find anything besides CTF, Deathmatch, or Teammatch servers either. -_-

Kazuki
December 10, 2004, 1:25 am
Hey, yeah, what happened to Jimmy Bones' Pointmatch server? =| That server was pretty nice. By the way, I don't think anyone has thought of a way to make a difference yet... Do you think it's about time we put on our construction hats and sat in the thinking chair?

BMF
December 10, 2004, 1:39 am
people dont play realistic. Because they cant handle it. Realistic is not a noob friendly mode. Personally I think it's awesome, but unless people play it, there will be no decent servers

Skate4Razors
December 10, 2004, 1:40 am
I don't like realistic, and neither does a lot of other people. I'm not saying I hate it, but I just suck at it, so I don't play, lol. Try putting the filter on Realistic if you havn't already.

The Geologist
December 10, 2004, 2:13 am
I love realistic...a great change from the norm. If enough people voice their want for such servers, I'm sure someone will open one up. And if not, we'll kidnap them and force them to o_O

Ivan0
December 10, 2004, 2:27 am
There are not enough servers with FF on

Michal
December 10, 2004, 2:49 am
I like realistic, there should be more servers with it... It's a bit hard for me getting used to fall damage and limited vision again though, that's probably why if there is a realistic server it's pretty empty.

DT
December 10, 2004, 4:24 am
thiers to many severs if you ask me...
but most Real severs are normaly got dsl

Chakra
December 10, 2004, 4:36 am
quote:Originally posted by BMFpeople dont play realistic. Because they cant handle it. Realistic is not a noob friendly mode. Personally I think it's awesome, but unless people play it, there will be no decent servers

As the manual officially calls it, "A mode for advanced players."

Despite the veteranship of so many players around, it seems there are few to consider advanced then.

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 10, 2004, 6:45 am
Well, I do open a realistic server sometimes, enforcing it to have only 2 teams, and maps with little jet (Lagrange, Bunker Jungle) to play War mode. Its called the ILOA War Server, or ILOA Custom Server (I play Single Player maps here). But sadly, its run in DSL and only support a max of around 12 ppl

Deleted User
December 10, 2004, 7:53 am
I allways try to have my Rambomatch server up with realistic mode on, no-one seems to join it while I'm running around shooting nothing waiting for someone.

1 sec respawn time too to make it harder

doffencom
December 10, 2004, 8:42 am
I used to be really good at realmode, it's pretty fun, even had a nifty clan, but we had like.. 3 clans to compete with? So we died and headed our own ways =/

Tha Doggfather
December 10, 2004, 11:53 am
quote:Originally posted by KazukiHey, yeah, what happened to Jimmy Bones' Pointmatch server? =| That server was pretty nice. By the way, I don't think anyone has thought of a way to make a difference yet... Do you think it's about time we put on our construction hats and sat in the thinking chair?

My ISP has limits to Upload and Download per month :/

I could set it up again now and then, if people really care.

DeMonIc
December 10, 2004, 1:13 pm
I sometimes host a real server...but otherwise real mode is dead.It needs clans, servers and tournaments.But a lot of vets think it's "too easy!!!1111" Yeah right =_=

mar77a
December 10, 2004, 2:25 pm
I personaly think that no one plays realistic cause its to difficult...and because realistic has been implemented when all the ppl played normal mode...so when they try realistic, they suck at it...

Melba
December 10, 2004, 2:37 pm
im thinking more in the lines of Ivan0, FF is a better alternative

a week or so ago, i hosted an FF server, nobody joined.

i mean, in every other multiplayergame the majority of the servers has FF on, why not soldat?

BManx2000
December 10, 2004, 2:56 pm
Probably because it's so easy to shoot your teammates by accident in Soldat.

lieroguy
December 10, 2004, 6:12 pm
It'd be tough not to shoot friendlies in real life if they were flying in front of your face and running in front of you.

I play Realistic Lagrange Teammatch games as often as possible. I've been working on a design for a urban no-jet multi-tiered map.

BMF
December 10, 2004, 7:59 pm
FF on is bad in public servers, because there are so many assholes and noobs playing. Michal could add an option that if you kill your teammember you die automatically, that would be awesome. I also would love to see more FF in clan matches, it would COMPLETELY change the gameplay. Alas, I am outspoken.

Will
December 10, 2004, 10:38 pm
real mode is dead online, i can hardly ever find a server that has it on.

Jaz
December 10, 2004, 10:45 pm
to be honest. This version of soldat is like playing realistic. you die really fast, kill really fast with autos and ur shots allways eventualy go way off target. So im scared to even go near realistic in this version cos it will double the cra(p)[edix]ness of normal soldat.

Marine
December 11, 2004, 1:14 am
Realistic rocks, I tried to play just only realistics but it never worked out for just your reason, hardly any servers. There was always the "Owange: Inf" realisitc server, and various zombie and CTF servers, but thats all. I agree, though, there should be more.

Unlucky 13
December 11, 2004, 5:50 am
I play realistic z bit with my bro, but yeah, the mode should be adopted by more people. CARN THE REALISM!!!

sTo0z
December 12, 2004, 12:02 am
I run an 8 player realistic server, but it's pretty broken right now, waiting for some server genius to help me out.

8 players because I'm not sure what my bandwidth can handle.

Jello
December 12, 2004, 4:05 am
Never trust a man who can't hold his own in a realistic server.

Oliver Stannus
December 12, 2004, 5:47 am
Just realising how much support there ISN'T for realistic mode, I wonder how many people out there like Survival mode, cause I prefer any mode where you die once you're dead until next round.

BMF
December 12, 2004, 6:05 am
quote:Originally posted by JelloNever trust a man who can't hold his own in a realistic server.

Haha man that's so awesome

Jello
December 14, 2004, 12:33 am
Its true.

m00`
December 14, 2004, 12:34 am
most realistic mdoe servers lag and piss me of

Chakra
December 14, 2004, 4:40 am
I found a RM TDM yesterday that could hold 20 players. Needless to say it rocked. Wonder if it's still there..