( search forums )
im new to this
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
hello
December 10, 2004, 1:27 am
i played this game at my friends house and it was so fun and i want to download it.is it free? does it only cost money to play online or is that free to?does it all cost money? just tell me stuff about the game.

The Geologist
December 10, 2004, 1:34 am
Hiya :) And welcome to Soldat. Downloading the program and playing online is totally free, however paying the $9 to register does come with some benefits, like:

* Add your own music to listen to
* Some interfaces are for registered users only
* Custom jet flame colors

Just a few things for you to consider. Enjoy Soldat. ^_^

Kazuki
December 10, 2004, 1:38 am
You don't have to register, but we encourage you to, so you can get the benefits that Geologist stated. Welcome to Soldat. :D

hello
December 10, 2004, 1:40 am
thanks, are all u guys like anime people, im not into that kinda stuff.wait so i can still play online for free?

Kazuki
December 10, 2004, 1:51 am
Haha, nah, I had my name before I even knew it was entangled in anime. Yeah, you can play online for free. Read the Soldat manual. :)

Vijchtidoodah
December 10, 2004, 1:52 am
Welcome to the neighborhood. :)

liquidis x snake
December 10, 2004, 1:58 am
Welcome nublar, enjoy the forums and make yourself useful.

Now hurry and make the best map anyone's ever seen.

SuperKill
December 10, 2004, 3:44 am
<hostile stuff>
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Vijchtidoodah
December 10, 2004, 3:57 am
Shut up :)

DT
December 10, 2004, 4:22 am
here are some Very Useful tips
1. use search button
2. becareful of what you say and where and sometimes when
3. look at superkills avatar and become disguested

SuperKill
December 10, 2004, 4:24 am
when you're pretty advance you'll get to have your own DT signature too 8]

The Geologist
December 10, 2004, 6:01 am
Pfft...DT signatures are just a fad. They'll die out like the LOLs. ^_^

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 10, 2004, 6:32 am
What???? The Lols shall never die! I <3 you Ville!

palloco
December 10, 2004, 8:14 am
Dont be worried, not everyone have anime avatars. There are still some normal people out there like me :P.

Deleted User
December 10, 2004, 8:38 am
Hahaha. Well, welcome to the forums!

Feel free to peruse the forum areas and take part in the community. We're all quite welcoming, for the most part. ^_~

I hope you enjoy your stay!..

And just to snip this in the bud before it gets away from me,..

Make sure you use the Search function before posting a bug!

Deleted User
December 10, 2004, 10:43 am
quote:Originally posted by pallocoDont be worried, not everyone have anime avatars. There are still some normal people out there like me :P.

You forgot those who don't have anime avatar but are still in no way normal. :P

hello
December 10, 2004, 8:00 pm
ok i did one advice, look at that nasty avatar(forget the guys name), i started laughing to hard. is that really in the movie? and can u make maps and use em for free?

Deleted User
December 10, 2004, 8:10 pm
Welcome to the forums!

SSJSarge
December 10, 2004, 8:12 pm
superkills avatar is just an animation taken from two disneys movies put together. The "drinking fox" is from The Fox and the Hound and the "happy bear" is from a jungle story. I love it, its one of the funniest things Ive ever seen!

Oh and yes, you can download a map maker and use it for free.

peemonkey
December 10, 2004, 8:41 pm
<-- normal (wtf b anime?)

Will
December 10, 2004, 10:36 pm
hello hello hello hello? hello!?

gah stuff it.

grand_diablo
December 10, 2004, 11:01 pm
Hiya,

if youre looking for nice maps beside the included ones, dont hesitate and take a look at the mapping forums, which are under my reign *insert evil, daemonic laughing here*

Skate4Razors
December 10, 2004, 11:32 pm
Welcome to the good 'ole racist white 40 year old anime retards forum, lol. I'm joking, welcome, quick note: WRITE IN FUNNY COLORS! :D

Vijchtidoodah
December 10, 2004, 11:37 pm
Why would anyone want to do that?

Kazuki
December 11, 2004, 12:11 am
To recreate the spectrum because their mother isn't home, meaning that they have no one to talk to.

That had no meaning whatsoever. Carry on.

lieroguy
December 11, 2004, 7:05 am
Here's a tip. Stay away from the map ctf_Death. No good can come from it. If you're lookin for a clan to join, give me a private message or an e-mail ( lieroguy@yahoo.com ). Soldat has a bit larger of a learning curve that most other games out there, so remember to RTFM and get some experience, and give me a buzz if you have any questions.

What I would suggest for you to get started is to download the game (google soldat, it's the first listing), customize your character appearance, and hop in a deathmatch server and just try to rake in a few kills. Don't expect to get anything close to winning. Try to dabble in every weapon and try to focus on some real tactics with real human players. If you use a sniper rifle, people will call you a barettard. They're only upset because it kills, just like every other weapon. Star joining some CTF games once you got the basics of raw killing down.

Vijchtidoodah
December 11, 2004, 7:49 am
I disagree, start off on the ctf_servers because the game goes much slower. If you want to hone any specific skills with weapons or whatnot, then go into the faster paced deathmatch games.

Will
December 11, 2004, 4:22 pm
if u want skill, practice with bots for 3 years.

Vijchtidoodah
December 11, 2004, 6:14 pm
Hehe, oh yeah, bots are so increadibly tough to beat...
/rolls eyes

Melba
December 11, 2004, 8:19 pm
try sniper out in the new version, impssible of course,

i could swear he got better!

hello
December 11, 2004, 11:51 pm
i played online yesterday for like 2 hours and it was really fun. my name is silent stalker(couldnt think of anything else) i love to sniper, i came in first almost every single game, i geuss im just a natural, 5 random peopple told me i was sick and told me i must have been playing for years, but it was my second time playing.

Vijchtidoodah
December 12, 2004, 12:46 am
Good job, I hope to play with you soon.

Jello
December 13, 2004, 2:42 am
Nice. I would have told you to make sure and not go by Soldier, but it looks like you've already got that down. One thing I've discovered that may sound obvious but took me months to realize: use different guns for different maps. Deagles, MP5, Spas, and M79 are short range, good for maps like Death and Kampf. All the others are long range, for maps like Run. Be sure to hone your skills with all guns, each has its time and place.

lieroguy
December 13, 2004, 7:41 am
If you can, drop your secondary for a more adequate weapon. For instance, I often drop my socom, and pick up a barett, M79, or Spas-12 to go with my minimi.

Keron Cyst
December 17, 2004, 1:28 am
quote:Originally posted by lieroguyHere's a tip. Stay away from the map ctf_Death. No good can come from it....
Now there's a nice tip right there ;-)
quote:... If you use a sniper rifle, people will call you a barettard. They're only upset because it kills, just like every other weapon....
Yes, but it kills in one hit, and the shot is faster than the other one-hit kill weapons, so there's less gravity to predict overshooting.