( search forums )
Player indicators on your teammates' heads
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
MercyM
December 10, 2004, 5:43 am
Good idea? Like in Halo, or sumthin

frogboy
December 10, 2004, 5:53 am
What, you can't see the colour of their shirt already?

Vijchtidoodah
December 10, 2004, 6:03 am
What do you mean?

Deleted User
December 10, 2004, 9:09 am
He's suggesting something of a team label to help you identify your teammates. For example, a blue arrow would point to where your teammates are, just like the grey arrow tells you where you are.

Its a good idea.

/me likes.

MercyM
December 10, 2004, 11:17 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboyWhat, you can't see the colour of their shirt already?

if they are in the bushes? or behind polys?

Vijchtidoodah
December 10, 2004, 7:06 pm
Sort of like the radar thread, I guess...

MercyM
December 11, 2004, 9:52 am
nah, it isn't

mipit
December 13, 2004, 1:22 am
i could see where my team is camping and hide with em instead shooting them giving of the location and ruining there plan... if you are a noob... why not replace the shirts with arrows? then i could see my wonderfull halo mod suit wee.

Keron Cyst
December 13, 2004, 2:34 am
Nah, just make the text of their names highlighted in the color of their team when you hover the cursor over them.

UltraMagnus
December 14, 2004, 11:12 am
hmm, coloured arrows over peoples heads sounds a good idea, kinda like on tribes

Deleted User
December 14, 2004, 6:34 pm
Good idea. I hate it when someone's proned in a bush and I can't tell which team they are on.

Unlucky 13
December 14, 2004, 10:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by StalkyGood idea. I hate it when someone's proned in a bush and I can't tell which team they are on.

THen you shoot them and find its a friendly (if you got FF on) after they die? Yeah
Anyways, it is like the one on UT: GotY, where it is optional?
I like!

Judge_Man
December 15, 2004, 5:49 am
In a real battle, do your teammates have an arrow Over their head showing their position and their team?

I don't think so.. Learn to use your eyes..

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 15, 2004, 6:44 am
But they DO communicate via Radio, so in real war, you're supposed to be able to keep track of what places your allies are entrenched or hiding in. Plus, does Soldat really seem like a realistic game?

Judge_Man
December 15, 2004, 7:03 am
Hmmmm Don't you think the the TEAMCHAT replace the radio huh?
Sure, you can tell your position in the map with the teamchat, but you'll get killed in no time. We talking about an ARROW or whatever over your head just to know if "that" guy in the bush is red or blue. Please...

RH3Z
December 15, 2004, 12:31 pm
if there were arrows over the heads it should only be on the freindly team's

KeFear
December 15, 2004, 6:34 pm
And why not make a really big purple or neon-green sign to every soldier that is on your team? And why not make them always visible, even if they hide in the bushes? And why not put an evil-red sign over the bad-bad other team, so you know they are against you.

Stupid idea. Use your eyes. Oh, yeah, i see people sometimes who are in my team, shooting me and other teammates. But they do that becouse they are just dumb. They don't know they are in a team game. Do you want to confuse them with some more arrows? :) they wouldn't know which soldier are they..

Nah, i say if this gonna happen, make it optional!

MercyM
December 15, 2004, 7:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeFear
Stupid idea. Use your eyes.

:S i use

y0da
December 15, 2004, 10:14 pm
you see them with the crosshair, right? then f1 and, oh, he's in your team. :] To many things are already on the screen. :/ Is this a RPG thing? Nooo...

Spectral
December 15, 2004, 10:53 pm
i think this idea is ok, but it's another one which does not seem necessary

Keron Cyst
December 16, 2004, 1:52 am
quote:Originally posted by meNah, just make the text of their names highlighted in the color of their team when you hover the cursor over them.

Did anyone read this? :-P

Maluno
December 16, 2004, 2:13 am
quote:
I don't think so.. Learn to use your eyes..

I completely agree, and i believe that any modification made to the identification system would be completely unnecessary and inconsequential.