( search forums )
update bot ai
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
liam_northcott
December 10, 2004, 9:27 am
i reckon bots shouldent be able to see you when you hide in grass, if a player cant see you a bot cant see you.

being a programmor myself i could do it but the anti cheat thing stops me. lol

Deleted User
December 10, 2004, 9:30 am
Search.

It's there for a reason.

liam_northcott
December 10, 2004, 9:40 am
yeah but still i reckon bots shouldent be able to see you when you hide in grass, if a player cant see you a bot cant see you.

Sprocket
December 10, 2004, 9:54 am
couldn't agree more..

peemonkey
December 10, 2004, 6:43 pm
peemonkey for bot mod, i reckon. i should also be able to give some input to the michal-creature about how the bots can be made more ruthelesssss

Vijchtidoodah
December 10, 2004, 7:02 pm
Although this idea has been repeated to death, it's still very relevant. Someone needs to get Michal to update those bots because they are so unbelievably stupid.

peemonkey
December 10, 2004, 8:08 pm
i tried like a mad bitch last version. i'd be more effective if i were on the beta team, but they dont want me on :'(

DT
December 10, 2004, 11:48 pm
yea thats wierd... alpha team bots are better then beta..

Vijchtidoodah
December 10, 2004, 11:55 pm
Wierd, I always thought it was my imagination. Alpha bots are so much better at pathfinding and shooting.

Hitman
December 11, 2004, 12:06 am
quote:Originally posted by DTyea thats wierd... alpha team bots are better then beta..
Wtf?

Kazuki
December 11, 2004, 12:21 am
... DT.

1} It's BRAVO team.
2) The bot AI works the same way no matter which team it's on. Maybe it just seems that way to you because of the waypointing and/or map advantages.

mipit
December 11, 2004, 4:19 pm
know whats realy funny with bots? seeing them duking it out... they hardely hurt others with fists and there always jumping around...

peemonkey
December 11, 2004, 5:54 pm
someone move this to the correct forum *eyebrow raised again*

papasurf31
December 12, 2004, 12:43 am
Bots should be able to camp in hidden places and snipe at you, just like real players. They can stop and camp, but just don't do it often enough. They should be able to zoom with the barret. They should use nades. They should drop weapons and pick up new ones, learn to carry 2 primaries, throw knives at you, and actually compensate for the arc on the m79 (they all suck at using that weapon, even on impossible)

peemonkey
December 12, 2004, 1:28 am
also:

try to get above opponent

instead of always running in like melee(with guns) they can tell what gun they have and stay at the according range

be able ot follow commands made by human players

look for waypoints close to them by going in random(left/right) direction untill they cant go further, than reversing till they find one

detecting colliders and having the ability to use for cover or think *dont waste nade here*

*sigh* minigun surf/spas surf/m79 jump

ability to use commands like /mercy and /victory when certain things happen

avoid certain powerups

camp or not camp stat guns

use certain waypoints (high, low, left, right) more than others

reload if no enemies are close and dont have a full clip

jump over grenades

superman in air (special waypoint)

defensive/offensive tenencies (weapons, tactics, nade usage)

chase flagger specifically, and not just anyone who comes around

avoid death polygons like grenades

and a [IMAGE]load of others. michal should listen to me :'(

Vijchtidoodah
December 12, 2004, 1:33 am
That's a great llist of suggestions...you've been thinking abou this a lot, haven't you?

peemonkey
December 12, 2004, 3:09 am
that's a partial list i gots plenty more, but only for me and michal...AND, if he evr listens to little old me, the community when they get put it (prolly wont happen)

DT
December 12, 2004, 5:45 am
yea its probly the maps like kazuki said... but still... they always seem to shoot better if you ask me...or probly its the coolest color next to green

peemonkey
December 12, 2004, 7:14 am
green pwns. JV = all green

BManx2000
December 12, 2004, 3:17 pm
I think the main thing bots need is some way to react to players who are near them but behind a poly. This would be hard to program, but it would make bots much better.

Deleted User
December 12, 2004, 5:50 pm
Peemonkey: Great ideas

Yin_Starrunner
December 13, 2004, 9:33 pm
jesus that might take a while

liam_northcott
December 14, 2004, 8:27 am
papasurf31 Posted - 12 Dec 2004 : 00:43:41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bots should be able to camp in hidden places and snipe at you, just like real players. They can stop and camp, but just don't do it often enough.

well there is a thing called a bot maker, i use xbot. you can configure them to just sit there camping forever...

Toumaz
December 14, 2004, 5:30 pm
Making bots is very hard. And to create all those things on that list would basically be... impossible.

peemonkey
December 14, 2004, 8:14 pm
not at all. look at bots in other games. they're ALL better than soldat's(no diss to michal, i just know he can do better).

liam_northcott
December 15, 2004, 12:14 pm
taumaz, xbot is so easy to use my nana uses it. shes 89 [IMAGE]ing years old!, also peemonkey the bots that you are reffering to are programmed be proffesionals like ea games etc

RH3Z
December 15, 2004, 12:23 pm
the bots are just plain annoying with waypoint problems even on some official maps too. Also when one bot sees anoter and an obsacle is in the way they don't know how to jump and shoot.

peemonkey
December 15, 2004, 7:24 pm
yea i know theyre done by 'pro's, but michal has [IMAGE]ing mad skills. he could at least do like, 2-3 things like thems to make the little critters better.