( search forums )
Less ricochets!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
GluLm
December 10, 2004, 4:13 pm
I'm suggesting less ricochets.
In the current version, if you shoot 30 bullets with mp5 or 40 bullets with Ak-74, all of them will ricochet.
Only 50% of them should do that, or even less in my opinion.
Check StickSoldiers as an example.

Off-topic: stop posting topics about CS. Soldat is NOT CS.
Don't make it more complicated than what it was. If you're too young to understand that, please leave!

mar77a
December 10, 2004, 4:31 pm
maybe changing the "angle" for ricochet....

by the way, i do not support it....

SERIAL KILLeR
December 10, 2004, 4:50 pm
I like it that u would have 50% chance that a bullet ricochets.

Sprocket
December 10, 2004, 4:56 pm
i'm for it..
its easy to kill now.. just aim shoot, and the ricochets to the rest..

Aquarius
December 10, 2004, 5:10 pm
I like ricochets, don't change it.

DeMonIc
December 10, 2004, 5:33 pm
Eh...I can't repeat noobile's (where did he go again?)little report on the manner, but I think I can remember the main point of it:
Ricochet occours very rarely, because of the small angle.If you learn to use it, you'll get advantage..if not, it won't affect you really much.

Leave it be.

peemonkey
December 10, 2004, 6:32 pm
my idea [IMAGE]ing rocks how it is. im glad michal put in it like that. lick it, bitch. XD

DT
December 10, 2004, 6:56 pm
the hell you talking about ? we need more
if you don't like it then play the old version.. like most barreturds do

Vijchtidoodah
December 10, 2004, 7:01 pm
I think ricochet is perfect...the game doesn't choose a certain percent of your bullets to ricochet, it allows all bullets to ricochet as long as they hit the polygons within a very limited angle.

AnzX Vi3t
December 11, 2004, 1:20 am
good as it is in my opinion.

BMF
December 11, 2004, 4:48 am
I dont think that ricochets should be determined by chance. However there should be a limit for a number of times a bullet can bounce. I think ricochet for a single shot should happen once, then the bullet loses its momentum, and it does not bounce again no matter what the angle. Right now on some maps you can just get a Minimi and start shooting it down the tunnel, and the bullets just keep going and going. They bounce like 5-6 times. Unrealistic. A bullet should lose some kinetic energy after hitting a wall. But that's gonna be a little complicated. So instead why not limit it to one bounce?

Vijchtidoodah
December 11, 2004, 4:54 am
Or two, because bullets (or perhaps just bullet fragments) can ricochet dozens of times before stopping. But I agree, because miniguns or barrets in the tunnels on ctf_Equinox really ruin the map.

Pulp
December 11, 2004, 5:05 am
Or maybe a more realistic solution is making different types of polygons, one with a ricochet-effect and one without. In that way colliders of the ricochet-polygon-type could be added in the mapmaker. Of course the colliders should be rectangular and not round, as now.

It should let you make specific ricochet'ing parts on a map ... defenitely better as the pinball-maps now, I guess...

Michal
December 11, 2004, 5:06 am
I think ricochets are too reliable. For full auto weapons they should not ricochet as often or as predictably as they do now. Keep in mind that a surface would get damaged when being repeatedly struck with bullets causing odd/no ricochets. I use autos exclusively, so don't think I want to nerf them, but I think it gives an unfair advantage.

Vijchtidoodah
December 11, 2004, 5:17 am
I like the idea of ricochet-specific polygons, but the amount or degree that ricochets occur should be customizable.

Then again, considering all the ruined tunnels, less reliable ricochets would also be a good idea.

Unlucky 13
December 11, 2004, 6:06 am
It over powers the minigun but i still like it (dun use it anyway, dissed on most servers 2)

Meandor
December 11, 2004, 2:30 pm
I like ricochet like it is now, but if it is to be nerfed, BMF is right. Maybe just 1-2 max ricochets. And a ricochet has the same power as the original bullet, that could be changed too.
I don't really like the 50% thing. Soldat should never have random values that affect the gameplay. Not managing to kill a person for a random event would be really annoying.

Sprocket
December 11, 2004, 3:04 pm
i dont want MM to take ricochet's AWAY, just.. remove 25% of them.

Marine
December 11, 2004, 5:59 pm
I agree with BMF, but personally I Think it's ok. I hardly even encounter richochet in the game - I'm not really a tunnel humper (except on Laos -.-) I'm usually out in open, where it effects me very little.

SERIAL KILLeR
December 11, 2004, 6:14 pm
Hmmm..... are ricochets calculated on the client or server side?

Alamo
December 11, 2004, 6:46 pm
server side, they have to be the same for everyone.
don't take them out. it would kill the realism. if you shoot a gun at a certain angle and the bullet ricochets it will also ricochet if you do the same shot again.

peemonkey
December 11, 2004, 7:06 pm
keep it how it is. either way it's all cuz me XD