( search forums )
i got it!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
hello
December 11, 2004, 3:07 am
i just downloaded it and everything is working fine, in fact i just played for an hour. on my desktop theres soldat and soldat dedicated server, what is the dedicated server.also how do i play online, i tried goin to join game and i waited and waited but nothing came up, is there like apopular level that every1 gos to?just tell me how to play online.

Magniitude
December 11, 2004, 3:10 am
Well, welcome to Soldat. Wierd how you became a forum member before you got the game. Anyway, to play online you go to the tab "JOIN GAME" and click request server, and select one and start playing. A dedicated server is a server that you run from your computer, but you don't play in it; just run it. And no, theres not exactly a popular "level" everyone goes to. There may be favorites of maps though.

hello
December 11, 2004, 3:13 am
do can i just delete the ds because i dont really fell the need to host a server?

Magniitude
December 11, 2004, 3:17 am
Well, if you want. It's just a shortcut. The actual thing is in your soldat folder. But of course you knew that...right?

Melba
December 11, 2004, 3:25 pm
if the "tutorial" magniitude gave isn't working, you should make sure that in "options" the connection is set to "internet", not "LAN"

Will
December 11, 2004, 4:25 pm
also make sure you have "register in lobby servers" ticked

Melba
December 11, 2004, 4:48 pm
that's only for hosting, but it's usefull when it comes to that ;)