( search forums )
some observations on soldat players
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
petrock
December 11, 2004, 2:45 pm
Playing between the hours of midnight and 5am EST can get strange. I've noticed a lot of things mostly in inf and some in ctf that I thought might be worth sharing for anyone whos interested enough in the game to read this.

The biggest thing is evasive action. What is with this hiding stand off players do late at night? Seems to me all you need to do is pick up some speed and run into these guys and they don't know what to do. Especially with an automatic- they just run away.

The second applies to blue in inf- if I run into the base and start shooting randomly everyone camping starts running after me leaving the base defenseless. This is a bit more understandable with the flag, but come on guys- do all 5 of you need to chase the flag? Im just going to stand in the base until it comes back and theres no one there to kill me.

Late night games also bring out a lot of snipers who dont move and spawn killers but I won't elaborate on that.

mar77a
December 11, 2004, 3:41 pm
...meh....nah....late at night soldat ppl get stoned....so they are slow and prefer to camp... XD

blackdevil0742
December 11, 2004, 5:39 pm
Are u sure that they live in the same area you do?...

peemonkey
December 11, 2004, 5:53 pm
yea, are you not able to grasp the concept of the earth being round? timezones?

Marine
December 11, 2004, 6:00 pm
Late night? Your night could be my day.

Vijchtidoodah
December 11, 2004, 6:11 pm
Except for the fact that you're both from the US, marine.

Chances are that you're just imagining things because you should be sleeping but instead you're praying to the big flashing box.

Marine
December 11, 2004, 6:40 pm
Unless I live in NewYork and he lives in Hawaii :)

And theres always camping snipers, and as for the thing about the flag...well if you don't send full strength against guy with flag, he'll score. And if you kill him and get the flag back, and the enmy is waiting by flag - your team is already out there, so they can just move in on him.

lieroguy
December 11, 2004, 6:53 pm
If I can ge the guy with the flag to stand still and hide, It's awesome, and it happens a lot. Because I can wait all day, it just means he won't score. And there's always another team member who can come behind him eventually, then he's got 2 of us to deal with.

Skate4Razors
December 11, 2004, 7:29 pm
I love late at night games, I'm tired, but I still own a little :D

DT
December 12, 2004, 5:31 am
quote:The biggest thing is evasive action. What is with this hiding stand off players do late at night? Seems to me all you need to do is pick up some speed and run into these guys and they don't know what to do. Especially with an automatic- they just run away.

The second applies to blue in inf- if I run into the base and start shooting randomly everyone camping starts running after me leaving the base defenseless. This is a bit more understandable with the flag, but come on guys- do all 5 of you need to chase the flag? Im just going to stand in the base until it comes back and theres no one there to kill me.
1.blarg many people are cowards... i rush and roll... or dive... or something else...
2.blues are just retarded... go RED!

Sekushi
December 12, 2004, 7:23 am
quote:Originally posted by DT[quote]
1.blarg many people are cowards... i rush and roll... or dive... or something else...
2.blues are just retarded... go RED!

Thanks for those big tip-offs, cheif.