( search forums )
CTF_Lands - v.1.1 - Now With Extra Balance
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Boxo
December 11, 2004, 6:52 pm
After a long break, I finally made a map again, took me a couple of hours. Named it incredibly imaginatively, as usual. Check it out in-game to get a better view.

v 1.1
The new version makes it quite impossible to have the enemy flag at the respawn area, because the polygons are set to hurt everywhere in the bases but the sniper ledges, which will be pretty dangerous to be on too, because you can be easily shot there. Usually you'll have to go to your flag respawn area, which now regenerates btw, to wait for return, and since it's not too safe there, there won't be long situatons where both teams have the enemys's flag. I hope you like this solution. Also, the bunker in the middlish area was changed so it can now be shot out from at both directions. It's a much more fun map now, re D/L.
Oh, and the description still says beta, but am not bothered to fix that.

[IMAGE]

>> version history

v.1.05
- first release

v1.1
- fixed some polybugs
- modified the bunker to make it more balanced,
- set the bases to "hurt" (except the camper area, but you'll get shot being there anyway.)
- set the flag areas to "regenerates"
- moved some spawn points

D/L v1.1: http://www.freewebs.com/boxo/ctf_lands1.1.PMS

Vijchtidoodah
December 11, 2004, 6:59 pm
Looks nice, I like the backround colors...Downloading...

I don't know, it's really empty and featureless. Also, one of the protected sniping positions is only good for shooting the red, while the other has health in it so that you'll have a hard time dying.

The layout is really good, though. Unfortunately, I couldn't test it to it's full potential because it doesn't have any waypoints.

7/10 Because there isn't anything signigicantly wrong, but it is lacking.

Skate4Razors
December 11, 2004, 7:22 pm
Looks really cool, I'll download and try it out. Good job homie g wilakers! :D

Pulp
December 11, 2004, 9:09 pm
The map looks good, tested it on a 20-player server.

The only problem is that it is very, very, hard to get the flag back when the opponents flagholder is hiding in his base, especially cause the respawnpoints are also in the base.
Maybe it's better to 'open' the two "upway-tunnels", that would make the map more interesting, more amusing to play.

Vijchtidoodah
December 11, 2004, 9:32 pm
^I agree. Even with non-functional bots I couldn't get up there at all.

Soulsnipa
December 11, 2004, 10:55 pm
wb boxo

Rambo_6
December 12, 2004, 12:09 am
It seems unfair, why does blue get a tower thing?

Boxo
December 12, 2004, 12:17 am
Try the new version, fixed, like, everything.

ty Soul :]

Pulp
December 12, 2004, 12:28 am
Nice, added to my server.

( IP: 81.2.131.131 PORT: 29400 , or click => http://sebserver.cjb.net/ )

Vijchtidoodah
December 12, 2004, 1:01 am
It's much better now, although I don't completely understand why only some of the polygons in the base hurt you.

Pulp
December 12, 2004, 1:10 am
Hmm, I got some strange scenery-errors for this map on my server, anyone else got scenery-problems while playing this map ?

Vijchtidoodah
December 12, 2004, 1:41 am
Yeah, but it was also on your server, while I don't have any offline. As an added note, although the bots now have waypoints, they don't follow them at all. Red jumped up and down forever, and blue died because they never left their base.

Boxo
December 12, 2004, 1:55 am
There aren't supposed to be usable waypoints yet. They weren't finished for this release.

I was on pulp's serv too, btw, and had no problems whatsoever.