( search forums )
Automatic Server Request...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Leo Da Lunerfox
December 11, 2004, 7:39 pm
First, look at this topic:
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=19285

Now, it is evident to me that many new players do not realize that the "Request Servers" button is used to find the servers, so they try to join an online game, see no servers on, consider the game dead, and uninstall it or only play with bots.

My suggestion would be to have the game automatically request a list when the user clicks on the "Join Game" button for the first time, to impress those little noobies with our 200 or so servers :P

The Geologist
December 11, 2004, 7:47 pm
Seems like a matter of convenience me. Gets my vote ^_^

zyxstand
December 11, 2004, 9:27 pm
neh i think tats a pointless idea - if them noobs don't know how to request servers maybe it's a good idea for them to not play with actual ppl and therfore not annoy neone...besides if they rly want to play online they would try to study the "join game" tab and figure it out!

Marine
December 11, 2004, 9:42 pm
I agree it'd be nice and convenient, but if your reason is for the noobs...really, come on. When I was a noob I wasn't THAT stupid. I mean Jesus...how dumb could someone be?

Skate4Razors
December 11, 2004, 9:52 pm
They'd havbe to be retarded... But, still, ome noobs are cool. I SUPPORT YOUR IDEA! :D

b00stA
December 12, 2004, 11:14 am
quote:Originally posted by Leo Da LunerfoxMy suggestion would be to have the game automatically request a list when the user clicks on the "Join Game" button for the first time, to impress those little noobies with our 200 or so servers :P
What will the newbie think?
"Oh, when I click that Join Game button, I get a list of all servers. Cool!"
Then he presses again.. and nothing happens.

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 12, 2004, 6:26 pm
oh, what I meant was, it auto request servers everytime soldat starts.

DeMonIc
December 12, 2004, 6:31 pm
You mean you press the big "Join" button, it'll request a lot of servers...or make the request servers button blink like hell when you first start soldat =)

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 12, 2004, 6:53 pm
Depends, maybe even go as far as a msgbox thats right smack in the middle of the screen. I think that'd work the best out of all these ideas.

mipit
December 12, 2004, 7:04 pm
ok so you got to the list and will automaticly show you the servers... hmm nice idea...

Blackdeath
December 14, 2004, 3:22 am
...or you could just have the N00bs READ THE MANUAL. Lol that is why it's there isn't it?

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 14, 2004, 6:28 am
Its funny how alot of these ideas that everyone says yes to gets sent to page 2, while the mediocre weapon balencing ideas gets 4 pages worth of discussion.