( search forums )
ctf - Pitfall - Now Online Playable!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Rambo_6
December 12, 2004, 12:08 am
Earlier on, when i made Pitfall, it went on DNAgames. Unfortunately, ping levels skyrocketed and people became unhappy. I present to you a remixed and awesome-ified tropic-cavey version of Pitfall!

I've prevented n00bage frustration by allowing more jet, making most of the stalagmites hurting, and including stalactites, some of which stop bullets. I hope this will prevent lag because they will help stop bullets from traversing half the map :p

I've also included a closed in cave roof to prevent sky high battles, which are cause for lotsa lag. The stalactites on the roof also provide cover for you when you're escaping with the flag.

I expect to hear no complaints about jet problems. I can travel half the map without running out of jet, so that should be plenty. If you have a hard time reaching the other team's base on this map, consider sicking to the top so you have emergency islands to land on. The huge variety of escape routes should provide you with millions of possiblities on this map. I've also included an easter egg hiding spot for the flagger. (can you find it?)

Feel free to host this on your server, people. I think this should be extremely hardcore online, since the bots are retarded. If somebody here can expertly waypoint this map, all the better. :p

Cheers!

screenshot... who needs it anyways? Just download the map.

***MAPUPDATEPLEASEDOWNLOADITRIGHTNOWTHANKYOU***

Note: This map is not based on any games (i.e Pitfall)

The Geologist
December 12, 2004, 12:13 am
Ooo...sexxah...re-D/L time. ^_^

Pulp
December 12, 2004, 12:28 am
Nice, added to my server.

( IP: 81.2.131.131 PORT: 29400 , or click => http://sebserver.cjb.net/ )

Vijchtidoodah
December 12, 2004, 12:56 am
I hope that spot below and away from the map isn't your eater egg hiding spot, because it would really suck for blue with their ice patch while red's is just normal.

Other than that, It's a really nice map. I like the scenery and noob friendliness of it.

Rambo_6
December 12, 2004, 3:03 am
Oh crap, i diidnt mean for red's to be normal. I'll update.

Skate4Razors
December 12, 2004, 3:38 am
Looks really cool, is this based on the game Pitfall? Or is it just a random name? Oh, and, YOU MAKE SO MANY FREEGIN MAPS MAN! =)

Rambo_6
December 12, 2004, 3:40 am
Heh, this one i made a long time ago... I Just thought it deserved some online usage.

*UPDATED THE MAP*

Edit: You're stupid, skate. It clearly stated at the top that it was not based on any games. lol j/k.

Michal
December 12, 2004, 4:55 am
Nice map, good use of shading, nice colors, good balanced layout. 10/10

Sprocket
December 12, 2004, 10:18 am
Teh good looks, jaa.

Rambo_6
December 12, 2004, 3:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by PulpNice, added to my server.

( IP: 81.2.131.131 PORT: 29400 , or click => http://sebserver.cjb.net/ )

You really should decrease the amount of players allowed in to about 14. It gets very laggy with 20 players.

Pulp
December 12, 2004, 4:50 pm
It's cause of the low framerates per second you probably got the 'lagging feeling', Rambo_6...

Edit: I changed the server to a 14-playerslots-server.

Rambo_6
December 12, 2004, 10:56 pm
Oh, well i'm not all too smart when it comes to Ping and that crap. how can i reduce the lag effect on the map?

Skate4Razors
December 12, 2004, 11:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6
Edit: You're stupid, skate. It clearly stated at the top that it was not based on any games. lol j/k.

Hey, I'm not much of a reader, lol. I just look at maps, play the maps, and write in pink. Maybe I need Hooked On Phonics :/

Rambo_6
December 13, 2004, 12:07 am
lol you mean HUKD AWN FOENIKZS?

Deleted User
December 14, 2004, 6:37 pm
Its been a long time since I downloaded a custom map, but this one is great. Always loved it on the DNAGames server, but my pc lagged up :(

Well done Rambo.

Rambo_6
December 15, 2004, 2:38 am
Thanks, hope it proves to be fun as it used to be :)

EDIT: I seem to have misplaced this map. Could somebody please post the last update i did? :P

GluLm
February 26, 2005, 2:06 pm
Uploaded

*slaps Rambo_6 for bumping an old topic*

Edit: Sorry for the wrong URL, I fixed it. Thanks Michal anyway, it looks like the same version hopefully.

Deleted User
February 26, 2005, 4:38 pm
It's better to revive an old topic than to start a new one, GluLm.

Rambo_6
February 26, 2005, 9:43 pm
I didn't want to revive it, i just sorta screwed the map up.

Thanks for uploading it.

EDIT: the file you uploaded is empty, Glulm. I'm not sure it is even a soldat map, since there's no .PMS on it.

Michal
February 26, 2005, 10:01 pm
[URL]
I'm pretty sure this is the newest one...
Damn, this map is awesome. I want to see it on Seb's pub :]

Rambo_6
February 26, 2005, 10:13 pm
Thanks, that was the latest version, I think.

CamBot
February 27, 2005, 3:58 am
Cool.
Nice map but I am a land lubber so it's not my type.

Deleted User
March 12, 2005, 11:45 pm
*sigh* The link for the download is out. You should find something other than llsc.

Rambo_6
March 13, 2005, 1:46 am
I'll re-upload, LLsc is working now, i think.

I'll also upload it to m00.u13.net.

Droopy
March 13, 2005, 6:32 pm
WOW! This map is based on the game Pitfall!

Rambo_6
March 18, 2005, 2:50 am
i just tried playing this map with bots, ugh. I'm sure that there's somebody out there who can waypoint this map WAY better than i did...

Deleted User
May 23, 2005, 11:26 am
404 Not Found.

grand_diablo
May 23, 2005, 1:23 pm
P L E A S E R E A D T H E S T I C K I E S B E F O R E P O S T I N G
T H A N K Y O U !

Rambo_6
May 24, 2005, 1:47 pm
Lol. Should i include this map in my pack that i'm releasing for the mapping compo?

I'm not sure what maps to release for the compo...

Michal
May 24, 2005, 11:58 pm
This is one of my favourite CTF maps of yours, I'd like to see it as a default map.

Rambo_6
May 25, 2005, 9:09 pm
Thanks. I'm putting it into my mappak for the competition :D

Likewise, i'd like to see your map, Industry, as a default. Gotta love it!