( search forums )
Weapon Accessories and such?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Jkster
December 12, 2004, 2:05 am
This idea may already have been mentioned a bunch of times, I tried searching for it in the forums but I didn't find anything like it.

Anyway, heres my idea: Basically along with your primary and secondary weapons you can also choose to take along an extra item or weapon accessory. Here are a few examples that I came up with:

Thermal vision goggles - they allow you to see other players/bots while they are concealed among shrubs or if they are not within your Field of vision if playing with realistic mode (you can see their heat signature etc). This would probably change the screen to differents shades of orange and red and all that goodness.

Scope - Allows you to zoom in while prone, though not nearly as much as the Barrett. And only applicable for the AK-74, Steyr, MP5, Ruger, and FN Minimi... and maybe the M72 LAW.

grenade launcher - attatches to the MP5, Ak-47 or Steyr,and you can launch your hand grenades further than normal.

Dual magazines - basically, two or more magazines that have been attached together to allow for faster reloading

ammo belt - lets you hold more grenades than normal

weapon holster - switch weapons faster than normal

afterburner fuel - jetpack is more powerful, faster flying... stuff like that

medkit - like the medkit pickup item, one use only per spawn OR you can pick up a medkit and use it once when you need it.

Expanded Magazine - Your weapon can hold slightly more ammo

Slug shotgun shells - available only for the SPAS, basically one big bullet to launch through your enemy (and into into the one behind him).

Well thats all I came up with. What does everybody think?

paramud
December 12, 2004, 2:21 am
quote:Originally posted by Jkster
Thermal vision goggles
Suggested, rejected

Scope
Suggested, rejected

grenade launcher
Already have that, called m79

Dual magazines
Don't know if it's been suggested, probably though

ammo belt
Pretty sure it's been suggested

weapon holster
Don't know

afterburner fuel
Don't think it's been suggested, It sounds like a good idea to me

medkit
Not suggested but similar to a backpack, which has been suggested

Expanded Magazine
Suggested, rejected

Slug shotgun shells
Pretty sure it's been suggested

Vijchtidoodah
December 12, 2004, 2:24 am
Jkster, people always want to add more guns or new gadgets and powerups but unless it is an extremely good idea they will get shot down. And your idea, though well thought out and inventive, isn't special enough to be spared from the flames.

Famine
December 12, 2004, 2:33 am
Soldat NEEDS something new...it sucks now. Well doesn't suck, but it has lost its spice.

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 12, 2004, 2:34 am
I personally feel that these, although good ideas, unless it is completely visible what gadget you have, it would result in angry teenagers screaming stuff like "OMG YOU MOVED FASTER THEN ME FAGGOT *Censored* Crap Motha*Censored*" Resulting in more random bans, which would completely decimate the Veteran Community, and have the noobs take over.

Vijchtidoodah
December 12, 2004, 2:44 am
Famine, perhaps you're right. But I don't think that any of those ideas is worthy of becoming part of the game

peemonkey
December 12, 2004, 3:20 am
what we need is a new mode with thoughsands of opshuns

Marine
December 12, 2004, 5:06 am
Weapon Holster, switch weapons faster than normal? Hahaha.

peemonkey
December 12, 2004, 5:19 am
lord knows i have a minigun holster strapped to my leg

Vijchtidoodah
December 12, 2004, 6:52 am
You mean you DON'T!?

Meandor
December 12, 2004, 4:25 pm
This is similar to lxs' and mine 'feats' ideas, just with 'items'. And it's quite good, i don't see why you guys are so negative about it..

SGT.Joey
December 12, 2004, 5:49 pm
What ever happened to the american weapons The weapons noware awsome but im just asking what happned to the m4a1 or the m16 the weapons now are kool but theyre not tactical wise its like street weapon scheme.
Btw Maybe the socom can have a silencer

mar77a
December 12, 2004, 5:52 pm
you cant add more jetpack to the map because it would be to unfair for those who choose that jetpack thing.
Eg: b2b: you fly all over, skip evrybody, capture the flag and run away flying over again...

mipit
December 12, 2004, 7:02 pm
why dont make the after burner like nos once you use it you cant get it back... so you cant fly b2b to and back.

Blackdeath
December 13, 2004, 4:25 am
Hmmm... Me thinks the american weapons aren't worthy enough to enter. After all if you were in the jungle would you rather have the often jamming m16 or the always reliable shoots in any conditions Kalishnikov? That's right. Lol if the M16 was brought in a special weapon jam function would also have to be added just to replicate real conditions.

DT
December 13, 2004, 3:57 pm
we don't need weapon accessories right now... at least i think so...

Jello
December 14, 2004, 3:03 am
Would these accessories be picked up a la grenade crates or something? Or could you choose one or two from the "player" bar? Confused....

Marine
December 14, 2004, 5:57 am
The M16 won't jam if you clean it routinely.

PS Just use modified AR15 or M4...

Deleted User
December 14, 2004, 10:51 am
quote:Originally posted by MeandorThis is similar to lxs' and mine 'feats' ideas, just with 'items'. And it's quite good, i don't see why you guys are so negative about it..

Becuase making them feel bad makes there E-P3n0rs twice as large.