( search forums )
10 year old girl arrested
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
SuperKill
December 12, 2004, 11:39 am
yea so i heard on the news that some 10 year old girl in philly got arrested for bringing scissors to her class. a teacher found those scissors and told it to the school staff that called the police.. the cops put handcuffs on her hands and took her to the station. after all the mess (and the little girl constantly crying) the cops decided she's not guilty of anything and let her go. the school suspended her for 5 days tho.. and yet the parents wont press charges.

anyone heard of this story ? is the education system that f*cked up in USA ?

The Geologist
December 12, 2004, 11:45 am
Unfortunately, yes...although, not necessarily the educational system so much as the people put in charge of keeping schools safe. People in chage of running/operating schools are far, far too paranoid of anything that could be used as a weapon (with a few notable exceptions). I remember in middle school one couldn't bring a skateboard inside because it could be used as a weapon. One could just as easly shank someone in the eye with their pen/pencil along the same logic.

Long story short, one of these cases pops up every half a year or so...

ClanKwH
December 12, 2004, 11:52 am
How lame...

that fuking sniper
December 12, 2004, 11:55 am
One could also just easily use a book as a weapon. I can see me flinging a book (closed side in front, of course, to concentrate the weight) into some guy's face and breaking his nose... Mhmm... What about psychotic teachers? I can also see me flinging those at some guy's house, turning it into a big mess of blood and gore. How a bout that for next holloween?

SuperKill
December 12, 2004, 12:07 pm
yea but.. 10 year girl.
cant they just like...... ask her for the scissors ?

Liber_Lupus
December 12, 2004, 12:10 pm
She got arrested for scissors...? HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...stupid americans.

b00stA
December 12, 2004, 12:11 pm
http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/news/politics/10395505.htm
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/10390856.htm?1c
http://www.teamamberalert.net/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5851

maybe they're just afraid of an american "Nevada" story.

Edit: What the [IMAGE]?
The scissors were discovered Thursday morning during a search of students' belongings in an attempt to find something missing from a teacher's desk.

peemonkey
December 12, 2004, 12:45 pm
^"afraid of an american nevada story"...isnt nevada in america? hmm....

SuperKill
December 12, 2004, 1:45 pm
"The district suspended the girl, Porsche Brown, for five days. Administrators will decide at a hearing whether she may return to class, or be expelled to a special disciplinary school."

dude, your education system..people in charge or whatever, are TOTALLY messed up.
special disciplinary school for a 10 year old girl that brought scissors to school? hell this looks more like city17 then philadelphia.

i still dont understand why did they call the police. its a damn ten years old girl.

Liber_Lupus
December 12, 2004, 1:51 pm
I wonder what will they do in handwork lesson

Noobile
December 12, 2004, 2:14 pm
Obviously this student was a problem child, with a behavioral issue. The fact that they were searching the belongings, attempting to find somthing of the teachers, shows that this student has been a little brat before. And in this day and age, in this country, you gotta be careful of the little brats with Behavioral disorders, because they're the little [IMAGE]s that get a big ol chip on their shoulder, and end up offing some student(s), or teacher(s). Obviously, they (the school administration) felt that this little problem child may have had some intent to do such a thing, and rightly called the cops, trying to protect themselves, and students. Ten years old, yes, is young, but lets not forget the kids in Columbine five to ten years ago. They were 14-15, and offed like 30 people, with their parents guns, nobody saw that coming, nobody ever thought that somone so young could commit such a henious act. Who's to say that a ten year old girl couldn't do the same? Personially, I agree with the school, they wouldn't have called the cops if they hadn't had pause for concern, and besides, what the hell are you doing with scissors in your personal bookbag?

SuperKill
December 12, 2004, 2:21 pm
noobile,
1.Police officers decided the girl hadn't committed a crime, and let her go.

2.School district officials said the fourth-grade girl did not threaten anyone with the 8-inch shears, but nevertheless violated rules that consider scissors to be potential weapons.

its so smart of you to judge her as a problematic child already.. the school's staff called the cops on her because everyone pussied around and couldnt deal with a 10 year old girl (with scissors..OHH!!) alone.
i guess the case wouldnt go so far on the media (it appeared on cnn) if it wasnt that stupid.

b00stA
December 12, 2004, 2:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by NoobileObviously this student was a problem child, with a behavioral issue. The fact that they were searching the belongings, attempting to find somthing of the teachers, shows that this student has been a little brat before. And in this day and age, in this country, you gotta be careful of the little brats with Behavioral disorders, because they're the little [IMAGE]s that get a big ol chip on their shoulder, and end up offing some student(s), or teacher(s). Obviously, they (the school administration) felt that this little problem child may have had some intent to do such a thing, and rightly called the cops, trying to protect themselves, and students. Ten years old, yes, is young, but lets not forget the kids in Columbine five to ten years ago. They were 14-15, and offed like 30 people, with their parents guns, nobody saw that coming, nobody ever thought that somone so young could commit such a henious act. Who's to say that a ten year old girl couldn't do the same? Personially, I agree with the school, they wouldn't have called the cops if they hadn't had pause for concern, and besides, what the hell are you doing with scissors in your personal bookbag?

Are you serious?

peemonkey
December 12, 2004, 3:08 pm
this country is full of pussies who are afriad. afraid over everything. terrorism, war, and scissors. we should all just shut the [IMAGE] up and eat our WHOPPER JR.'s

BMF
December 12, 2004, 3:20 pm
Yeah American system sucks LOL. Back in Russia everybody used to bring combat knives to school. And the teachers never said anything ROFL. One time this guy in my class got stabbed in the neck and almost died LOL LOL LOL. Idiot Americans try to prevent people from getting stabbed, I mean LOL WTF!!!!11one one

BMF
December 12, 2004, 3:21 pm
hehe peemonkey you little retard. Good thing you are not afraid of anything. Go and play some Soldat now

SERIAL KILLeR
December 12, 2004, 3:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by NoobileObviously this student was a problem child, with a behavioral issue. The fact that they were searching the belongings, attempting to find somthing of the teachers, shows that this student has been a little brat before.

Ehhh Noobile Doesnt it say they searched all students belongings not only hers?
quote:The scissors were discovered Thursday morning during a search of students' belongings in an attempt to find something missing from a teacher's desk.

Magniitude
December 12, 2004, 3:32 pm
I read the article, and realized how desparate the school administration was. Would they expel students if they were using the scissors, say in arts and crafts or something? Maybe they were trying to cover up for the teacher overreacting.

SuperKill
December 12, 2004, 3:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMFYeah American system sucks LOL. Back in Russia everybody used to bring combat knives to school. And the teachers never said anything ROFL. One time this guy in my class got stabbed in the neck and almost died LOL LOL LOL. Idiot Americans try to prevent people from getting stabbed, I mean LOL WTF!!!!11one one

nah. lets arrest this 10 year old girl that brought scissors to school cause maybe she's a psychotic killer. what, you didnt hear of 10 year old girls that stab other people with their art-class scissors ?

Aquarius
December 12, 2004, 3:42 pm
She must have looked like this:

[IMAGE]

or the school administration is [IMAGE]ed up

STEELIX
December 12, 2004, 4:06 pm
So... when I'd bring my pair of compasses to school, in America I'd be arrested?
interesting...

koil
December 12, 2004, 4:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill"The district suspended the girl, Porsche Brown, for five days. Administrators will decide at a hearing whether she may return to class, or be expelled to a special disciplinary school."

dude, your education system..people in charge or whatever, are TOTALLY messed up.
special disciplinary school for a 10 year old girl that brought scissors to school? hell this looks more like city17 then philadelphia.

i still dont understand why did they call the police. its a damn ten years old girl.

since this is the bashpit, i can say this in as many lingu's as i can. but i'll only pick out one.

sk, ma ha [IMAGE]ing keta? omnam zo yalda bat 10, aval ata tzarich lizkor she ein gil le rozhim. ma kore be aza? o be hevron?
maspik yeladim, halkam bnei 10, halkam LIFNEY 10, hargu hayalim shelanoo. im avanim.
avanim efshar limtso be kol makom. gina, ritspa. im misparaim behlal efshar laarog.

ei efshar liyot yoter miday betuhim bayamim ha elu.
^ you cant be too safe in this days.

the arrest was prolly too much, but cmon.. if they had a reason to belive that this was risky and/or a life-threat to themselfs and/or herself, then by all means, i support the cause. even if that means to shoot her [IMAGE]ing brain's out.

SuperKill
December 12, 2004, 4:16 pm
ahi hem yahlu lakahat la et ha misparaim me ha yad\tik.. ze lo eze ptsatsa o mashu kaze ze kula misparaim. matai laahrona shamata al yalda bat 10 she dokeret anashim ?
tahshov im aya et ha hok aze ba arets shelanu.. lo ayu bihlal yeladim ba betsefer. lo ayu leha yeladim ba kita she eviu misparaim ?

koil
December 12, 2004, 4:18 pm
yes, double post, yet yes, i dont care.

quote:Originally posted by SuperKill
what, you didnt hear of 10 year old girls that stab other people with their art-class scissors ?

whats with the naive attitude? i mean, [IMAGE], step out of that bubble world youre living in. and just so you'll know: yes, i heard of the 10 year old girls (i assume 10 year old boys would have been a threat?) that stabbed other people.

Aquarius
December 12, 2004, 4:19 pm
Speak english. Baship or not, moderators need to understand you.

koil
December 12, 2004, 4:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKillahi hem yahlu lakahat la et ha misparaim me ha yad\tik.. ze lo eze ptsatsa o mashu kaze ze kula misparaim. matai laahrona shamata al yalda bat 10 she dokeret anashim ?
tahshov im aya et ha hok aze ba arets shelanu.. lo ayu bihlal yeladim ba betsefer. lo ayu leha yeladim ba kita she eviu misparaim ?

lama hem lo lakhu? tov, lo ani, ve lo ata hainu sham. oolai hi hishtagaa? :P

im haya et ha hok zae ba arets shelanu.. az hayu pahot anashim she gomrim et hayom ba bet holim, ve arbe avaryanim hayu nihnasim la kele lifney she hem hayu horgim anashim aherim.

koil
December 12, 2004, 4:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by AquariusSpeak english. Baship or not, moderators need to understand you.

how come? if i dont understand them, why should they understand me?

seems like a gool deal to me :~P

karmazon
December 12, 2004, 5:05 pm
[IMAGE]en American schools, at my you can't even bring a hat to school, or you'll get suspended. Freedom my ass.

December 12, 2004, 5:15 pm
You could be hiding scissors under your hat.

papasurf31
December 12, 2004, 5:40 pm
Where do you live Karmazon? You can't bring a hat to school? That's gotta be some serious potheads running your school system. Hats...pfffft. They should be worried about crutches. At my school, a few years ago, a student snuch a bowie knife into school inside his crutches and attempted to stab the person who injured him. He was stopped and arrested.

IDF-RIPsta
December 12, 2004, 6:17 pm
I can't believe that an Estonian is expressing his contempt towards the US...
That's ok though, I bet many people in the US don't even know where your godforsaken country is located on the crust of this Earth.

Better get a clue of proportions, they have 293,027,571 people living in the US, they are bound to have a billion more criminals and evidently also 10 year old girls who might use scissors as a weapon.
Like Koil put it so adequately, unfortunately in Hebrew-English, we have 2 million Palestinians and each ten year old would kill an Israeli citizen with rocks he can pick from his backyard.

The arrogant and pitiful European behavior can easily be squatted to sheer incomprehensible babbling of a baby, desperately trying to get the attention of a far more capable world power. It must hurt you deeply to see your own country depending on the US stock market, doesn't it?

The media is "always" a helpful factor when you want to make your "own" opinion.
After all, Israel must have poisoned Arafat with untraceable venom, because 75 year olds do not die...
(just an example of how "accurate" international media is)

DeMonIc
December 12, 2004, 6:28 pm
But isn't that a little goin to far?I mean, a ten year old girl getting arrested.Sure, take the scissors, "you're a naughty lil [IMAGE], why yes you are" diss her a little bit.But arresting...this world is goddamn freaky.

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 12, 2004, 6:47 pm
Just goes to show you what happens when people somehow gets the retarded idea of "Hey! Lets cut funding for schools, because these people are gonna get drafted and die anyways!"

The American Education system works fine in College, but all the schools below = total crap, I could learn more in my home country then in US, because US students are seriously just not pushed hard enough.

When I was back in Hong Kong, we would regularly get 10+ pieces of hw that are all due by tomorrow(This is in third grade) , and here, people whine when they get ANY homework at all.

Maybe if kids would stop thinking about how horrible their lives are, and how they want to kill everyone cuz it hurts too much, then officals wouldn't have to worry about having phychologically damaged kids come in with scissors.

Melba
December 12, 2004, 8:23 pm
9/11

SuperKill
December 12, 2004, 8:53 pm
hmm..
10 year old with scissors in school...terrorist kidnaps a plane and blows it up in usa territory..
oh yea melba you're right those ARE alike!

The Geologist
December 12, 2004, 8:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by Liber_LupusShe got arrested for scissors...? HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...stupid americans.

Stupid Estonians.

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 12, 2004, 8:57 pm
yeah, words like 9/11 have some profound effect on Americans, its a scary number that makes them cower in fear and shake uncontrollably. Thats why George Bush says it all the time.

George "And I will increase fundings for blah blah blah September Eleven!"
Crowd "OH noes! We need to reelect him again cuz we need to stop terror!"
Reporter "Arn't we talking about schoo...."
George "SHUT UP! September 11!"

The Geologist
December 12, 2004, 9:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by Leo Da Lunerfoxyeah, words like 9/11 have some profound effect on Americans, its a scary number that makes them cower in fear and shake uncontrollably. Thats why George Bush says it all the time.

Speak for yourself and not about all Americans.

Elephant_Hunter
December 12, 2004, 9:25 pm
The media isn't printing a background check of the girl, so how do we know that she didn't have a psychological disorder? She could easily have a history of violence or been warned not to do this before. That news article was not enough to make an well founded opinion. Here's some occurences involving scissors at other schools:

Haverhill
A mother's complaint is leading investigators to file criminal charges against a sixth-grade student at Consentino Middle School, accused of stabbing a female student with a pair of scissors.

Lincoln, NE
A 13-year-old female middle school student was stabbed by scissors by another 13-year-old female student during a dispute in class.

Gaithersburg, MD
A 10-year-old male special education elementary school student was taken to a medical facility for a psychological examination after an outburst that included allegedly assaulting his 42-year-old teacher, cutting computer wires and threatening authorities with scissors. The teacher was treated at the hospital for a head laceration.

Wright Elementary School
An 11-year-old boy threatened to stab a fellow student with scissors, then tried to hit the other child with a stapler.

Any story can be changed to make you feel emotion. Obviously this was their goal, putting emphasis on the fact she was a girl and 10 years old. Ha! You fell for it too.

Aquarius
December 12, 2004, 9:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by The Geologistquote:Originally posted by Liber_LupusShe got arrested for scissors...? HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...stupid americans.

Stupid Estonians.

At least Estonians aren't afraid of little girls with scissors :P

Aquarius
December 12, 2004, 9:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by Elephant_HunterThe media isn't printing a background check of the girl, so how do we know that she didn't have a psychological disorder? She could easily have a history of violence or been warned not to do this before. That news article was not enough to make an well founded opinion. Here's some occurences involving scissors at other schools:

Haverhill
A mother's complaint is leading investigators to file criminal charges against a sixth-grade student at Consentino Middle School, accused of stabbing a female student with a pair of scissors.

Lincoln, NE
A 13-year-old female middle school student was stabbed by scissors by another 13-year-old female student during a dispute in class.

Gaithersburg, MD
A 10-year-old male special education elementary school student was taken to a medical facility for a psychological examination after an outburst that included allegedly assaulting his 42-year-old teacher, cutting computer wires and threatening authorities with scissors. The teacher was treated at the hospital for a head laceration.

Wright Elementary School
An 11-year-old boy threatened to stab a fellow student with scissors, then tried to hit the other child with a stapler.

Any story can be changed to make you feel emotion. Obviously this was their goal, putting emphasis on the fact she was a girl and 11 years old. Ha! You fell for it too.

But she didn't do anything bad. She only had scissors in her bag.

Cookie.
December 12, 2004, 9:33 pm
8-inch BLADES OF DEATH MAN i can see little paper cutting scissors but not 8 inches of doom blade! they sound like hedge trimmers to me ;)

Elephant_Hunter
December 12, 2004, 9:39 pm
I believe you're missing the point. You don't know enough about the story to formulate an well founded opinion. American schools have a history of children mishandling scissors and being unruly or violent. She wasn't hurt, and there's little chance they'll expell her without better reasoning.

Meandor
December 12, 2004, 9:55 pm
Arrest was outrageous, also simply taking scissors away from her would've been stupid. Why? Kids are indeed dangerous with anything to each other (since they play with things, and joke around with pretty much everything dangerous or not) - they should simply be controlled. Because not under control, a kid might just take a stone and throw it at someone, if he wants to. If you think of it, incidents with harmless things at school are countless. I know one kid that hurted himself (and quite badly) by running straigh against a wall :P

The Geologist
December 12, 2004, 10:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
At least Estonians aren't afraid of little girls with scissors :P

You don't know that until you've had/experienced cases like E.H. pointed out coupled with all the other acts of violence in schools seen in recent years (shootings, other assorted objects being used as weapons, brought to school, etc). It's not because they're "afraid" of some little girl with scissors...it's a matter of policy, and of saving their own asses in the event that the sh*t hits the fan and one kid decides to make an arts and crafts project out another kids face or body with a pair of scissors. The more they see everyday things being used negatively, the more they have to expand their idea of what a weapon truely is. Unfortunately, it also means considering everyone a potential threat in some cases...but what else can you do in such a situation?

Long story short, I don't agree with the littel girl getting handcuffed, etc...too bad she got humiliated like that. I'm hoping they take it easy on her...

On a funny side note: It's very plausible, not to mention probable, that she brought the scissors for something school related. There was a case in my home state a year or two back in which a young child, can't remember the age...attending kindergarten, I think...anyhow, this youngin' brought in his daddies pipe and weed for show and tell. Perfectly innocent act...he truely didn't know what he had in his hands was illegal. Unfortunately, he got his old man busted...

SuperKill
December 12, 2004, 10:05 pm
but dude, arent you allowed to bring scissors to school ?
a pen or pencil can be much more dangerous.

Elephant_Hunter
December 12, 2004, 10:19 pm
8-inch shears

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Now imagine those splattered in blood... don't you think some precaution was in order?

SuperKill
December 12, 2004, 10:30 pm
that means you're not allowed to bring scissors to school ?

Sekushi
December 12, 2004, 10:32 pm
Those do look kinda scary.

Elephant_Hunter
December 12, 2004, 10:40 pm
These are the sort of scissors I imagine a 10 year old girl should use...

[IMAGE]

Sekushi
December 12, 2004, 10:45 pm
Wtf when I was 10 my mom gave me a [IMAGE]ing pair of PLASTIC SCISSORS. They had a bulldog on the side, and they couldn't cut worth a crap. :(

[IMAGE]

That's how mine used to look like. :<

SuperKill
December 12, 2004, 10:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill...
that means you're not allowed to bring scissors to school ?

IDF-RIPsta
December 12, 2004, 10:54 pm
Aquarius.. there is no gentle way of putting it, you're an absolute moron.

Go get a clue and raise your head out of that ugly backwards communist country you live in. Maybe if Poland could actually afford something, let alone influence the world in financial aspects, then I would respect your opinion.

To me it's just a lot of noise from an unimportant narrow minded individual.
You have no power, so I might as well leave you with this forum to display your own ignorance.
I have a suggestion for you, oldtimer... stick to talking about Soldat...

Well put, Elephant Hunter, I enjoyed reading something factual rather than European bias.

Aquarius
December 12, 2004, 10:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by Elephant_HunterNow imagine those splattered in blood... don't you think some precaution was in order?

If precaution is arresting the 10yo girl, putting handcuffs on her hands and taking her to police station, then no.
Oh well... I guess Americans have a tendency to exaggerate.

Elephant_Hunter
December 12, 2004, 11:00 pm
quote:
Oh well... I guess Americans have a tendency to exaggerate.

All the more reason to question this news story. I was taught to look into not just one side of it, but both.

SuperKill
December 12, 2004, 11:28 pm
<COUGH>

Elephant_Hunter
December 13, 2004, 12:00 am
Superkill, they had a rule against bringing weapons to school.

weap·on
1. An instrument of attack.

Michal
December 13, 2004, 12:12 am
The girl did not do anything, she should not have been arrested. Having concealed scissors is not against the law. The parents of the girl should sue the school for mental anguish to their child :P

that fuking sniper
December 13, 2004, 12:12 am
Meh, it all falls down to the individual history of the child, though. If she had a history of 'psychotic breakdowns/outbreaks' then I'd support the teacher's choice of action. If she was just a normal schoolgirl at the age of 10, I would want to know what happened at the very moment the teacher decided that these scissors were not in good hands while in posession of the kid. At any rate, I'd suspect its either that the article failed to show that the girl was mentally/spiritually ill or clarify that it was indeed the teacher that was over-paranoid. I wouldnt be surprised to find out that its the latter, though, because there *are* alot of rediculous mentalities in this country. Just as RIPsta said, this country is of large scale, many explanations can be eligible.

Bottom line is: Chill.

Elephant_Hunter
December 13, 2004, 12:23 am
quote:Originally posted by Elephant_HunterThe media isn't printing a background check of the girl, so how do we know that she didn't have a psychological disorder?
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniperit all falls down to the individual history of the child

At least one person knows what I'm talking about.

SuperKill
December 13, 2004, 12:56 am
[IMAGE]
it is LEGAL \ ILLEGAL to bring scissors to an american school.

circle one of the options please.

The Geologist
December 13, 2004, 2:06 am
It's a matter of what kind of scissors...if they were plastic "safe" scissors, there probably would have been no issue at all. But eight inch metal scissors aren't allowed because of that whole weapons issue..

karmazon
December 13, 2004, 2:11 am
At my school it's illegal...Basically you can't bring anything, I even have to hide my key

The Geologist
December 13, 2004, 2:23 am
Must suck to be you. ^_^

Chan_Fan
December 13, 2004, 2:26 am
the girl probably threatened some one. better safe then sorry! I brought a razor to school and i didn't get arrested. Hell people small vials of wine to school. They spill them into their pepsi so the teachers cant see. Every now and then there is a stabbing. Teachers are bribed to be a drug mule.- People blow up toilets with cherry bombs for godsake! You can't watch the news with out hearing some teacher raping there students! Our system is messed up but in another way! So i suggest that you should complain about how unsafe americans schools are not how they are paranoid. Plus wouldn't it make ur country's school system messed up if they let every one cut each other!

Deleted User
December 13, 2004, 3:17 am
It'd save a lot on education costs if they did.

AerialAssault
December 13, 2004, 4:45 am
that little girl got pwn't

Cookie.
December 13, 2004, 4:45 am
jesus christ 8 inch metal scissors are very intimidating i think ;) i can see tiny plastic scissors that cant cut crap and why on earth would you need to bring them schools supply scissors..

BMF
December 13, 2004, 5:21 am
quote:Originally posted by Leo Da LunerfoxJust goes to show you what happens when people somehow gets the retarded idea of "Hey! Lets cut funding for schools, because these people are gonna get drafted and die anyways!"

The American Education system works fine in College, but all the schools below = total crap, I could learn more in my home country then in US, because US students are seriously just not pushed hard enough.

When I was back in Hong Kong, we would regularly get 10+ pieces of hw that are all due by tomorrow(This is in third grade) , and here, people whine when they get ANY homework at all.

Maybe if kids would stop thinking about how horrible their lives are, and how they want to kill everyone cuz it hurts too much, then officals wouldn't have to worry about having phychologically damaged kids come in with scissors.

Hey asshole, have you ever been to another country? Have you ever gone to school in another country? You don't realize how lucky you are to live in the United States. Believe me in other countries the high school education is not worth crap either. And yes, I am not American, so I know what I am talking about from experience.

BMF
December 13, 2004, 5:25 am
You guys just keep guessing. What kind of scissors were those. What kind of crime was that. Was she violent, did she have a prior history of violent acts. Superkill, you read an article on CNN, and from that article you go to judge the entire US educational system. Good job man, you show us how good the Israeli system is. They don't teach their students to check some simple facts, before making a judgement.

Aquarius, I see that you are a huge Polish patriot. How did you like the Soviets occupying your country? You enjoyed it? Because Americans forced them out. And I am paying the US Army from my taxes. I pay to keep your country free, because you people can't do it on your own.

Good night

karmazon
December 13, 2004, 5:45 am
quote:Originally posted by BMF Because Americans forced them out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA

Elephant_Hunter
December 13, 2004, 5:59 am
BMF you idiot, stop turning the arguement towards patriotism. It may be a big deal to you that we're lucky, but here in America it's the norm to question. After all this time you've spent here you really must be thick to not have noticed it. My parents pay to keep me alive and educated, so I don't live in a [IMAGE] and sleeping in a half-built house with rats. How's that for your "lucky" America?

Does that mean I can't question when we go to war with Iraq? When a little girl is sent to the police for bringing scissors to school? If we have enough money to pay for that then where is my privileged life?

Wanna be a [IMAGE] from the dead like when we saved Poland? I'm a historian too...
WHERE WAS WASHINGTON's PAtirot-sim WHEN ON JULY 4th? HAHAHA! WTF LOL!111 one1

It's called moving on. Being just a believer doesn't cut it anymore, you need to be a thinking believer.

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 13, 2004, 7:39 am
quote:Originally posted by BMF[quote]Originally posted by Leo Da LunerfoxWhen I was back in Hong Kong, we would regularly get 10+ pieces of hw that are all due by tomorrow(This is in third grade) , and here, people whine when they get ANY homework at all.

Yes, BMP, I was BORN in Hong Kong, RAISED in Hong Kong, and was EDUCATED in Hong Kong. And just like you, I'm not American either, so I do know what I'm talking about. And I specifially said that the colleges here are just fine, its just that everything below it does not match up with how much infomation they cram you with in Asian Countries. Next time, make sure you edit out my quotes so there isn't a big glaring contradiction right in the middle of it.

Aquarius
December 13, 2004, 9:44 am
quote:Originally posted by BMFBecause Americans forced them out.
ROTFL! No, Americans (and especially US army) forced nobody out of Poland. Nor in 1989 (when we were setting ourselves free), nor later.

And you know what? THANKS GOD. I really wouldn't like to be "set free" by American army like people in Iraq.

Of course Polish people got a lot of support from people from many western countries, and I appreciate that.

ClanKwH
December 13, 2004, 12:46 pm
Well after all that i heard now whole america is one big pile of dump :)

palloco
December 13, 2004, 1:29 pm
Well Aquarius. Tell me what would you have liked more.
Being freed(set free, is this word correct?) by USA or by USSR?
Being freed by France/England or by USA?

The last steps of Nazi army were fighting the Soviet Army and surrendering to the other allies. I wonder why.
People tried to escape from Oriental Germany to Occidental Germany but never the contrary. I wonder why.
England and France (the western countries which seem to have helped Poland a lot) promised Poland that they would neither be conquered by Germany nor being controlled by other nations, because they would have done everything against this happening. I wonder why had this happened.
"Communist" raids were stopped in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan... provoking a shortage of expansion needed for the communism to survive(because communism cant survive for long unless it is implanted in the whole world). I wonder who might have stopped them.
I wonder what could have happened if there were no opposition.
I wonder who had freed France, Western Germany, Italy, Japan...

Aquarius
December 13, 2004, 2:08 pm
Did I say something about France, Western Germany, Italy or Japan? USA and England didn't freed Poland during II WW, nor later. But they left Poland (and many other countries) in hands of Stalin after WW2 in Jalta. Maybe it was neccesery... But Polish people have freed themselves when the soviet block was weak enough to do this. And Poland was the first country in Europe in the soviet block which freed itself - without a single shot. I think it required much more courage and common sense than dropping intelligent bombs on goat-herds in Afghanistan. BTW... today is the 23 anniversary of enforcementing a state of martial law in Poland.

DeMonIc
December 13, 2004, 2:47 pm
I'm not a history wiz, but when the Allies "saved" us, they took 70% of our national treasury.(gold)Thanks.

BManx2000
December 13, 2004, 2:49 pm
Only BMF could turn a thread about a 10 year old girl with scissors who got arrested to a thread about poland.

b00stA
December 13, 2004, 4:45 pm
It's funny how everybody is taking sides
"dude that's normal the grrl sure was nuts anyway"
"wtf is going in w/ ur country LOL weird eduaction"

palloco
December 13, 2004, 5:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcI'm not a history wiz, but when the Allies "saved" us, they took 70% of our national treasury.(gold)Thanks.

The allies in Hungary were soviets and nobody else. And they did not "saved" your nation, the captured it because it collaborated with Germany. Thank you for your support
Poland did not free itself because it had nothing to free from. USSR was already down.

SuperKill
December 13, 2004, 5:24 pm
ROFL bmanx!

DeMonIc
December 13, 2004, 5:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by pallocoquote:Originally posted by DeMonIcI'm not a history wiz, but when the Allies "saved" us, they took 70% of our national treasury.(gold)Thanks.

The allies in Hungary were soviets and nobody else. And they did not "saved" your nation, the captured it because it collaborated with Germany. Thank you for your support
Poland did not free itself because it had nothing to free from. USSR was already down.

Did I say our allies freed us?I mean't the allied nations against the 3rd empire.And think a bit: we didn't really have much of a choice when we chose sides :\

Aquarius
December 13, 2004, 5:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by palloco[quote][i]Poland did not free itself because it had nothing to free from. USSR was already down.
LOL. No, in '89 USSR wasn't down yet. Read your history book again. And there were many Soviet military bases placed in Poland. The last Russian soldier left in '93, if I remember correctly. Besides anyone who has 5000 nuclear bombs is always dangerous.

The Geologist
December 13, 2004, 5:37 pm
Way to stay on topic people. No need to bring politics or patriotism into this BMF (seeing as how they have nothing to do with the problem at hand). It seems like all you can do sometimes is hold things the US has done over other peoples heads and act like they should bow down and kiss your ass. I find it ammusing that you turn around and make a similar kind of blanket statement/assumption about the Israeli system that SK makes abot the American system. Real big of ya..

Anyhow...maybe you weren't reading either? It's been stated multiple times...they were scissors with eight inch blades. Not the plastic kind, but metal. She supposedly didn't hurt anyone, and the only problem was that she had these scissors in her backpack. Havn't heard anything about a history of violent acts yet from the various news stories I've seen/read (doesn't mean she didn't have one), but if there was a past history then the schools actions were even more justified than they were to begin with. While it might not have been pretty, it needed to be done...it's the reason why they have weapons policies like that in place.

SuperKill
December 13, 2004, 5:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMFSuperkill, you read an article on CNN, and from that article you go to judge the entire US educational system. Good job man, you show us how good the Israeli system is. They don't teach their students to check some simple facts, before making a judgement.

look who's talking. a person who's his whole (mostly) country judges another country by what they see in CNN.
actually, i can diverse your whole reply against you or any average citizen in USA and it would perfectly make sense. lets try:

BMF, you read an article on CNN, and from that article you go to judge the entire Israeli govermental system. Good job man, you show us how good the American system is. They don't teach their students to check some simple facts, before making a judgement.

not only verbally right, but actual aswell.

..but why dragging the subject ?..

palloco
December 13, 2004, 6:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcDid I say our allies freed us?I mean't the allied nations against the 3rd empire.And think a bit: we didn't really have much of a choice when we chose sides :
Why do you say this? Did I say the contrary?

USSR was down after being defeated in Afghanistan.The whole economy was going down as well as the army and therefore the country was down.
Dont tell me that Poland feared that USSR could use nuclear bombs on Poland because that is stupid.

Aquarius
December 13, 2004, 7:16 pm
If you don't understand that messing with USSR in late 80s was risky, no matter how much their economy was down, I can't help you. Also you have to remember that Polish communists owned Polish army, militia and zomo (a "special" militial units, known from brutality), which killed over 100 people and put thousands of others into prisons during the state of martial law a few years before. And thousands of others had to left the country. And no, you just can not ignore someone who has nuclear bombs and who owned you for 40 years.

Michal
December 13, 2004, 9:51 pm
The Pope and Solidarity got rid of the communists.
[URL]

palloco
December 13, 2004, 10:07 pm
It was so risky that Gorvachev announced that countries in the Warsaw Pact were free to decide on their own futures. It was so risky as winning elections

Aquarius
December 13, 2004, 10:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by pallocoIt was so risky that Gorvachev announced that countries in the Warsaw Pact were free to decide on their own futures.

ROTFL. But it was _after_ the elections in Poland. If he would say it before the elections, it would mean anything. He had to annouce it because another countries started to separate from the soviet block too. You are proving my point, Polish people freed themselves without a single shot.

BMF
December 13, 2004, 11:22 pm
Ok enough of this cretinism, now I am being serious.

I do not think that one arrest of a 10 year old girl would reflect an entire educational system in USA. And I pointed that out to you Superkill, and I am sure that the educational system in Israel is probably good (never been there, so I won't make any judgements.)

And to answer you Aquarius, if it was not for USA there is a strong possiblity half the world would be under the Soviet control right now. Americans stopped Soviet advance in WWII, and then engaged in a 50 year old arms race, when USSR finally collapsed for economic reasons. Right at that time Polish people "freed themselves" because the Soviet Union suddenly "weakened" for no apparent reasons. You need to face the facts here, nobody forced the Soviets out of Poland. But you guys could have elections only after a major economic crisis in USSR that resulted in the collapse of the Union in 1991.
I mean don't you find it interesting that Germans are the rest of Eastern Europe suddenly liberated themselves in the late 80s? If you want to turn a blind eye, that's fine. But sometimes you need to take a step back and understand what happened.

karmazon
December 13, 2004, 11:42 pm
BMF, do you really believe in what you're saying, or do you just say that to..I don't know, but please stop.

BMF
December 13, 2004, 11:49 pm
huh?

Aquarius
December 13, 2004, 11:59 pm
quote:And to answer you Aquarius, if it was not for USA there is a strong possiblity half the world would be under the Soviet control right now. Americans stopped Soviet advance in WWII, and then engaged in a 50 year old arms race, when USSR finally collapsed for economic reasons. Right at that time Polish people "freed themselves" because the Soviet Union suddenly "weakened" for no apparent reasons. You need to face the facts here, nobody forced the Soviets out of Poland. But you guys could have elections only after a major economic crisis in USSR that resulted in the collapse of the Union in 1991.
I mean don't you find it interesting that Germans are the rest of Eastern Europe suddenly liberated themselves in the late 80s? If you want to turn a blind eye, that's fine. But sometimes you need to take a step back and understand what happened.I'll only say that I partially agree, but there were _many_ factors, which caused the collapse. It wasn't like a single battle between evil and good. USA was a major player on the good side, but not the only one. And if we wouldn't free ourselves, nobody would do it for us. Look at Belarus.

BMF
December 14, 2004, 12:36 am
lol Belarus is free man. That's how they want to live, under Lukashenko. Nothing anybody can do about it, i mean they made their choice =)

SuperKill
December 14, 2004, 1:31 am
quote:Originally posted by BMFI do not think that one arrest of a 10 year old girl would reflect an entire educational system in USA. And I pointed that out to you Superkill, and I am sure that the educational system in Israel is probably good (never been there, so I won't make any judgements.)
now that you put it this way it makes more sense.
anyway, i was dissing USA's education system not because of the arrest, but because of the transfer of the little girl to a special education school, just cuz she brought scissors that were found in her bag during a search in all of the children's bags, and she didnt even threat anyone with it.
potential danger or not, she didnt do it.. by your country's standarts it may be a reason for an arrest but its completley retarded to send her away to a special education school.

if she have a nasty background (dude come on) or not - that we'll probably never know. but its still a story that reached very far to alot of media systems allover the world, that's why i'm not comparing it to anyday's-CNN-story-bullcrap.

i could be wrong to diss the entire education system, maybe it was just an uptight asshole that decided to send the girl to a special school. if that's the case then you can allow yourself to change my words into "that person is messed up".

LumpyFerret
December 14, 2004, 2:11 am
i use my scissors to chop up dope..

and cut off little girls heads!

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 14, 2004, 6:33 am
well, now that we're done with this topic being discussed to the moon....lets move on

Unlucky 13
December 14, 2004, 7:18 am
OMFG, America is so [IMAGE]! Quick! Pass the scissors so I can kill somebody at the age of 10!

DT
December 14, 2004, 4:54 pm
more deadly then knifes... the scissors
two blades one stab

koil
December 14, 2004, 7:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMFOk enough of this cretinism, now I am being serious.

I do not think that one arrest of a 10 year old girl would reflect an entire educational system in USA.

only buffons thinks otherwise.. *looks at some SF'ers*

quote:And I pointed that out to you Superkill, and I am sure that the educational system in Israel is probably good (never been there, so I won't make any judgements

hah. what the hell are you talking about?
maybe on uni's and collage's.. but elementry/high school? not on this life time.

infact, you can say its worse then USA's. or as worse. whatever you prefer :"}.

quote:Originally posted by BMF
And to answer you Aquarius, if it was not for USA there is a strong possiblity half the world would be under the Soviet control right now.

dont underestimate usa. west+east europe could never dealt the nazi's withount them/you.

quote:Originally posted by BMF
Americans stopped Soviet advance in WWII, and then engaged in a 50 year old arms race, when USSR finally collapsed for economic reasons. Right at that time Polish people "freed themselves" because the Soviet Union suddenly "weakened" for no apparent reasons. You need to face the facts here, nobody forced the Soviets out of Poland. But you guys could have elections only after a major economic crisis in USSR that resulted in the collapse of the Union in 1991.
I mean don't you find it interesting that Germans are the rest of Eastern Europe suddenly liberated themselves in the late 80s? If you want to turn a blind eye, that's fine. But sometimes you need to take a step back and understand what happened.

yes. instead of a nice appreciation, and some respect, most of the euro-trash'ers in here critizise you.
as the [IMAGE]er said right above me, if you want to dig your head on the sand, go ahead. good thing we have a REAL country, who doesnt let "outraged" religious to scare them off.

well then, just so you guys know it, most, if not all of israel population, is in favor of the US of A.
you may have pissed us off a couple of times, but you saved our butt a countless times.

this post was written by a sleepy man. all innocent words were not harmed in this scene, and we apologize for any spelling error.

koil
December 14, 2004, 7:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13OMFG, America is so [IMAGE]! Quick! Pass the scissors so I can kill somebody at the age of 10!

yep, youre defently 13.

*switchs topic*
anybody had the chance to pay a visit on greenland? or fiji? :P :) :D :> :] i'm running out of smileys :DPS SDALDAS:> <3

The Geologist
December 14, 2004, 9:00 pm
Bah...I'd love to visit those places ^_^ So many areas around the world that have the most interesting geology...

Michal
December 14, 2004, 9:06 pm
I gotta make a mod...
8 inch scissors to replace the combat knife XD

DT
December 14, 2004, 10:33 pm
and many other school supplys replaceing the guns

Unlucky 13
December 14, 2004, 11:13 pm
quote:

yep, youre defently 13.

Yep nice guess, I am proud too :D
And bored! I GOT HOLIDAYS AND I GOT NOTHING TO DO!

LumpyFerret
December 15, 2004, 12:29 am
i was 10 once..

i stabbed 10 people.

it has spawned a birthday tradition

DT
December 15, 2004, 1:16 am
you still are 10

peemonkey
December 15, 2004, 1:20 am
how old am i?

The Geologist