( search forums )
soldat lounge
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
paramud
December 12, 2004, 7:43 pm
not the soldat forums lounge, but a soldat lounge. its just a place where players can hang out, talk and crap like that. but its filled with colliders so people cant kill, except for a place thats a shooting range-type place. ofcourse im not gonna make this since i suck at mapping, but its free for making :)

b00stA
December 12, 2004, 8:07 pm
I've thought of this before (because of the lost "Gathering" mode for Black&White) and it might turn out nice.

Now, let's watch the average forum member trample on this idea.

Skate4Razors
December 12, 2004, 8:21 pm
Trample, lol. I think it's a great idea, but there'd be a lot of people banned. Try making the map :D

paramud
December 12, 2004, 8:36 pm
can't i suck at map making. my maps make britney spears look good *sigh*

The Geologist
December 12, 2004, 8:49 pm
Umm...are you putting yourself down, or are you asking it you can suck at map making? Anyhow, it seems like an interesting idea, but as has been suggested...I think a lot of people would kill each other anyway. Good idea, bad idea..

STEELIX
December 12, 2004, 9:19 pm
heh, in another game i used to play online there were certain hotel levels... i think the game was call jazz whackrabbit or something like that.
anyway, there was a hanging out spot and a fighting spot in one level...

Vijchtidoodah
December 12, 2004, 9:24 pm
It could work, but all of the weapons would have to be turned off, and even then people could go around punching eachother.

But who would want to do that when they can just talk on the forums? Unless, of course, they wanted instant chat instead of having to wait...hmmm....

I would definitely make it if enough people wanted it and we found a good server to host it...otherwise it's just a waste of time.

Edit: Wait a minute, why not just use one of the fighting maps? It's not like it has to be anything special.

paramud
December 12, 2004, 9:48 pm
*sigh*
quote:Originally posted by paramudbut its filled with colliders so people cant kill

The Geologist
December 12, 2004, 10:04 pm
*sigh*

Spare us the dramatics...so what if there are colliders? You could still easily kill someone. Just take out the knife and stab them to death. If you want to get dramatic about it make the map yourself. Otherwise keep the sighing to yourself. It's a good idea, so don't get worked up about people pointing out very plausible problems with it.

Alamo
December 12, 2004, 10:08 pm
... Why would we need such a thing? We have the Forums and IRC... But hey, why not.

Vijchtidoodah
December 12, 2004, 10:55 pm
Paramud, there is a severely low limit to the number of colliders that you can place in a map, but it doesn't matter anyways because someone with an m79 or law can blow the crap out of the people around him. And if weapons are disabled, you can still punch through colliders.

The best option would be just to ban whoever attempts to hurt another person.

Captain RibMan
December 12, 2004, 11:08 pm
This is like the habbo hotel, but the whole place would be filled with words

Elephant_Hunter
December 13, 2004, 12:11 am
Would there be just one lobby?

Who would host?

What map would we use? (It would have to be huge)

Why not just have a main chat room?

dr dragon
December 13, 2004, 12:13 am
Put this in Game Improvements, paramud! They could actually make a new mode about it, but only played online!

paramud
December 13, 2004, 12:21 am
LISTEN, THIS IS NOT A GAME IMPROVEMENT. its a map just for lounging about. jesus christ.

hypno
January 3, 2005, 9:41 am
yeah listen to the man

Avarax
January 3, 2005, 12:29 pm
u mean like some bar where people can chat ingame and so on?
that would be awesome!!!!11 i will go for it and try mapping it ;)

MOFO NOFO
January 5, 2005, 4:39 pm
i miht try mapping it too, AFTER i map my next soldat movie :S

Avarax
January 5, 2005, 6:49 pm
hm, its too hard to do that, ill try again later :P

MOFO NOFO
January 6, 2005, 12:24 pm
Hey peoplez, ive started on it, (no pics yet, cuz its still IN PROGRESS) but heres what ive made:
Bar,
Disco Dance Floor,
and Fun Arena[you shoot nades at each other]

ive made 12 health pax located in dance area and otha areas i will soon add, i havent put healths in bar or fun arena, because people will be fighting.
spawn points at bar.

SOON TO ADD:
Stationary gun fighting arena,
Luv Shack(with hookers lol(yes, hookers))

EDIT: who would host it after i make it, because it may have to be on ALL DAY, or mabye abit less..

Will
January 6, 2005, 2:24 pm
lol, mounds interesting....

(oops ROFL! sounds*)

chakapoko maker
January 6, 2005, 3:22 pm
i have been making a pub map. i made a scenery set for this kind of idea before but i will not use it. the map is inf. no fight pub can't be hosted by any of server admins. it's a fact. so i think a playable map featured with pub would be good to make. and the current points of the map for me is 300/10. needs more time.

MOFO NOFO
January 6, 2005, 3:40 pm
this is easy sorta to make, but its like a chat room, but if you dont like the person..

EXAMPLE:
MOFO NOFO: Hey pplz
Weirdnoob:Hi F%$K FACE
(remember that spawns are in bar)
MOFO NOFO: WTF DID YOU SAY
weirdnoob: Nofin..
MOFO NOFO: ^#$% U
weirnnoob: HAHA U CANT DO NOTHING ABOUT IT, BECAUSE THIS IS A CHAT MAP.
MOFO NOFO: i made da map, and you happen to be in the bar..
weirdnoob: so
*MOFO NOFO beats up the weirdnoob*
*weirdnoob spawns*
*beats him up again*
*repeats*
MOFO NOFO: HAHAAH noob..

... there

Holy cr@p.. i just found a glitch in my spawn place.. noobs could spawn kill you, mabye ill change spawn place to somewhere with health pax...

Melba
January 8, 2005, 4:55 pm
YEY LIEK A SOLDAT COKE MUSIC :DD

just without the music :Q

paramud
January 8, 2005, 10:05 pm
but what about the mp3/m3u/wkj player thingamobobber?

MOFO NOFO
January 9, 2005, 9:46 am
well, if u have a rege ver u can play mp3s =)

Vijchtidoodah
January 9, 2005, 10:01 am
I would like to see this idea come to fruition, but only after Michal has worked out a way to make in-game private messages and messages only to people within a limited vicinity.

That way, you can get all of your buddies together individually, and then chat with them without the hassle of having your conversation split up by the messages from every other player in that server. You could also then just mosey from group to group in order to find the most interesting one.

MOFO NOFO
January 10, 2005, 1:19 am
wel, anyhow, im still makein my movie maps.. but after ive done EVERYthing about my movie.. then i may continue..

Melba
January 10, 2005, 2:46 pm
paramud and MOFO_NOFO, clearly you havent played coke music.

STEELIX
January 10, 2005, 3:58 pm
hmmm... sounds a bit like social poison's soldat bar thread, but ingame?

MOFO NOFO
January 10, 2005, 6:13 pm
no i havent, but ive been on the site XD

Avarax
January 12, 2005, 9:36 pm
hm, here is a preview screen of my "lounge" try, a balcony with some chairs and the park area. there are also toilets, a bar, a gym with trampolin and a boxing ring ;Q, a dance floor and manymore ;Q

[IMAGE]

grand_diablo
January 12, 2005, 9:55 pm
I cansee it coming, one day someone will make a Soldat City Map, and people start playing Habbo hotel with Soldat :p

looks nice, Avarax

MOFO NOFO
January 13, 2005, 9:53 am
updates: 3 floors of fun :)
disco dance floor WITH A DISCO BALL!!
nade fight arena...
=making something for 4th floor, NEED IDEAS=

The Geologist
January 13, 2005, 10:02 am
How about some screen shots of your updates? Telling us one floor has a disco ball does little to hold any interest.

Deleted User
January 13, 2005, 6:13 pm
i know!! u make a place..i mean a room..whit a machine gun in and a bit away u make a half-wall *?* and set a health spawn or something then they can try to shot down the health box

maybe boring after a while :D

hmm...if an ''accident'' happens..maybe some place where generate health?

Liber_Lupus
January 13, 2005, 6:41 pm
Don't forget to make it look pretty

Deleted User
January 13, 2005, 6:53 pm
oh....when is it ready?? i just must have it!!

-oh MOFO! my god bring us the map...ect ect...
;D

MOFO NOFO
January 13, 2005, 9:17 pm
ok.. ( il post screens l8a today) ive added the nade arena in a hole that you have to jump into, then you can fight (no escape :)) and this should be played in dm, because everyone will look the same if it wasnt!!! umm.. oh yes.. i didnt say the WHOLE floor was fr 1 discoballl :S, i ment in the disco room.. ive added stools to the bar, and im thinking about another 'killing' game.. mabye a hole that leads to stationary guns :P ( im up for more ideas :))

STEELIX
January 13, 2005, 10:25 pm
A trampoline spot, with the newly "discovered" jumping pads =)

MOFO NOFO
January 14, 2005, 4:11 am
yeah i want those :), (p.s. how do u make em :\)

chakapoko maker
January 14, 2005, 12:49 pm
okay i made the pub. it's an ordinery type and there will be gunfight. just view it.
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=20287

Ressistance
January 14, 2005, 8:18 pm
uhm.....a pub? :?

well...i should want some screenies how the map looks right now

The Geologist
January 14, 2005, 10:52 pm
Where are those screenshots MOFO?

Ressistance
January 15, 2005, 4:31 pm
i..i..i..i'm mutating!!!! ...no...i mean...i..i..i i can't wait for the screenis! :D

Ressistance
January 15, 2005, 5:35 pm
how much have ye don on the map yet? is it much left to do?

Deleted User
January 19, 2005, 6:40 pm
...ok nothing have happend in a week....is..no it can't be!!...mofo i dead :'(

;D

The Geologist
January 19, 2005, 11:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistWhere are those screenshots MOFO?

Deleted User
January 20, 2005, 1:27 am
I've made a bar-like map before, for Heavy Gear 2. They take a very long time to make.

It took me over two weeks of working about 3 hours a day to shape the terrain (3D, mind you, by hand), place buildings, vehicles, structures, and plot ideas for the map. Not to mention placing normals, organizing the layout, and playtesting it for bugs and gameplay.

It ended up being very awesome. It had 7 different environments; Snow, Hills, Mountains, Fields, Valleys, Underwater and a desert, not to mention the several different training facilities. A sniper's field, a life-sized city to battle in, race-tracks (two of them!), a hand-to-hand combat arena, a mobility exercise (basically, a mountain with lava dripping down all sides. One wrong step, kaboom), and an execution pit, for disobedient folk.

.. but yes, I got off on a tangent. Point is, it can take some serious time to make a (good!) map, so let the man breath, why doncha.

Deleted User
January 20, 2005, 1:25 pm
......its a soldat map! *i guess u made the map reealy good ...for wot game?

Well ye he may need some time but he can atleast take 1/2 screenies so we can see the disco ball !! :D and the others he have made....or at least tell us if he got much left ..because he did ask for som ideas for 2 weeks..i think (?)

So if he hasn't got an reealy surprise for us he would be nearly don /Done now

Deleted User
January 24, 2005, 6:33 pm
......ok?...nothing realy happens

!!!!! plz!!! why doesn't anything happens?..i want to see the disco ball! =/

paramud
February 14, 2005, 10:01 pm
..., nice bumpitude! double-postitude! too-many-things-to-add-itude. ok im done-itude

b00stA
February 15, 2005, 1:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by paramud..., nice bumpitude! double-postitude! too-many-things-to-add-itude. ok im done-itude

Will please shut-itu.. err.

Your post doesn't exactly help.