( search forums )
you wont belive this
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Chan_Fan
December 13, 2004, 1:57 am
Did you know using a laptop hurt your sperm production! I overheard it on the news, had to do with some weird kind of heat from the laptop.

BManx2000
December 13, 2004, 2:04 am
You're right, I don't believe it.

The Geologist
December 13, 2004, 2:14 am
Well, there is a bit of truth to this...if you get the area around your balls to hot, it will kill off some of the sperm being produced there. Sperm mature/thrive in a fairly narrow range of temperatures...it's why you have a sac for your nuts (so they hang away from your body and feel slightly lower temperatures than those of your body). So, naturally...making things very, very toasty down there might kill off some of your sperm. But considering the tens of thousands of sperm produced by the average male of age 16+, this really shouldn't be an issue.

FliesLikeABrick
December 13, 2004, 2:15 am
yes, it makes sense for the same reason that constricting underwear and clothes lower your sperm count. the testes are meant to be a couple degrees lower than your body temperature normally is, usually around 88-92 degrees. this is why they hang in the scrotum in the first place. notice how when it is cold your balls rise and when you are hot or comfortable they hang low :-p

higher temperatures in the testes cause spermatogenesis to act weird, resulting in retarted sperm, (two tails, two heads, none of the above etc). it isnt that you generate fewer sperm, but less functional sperm, which is what your sperm count really tells.

the reason laptops are said to be damaging to your sperm count is because most laptops give off extreme amounts of heat on the underside, especially if in contact with your body or clothing, or something else that acts as a good insulator.

that is the explanation behind it all, and it is unarguably true

Milkman Dan
December 13, 2004, 2:16 am
Keke Hitman uses a laptop

The Geologist
December 13, 2004, 2:22 am
And his children will walk in circles because of it.

Milkman Dan
December 13, 2004, 2:27 am
thats IF he can have children

Hitman
December 13, 2004, 2:30 am
[IMAGE] having Children! God, imagine having little mini versions of me running about...probably wouldn't reach the age of 2 before I'd kill them.

I would buy them the cutest little pink shirts though...like Mini Pimps..

_Mancer_
December 13, 2004, 2:35 am
Wait everyone...listen...

Why would you have your balls on a laptop????!??

Hitman
December 13, 2004, 2:37 am
Wait, everyone....listen...

Mancer is an idiot!!

Milkman Dan
December 13, 2004, 2:38 am
Hitman, thats if the government doesnt kill em first

Cookie.
December 13, 2004, 2:58 am
I heard that a while ago it was on many sources ;)
The heat from the laptop is ya know bad for your stuff lol

Chakra
December 13, 2004, 3:00 am
quote:Originally posted by Hitman[IMAGE] having Children! God, imagine having little mini versions of me running about...probably wouldn't reach the age of 2 before I'd kill them.

I would buy them the cutest little pink shirts though...like Mini Pimps..

Could make your own clan! that sucked!

Hitman
December 13, 2004, 3:24 am
Funny Scale:

Not funny | -------------- | Funny

Conclusion:

You suck.

AerialAssault
December 13, 2004, 4:39 am
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_Wait everyone...listen...

Why would you have your balls on a laptop????!??
maybe...im going out on a limb here but bear with me...perhaps your put the computer on top of your LAP?

frogboy
December 13, 2004, 4:57 am
...You're supposed to put a laptop on your lap?! OH NO, I WAS PUTTING IT ON MY FACE!

paramud
December 13, 2004, 5:18 am
some people put laptops on desks...

Milkman Dan
December 13, 2004, 5:21 am
oh noes my face is retarded

Beren
December 13, 2004, 7:46 am
I found this thread very educational, if I ever get a laptop, I'll remember to use it on my desk, or carry around a special heat-resistant blanket to use under the laptop.

_Mancer_
December 13, 2004, 1:49 pm
Oh, I thought you put a laptop on a table. Thats what I do anyway.

You guys are assholes...

DT
December 13, 2004, 3:58 pm
laptops suck

peemonkey
December 13, 2004, 5:25 pm
why would your balls be in your lap though? mine are usually below my freakishly large penis...

The Geologist
December 13, 2004, 5:39 pm
Take off the strap on and then remeasure.

LumpyFerret
December 14, 2004, 2:08 am
with all the pron on my laptop..

i think my spermcount has a good chance of increasing..

Michal
December 14, 2004, 2:21 am
Warming up the balls dosn't have any permanent effects anyway, your not planning to get anyone pregnant soon are you? ;)
So don't worry about it.

Cookie.
December 14, 2004, 3:07 am
" Warming up the balls dosn't have any permanent effects anyway"
it dosnt O_O i thought significant temperatures did meh

peemonkey
December 14, 2004, 3:15 am
so if i were lit on fire and burned to ashes, my balls would eventually heal and have a full sperm count?

EDIT: what about essentle's sperm count?

Keron Cyst
December 14, 2004, 5:00 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyso if i were lit on fire and burned to ashes, my balls would eventually heal and have a full sperm count?...
He said "warm," not "incinerate" :-P

peemonkey
December 14, 2004, 6:31 am
'warm' is a matter of personal opinion

Unlucky 13
December 14, 2004, 7:23 am
Yeah, they die instantly in heat, but thats a few anyway, not all! Like duh!
Or if you had too hot a shower, you'd loose your future kids!

Deleted User
December 14, 2004, 9:02 am
Actually, sustained temperatures damage the tissues required to produce sperm. After prolonged exposure to heat, eventually you're unable to produce effective sperm.

In other words, permanent damage is possible. Did you know that shampoo has mercury in it, the 3rd most lethal poison to humans? Go figure.

So do vaccines, and even shoes.

Also, when vaccines were first introduced, the very first case of autism was reported, and only now have they realized that vaccines cause permanent brain damage.

In other words, if you've ever had a vaccine shot, you've had mercury in your bloodstream, and in some way or another, you are mentally damaged.

peemonkey
December 14, 2004, 9:18 am
mercury does not automatically equal brain damage. you have it in your bloodstream anyway. OMG! I ATE FISH! IM GONNA [IMAGE]ING DIE!!!