( search forums )
Nostalgia...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Svirin Kerath
December 13, 2004, 3:51 am
this is kinda weird, but as my mind seems to be working on a different frequency today, hell, i'll just go with it.

i remember my pre-net days... when all i had was bots... (on impossible of course, not that it makes much difference). and although they were plumb-stupid, they didn't barrettard you or regard you as "HEY [IMAGE]FACE I KILLED YOU HAHA!!1!!1!!!11111!1 PWNT LOL OMG WTF?!1/!?!?11/!?!/1!/"

*sigh* does anyone else miss those days? isn't there a kind of respectable predictability to bots that makes them more pleasant than the n00b jerks on various servers?

granted, it's fun to work with real ppl online... i mean /really/ work with them, as a team. that's so rare now, though, as most people are more concerned with getting points for themselves than for the team.

maybe i'm alone, but i thought part of team play was to work together to achieve a common goal. am i wrong? am i the only guy who would nade himself to protect his flag/teammates, despite that fact that i'm committing suicide (in game of course)?

now that i'm off the net till christmas, i've rediscovered the bots. the 1.2.1 bots seem different somehow. they're less fun than they used to be. i dunno. maybe i'm just crazy.

anyone else feel the same way?

Cookie.
December 13, 2004, 4:38 am
well tdm you must work as a team and ctf i find inf is less about teamwork at least ive found that..
try joining a clan they are often more involved in team play

_Mancer_
December 13, 2004, 1:54 pm
Getting in a good ctf clan usually has a lot of teamwork in it.

Svirin Kerath
December 13, 2004, 9:04 pm
a clan sounds fun.maybe come summer i'll get involved. come X-mas, i'll only be on for a week, if that.

Ravey
December 13, 2004, 9:23 pm
Well, if you want to start up a clan... I have a decent server for clan wars. I'm working on some custom maps for it. :P

Svirin Kerath
December 13, 2004, 10:24 pm
if this is gonna turn into a clan discussion, we should take it to another board. =)

lastpatriot
December 20, 2004, 12:47 am
I think we have all experienced this: You get the flag, you run, you see someone, thinking "Thank God, someone can flank me, so I can get back to the base." They go back up, to look for the flag. You get shot. They get shot. Flag returns. And then, when some people get killed while unprotected, they say "OMG!?!?! HW COM NOBODY WUZ PROTECTING ME?!?!?!"

Svirin Kerath
December 20, 2004, 9:21 pm
tell me about it, LP. buncha selfish tards.

Judge_Man
December 21, 2004, 6:10 am
Yeah, most people are selfish and just want pts. for themselves. Well, IMO, it's because people just don't f**king mind or they are just stupid...WE WANT SOME TEAM SPIRIT!!!

Too many times i've been unprotected.

Too many times i've died and the guy near me don't rush to get the flag i was holding because he MAY die. (well thats not really related to topic but heh, its damn frustrating)

Rhombus
December 21, 2004, 3:38 pm
well actually what you said about nadin... I do that... and it makes me feel good :) sometimes i even hide behind some boxes, get out my law and just as 2 enemies pass me I shoot the floor

Unlucky 13
December 22, 2004, 1:24 am
I boost the flagger with my LAW at Point Blank, is that the same?
Anyway, I hate it when someone is stuffing around when you are trying to take the flag home, like you ask for protection and they are like "Protect yourself, you ain't no use to us!". And when you wanna drop the flag for a kill, no one takes it, but when someone dies and you get the flag from them it's like "Give it back or I'll call a vot against you!". The only exception to these rules are clans and family... *sigh* my bro saved me today on it, he got blasted by a LAW and I captured... teamwork at its best!

wormdundee
December 22, 2004, 1:29 am
stupid people always do that, they refuse to do anything helpful the entire match

o and another thing, im about 10 feet or so away from the flag, and then some retard chucks a nade at me because he cant tell im on his team (i mean, after all, im holding a flag of the other colour...[IMAGE]stick), thus blowing me backwards halfway across the map getting me killed, the flag returned and then we lose

i hate people

Svirin Kerath
December 22, 2004, 10:12 pm
heh. people can be pretty damn stupid..

LazehBoi
December 22, 2004, 10:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by Svirin Kerathheh. people can be pretty damn stupid..

Hahahahaha. That's so ironic.

What I really hate is when I die with the flag, it drops down next to a camper, and yet he just still lies down there waiting, not even bothering to touch the flag.

Svirin Kerath
December 24, 2004, 2:18 am
how is it ironic..?

HEY!

yamogogy
December 24, 2004, 5:53 pm
yea there should be some more team work involved.

CamBot
December 24, 2004, 11:37 pm
*sigh* games full of guys that care for the teams sake is a really fun game.

Svirin Kerath
December 25, 2004, 1:23 am
i actually played on a decent team.. actually, we were all decent. i was impressed. i saw someone who looked red and shot him dead (just as i entered the server), but it turns out he was on my team (blue) and was just covered in blood. FF was on. so he shot me back. we quickly called a truce and that was that. we apologized whenever we did hit each other. the people on the other team were also curteous.. and they were losing! i was so happy, and having so much fun.. ^_^

then there was one server where this idjit on my team, even tho FF was off, kept shooting me. e.e

the latter are much more common.

Deleted User
December 25, 2004, 9:22 am
I ALLWAYS follow the guy with the flag back to base and stay with him until the flag is captured of lost.
I <3 teamwork, if only it would happen more often :'(

Vijchtidoodah
December 25, 2004, 9:30 am
Wow, svirin, that's really rare. It's good to know that there are still some mature players out there.

Although, it was probably me who was tk'ing you. I always forget that it's on. :) :)

Svirin Kerath
December 25, 2004, 6:21 pm
lol ^_^
yeah, me too >>.. *cough*
but it is rare. i'm very happy that i got so lucky. ^_^
hope to see more of the same, and hope for that for all of you, too!

mar77a
December 25, 2004, 8:07 pm
I get pissed when like 3 ppl are waiting at the flag spawn point for the flag beeing returned, instead helping the flag carrier...

Morik
December 26, 2004, 1:23 am
I was at this team deathmatch (heh i wanna say slayer...been playin too much halo2) and it was amazing teamwork. The only 2 weapons were sniper and barrett. There was one guy who was the "leader". He would tell us "everyone get out thier barrett...wait for my signal...now!" we would all launch barretts and kill like 3-4 people on the other team...teamwork at its best. It was a more tactical side of soldat, reminded me of counterstrike in a way.

Svirin Kerath
December 26, 2004, 3:30 am
that's awesome. reminds me of my n00b brigade back during summer. good times. good times.

Azalraku
December 27, 2004, 4:09 am
i live for the more tactical games. but alas, all i can find is my own team huddled like a bunch of penguins in a corner. is there a special word i can use to substitute for 'idiot'?

Svirin Kerath
December 27, 2004, 12:21 pm
don't bother. just call them idiots.

Rhombus
December 27, 2004, 6:09 pm
moron? cuddling gays? a bush made oud of [IMAGE]heads instead of leaves? srry for cursing styx

Azalraku
December 27, 2004, 10:09 pm
i mean, i ever acted like that when i was a noob (i still kind of am), i can only assume that they have some kind of sick fetish for pissing others off.

Morik
December 28, 2004, 5:36 pm
I have always been agressive and rush in as fast as possible taking as many as i can with me. and, hey, it usually works. At least im not camping. usually i get the flag, or try and protect the guy who does. every once in awhile i find a camper and, just messing around, start shooting him with a socom to get him moving...

NemoNobody
December 28, 2004, 8:33 pm
the thing that pisses me off the most is when you're just getting home on the last of your jets, and some tard on your team is sitting by the flag with a minigun, just spraying...knocking you backwards into the chasing enemies -_-

deep hayte for idiots and votekick spammers

Futile
December 28, 2004, 8:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by Svirin Kerath[...]
maybe i'm alone, but i thought part of team play was to work together to achieve a common goal. am i wrong? am i the only guy who would nade himself to protect his flag/teammates, despite that fact that i'm committing suicide (in game of course)?

[...]

Nah, you're not alone. I'm such lousy aimer that I developed this special technique I like to call CFotCM - short for "crimson fury of the cinder meatsack". ;-)

I'm the guy who's always in the line of fire when a sniper is trying to take out the flag-carrier.

I'm the dumb ass that drops from the ceiling just in time to catch the knife - thrown at my reloading comrade - in my chest, since he would stand a greater chance than me at the coming battle.

I am the guy who make bull rushes against a ruger to keep the [IMAGE]er occupied while my team sneaks under him.

And I'm not alone either - lots of people has understood that there's no "I" in "team".

Just got to find the right servers. *cough* http://soldat.emanon.nu/ *cough*

Svirin Kerath
December 28, 2004, 8:46 pm
Nemo, it really sucks when it's your server, cause they bounce you even /farther/ back. stupid bug.

I seem to have solved a little bit of a problem.. i started playing with a really good friend of mine. we work well together, but as he's still a bit of a newbie, we just play against bots. i'll keep doing that till he's ready for a real server. but it's lots of fun. he's not concerned with winning or getting points, just in having fun, and that's the sole reason he plays it. that makes it fun for me too.

so i suggest this! get a good friend into it and play with them. it's lots of fun.

your post came up after i started replying, futile... i have to say the game needs more players like you. but i'm sure you could practice you aiming a little bit more, so you can fight back. it's one thing to be a meat sack, it's another to be a fighting meat sack ;)

Roy
December 29, 2004, 9:26 pm
I always try and cover my team-mates backs during team games. If I spot our flag-carrier, I'll run with him to provide cover or clear the area ahead. Then I'll try and stay close by him to provide a human shield against barrets and whatnot. I try and keep my team informed of where I see an enemy flagger moving to. And I usually try and wait a few seconds for my fellow team-mates before assaulting a flag. Of course, when you're playing online against people you've never even met before, that's about as far as teamwork can go.

Unfortunately, I have something of a "cowboy attitude." Most of the time I just go barrelling in as fast as I can (it's amazing how high you can fly after you jump-accellerate up a hill) kill everyone who gets in my way, and make a mad escaping dash back to home base. I seem to have a talent for being smack in the middle of 3 or 4 enemies and escaping alive, which makes me great for returning out flag. :D

Is there anyone on Soldat who uses those 3rd-party internet voice chat programs? That would help coordination tremendously.

Ingmar
January 1, 2005, 12:00 am
I use 3rd part voice chat. I wanted to use TeamSpeak on dyn.u13.net but noone's actually using it except me. :(

Svirin Kerath
January 4, 2005, 9:43 pm
hn. that sounds interesting... might be fun to use..

Futile
January 7, 2005, 9:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by IngmarI use 3rd part voice chat. I wanted to use TeamSpeak on dyn.u13.net but noone's actually using it except me. :(

Hahaha! Yes, I remember this. I d/l:ed and installed the TeamSpeak prog, to use when playing on my private dedicated. It didn't quite work out though, 'cause my computer's built-in soundcard couldn't handle input and output simultaneously! xD

If I said one word into the microphone - while the sound was on - my entire computer frooze. *laughs*

MOFO NOFO
January 7, 2005, 10:11 pm
i act like a bot, i follow flaggers to the base... and kill for them.. then when i get the flag... 10 seconds... im dead cause everyone is at the base waitn for me