( search forums )
Black and White
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Blackdeath
December 13, 2004, 4:34 am
Well I was just watching some of the old Combat! shows today and got to thinking; what if there was a function, say called nostalgic, where one could choose to have the game display in black and white with the little disturbances in the film every so often. I don't know how well this will go over, but I think it would be a nice addition.

Vijchtidoodah
December 13, 2004, 5:45 am
Is that a possible mod idea?

Umm, I don't think it would work too well. Aside from the cool aesthetic value, it would make enemies that much harder to spot.

Marine
December 13, 2004, 6:05 am
A mode, sure. A mode I'd personally never use.....

Vijchtidoodah
December 13, 2004, 6:20 am
It would never pass for a mode, because the modes only effect gameplay.

Skate4Razors
December 13, 2004, 11:14 am
^ I agree, it would be way too hard to spot anyone. A lot of people would whine about it anyways... :/

Blackdeath
December 14, 2004, 2:13 am
well spotting the enemy wouldn't be the reason for having this it is for aesthetic value lol.

Vijchtidoodah
December 14, 2004, 2:17 am
But nobody would use it if you can't see who you're shooting at...

Jello
December 14, 2004, 2:58 am
I'd play it. Why not extend it into a full blown mod? You could have old timey muskets and revolvers, all the sound effects could be crackly like coming out of a phonograph, and you could give your charecters handlebar mustaches or fashionable drivers-goggles. Whoa. Tha'd be pretty sweet.

peemonkey
December 14, 2004, 3:11 am
ill get right on making a black and white mod.

mar77a
December 14, 2004, 12:17 pm
YEAH! BLACK AND WHITE MOD! OLD TIMES!

Can you modify the textures? So as to see the maps terrain in black and white? Maybe modifing each map...

peemonkey
December 14, 2004, 8:17 pm
but then you cant play online. and you ant be colored, you'ed have to be like, all-white or some other shade of black-to-white.
you can edit textures without having to edit maps (me thinks) but the backgrounw would have to be changed, and so would the scenery. it's just not possible to mod.

and the idea is pretty useless. i was just intrigued at the thought of a mod

Unlucky 13
December 14, 2004, 10:34 pm
And no sound, just that (crap) mussic?
NO!
EDIT
Opps, didn't leave much of a reason.
This is just a pretty effect thing, like bullet time, and it is kinda stupid.

Judge_Man
December 15, 2004, 5:46 am
.... Leave players color while everything else is black & white for your "online problem". But i dont think the "disturbances" thing would be Modable, its like a "weather" effect IMO, affecting the Whole screen

Spectral
December 15, 2004, 10:56 pm
i like this idea for a mod. have the only thing coloured as people in ctf and tdm and flags