( search forums )
Help please :/
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Liber_Lupus
December 13, 2004, 3:57 pm
I got this virus or spyware whatever.It just prints blank pages over and over. There werent any document printing showing in printer. I paused the printer. Then a yellow error appeared in tray, i dont remember exactly but it was about cant commit a task, with an adress c:\windows\prefetch\<some taskmanager file name>.pf.
I tried scanning with Ad-aware and spybot but it didnt return anything. Scanning with McAfee right now. Help is greatly appreciated.

DT
December 13, 2004, 4:14 pm
That restore system really helps but other then that.... it might not be a virus it might be some malfunction with your printer.

peemonkey
December 13, 2004, 5:14 pm
unplug your printer till you find out. if you need to use it, tough. at least you might be able to use it later if you unplug it now. *just advice*

Liber_Lupus
December 13, 2004, 5:49 pm
yea i've let it print for hours, thanks for the advice man.

FliesLikeABrick
December 13, 2004, 7:02 pm
if you think it is a virus or spyware, DO NOT USE SYSTEM RESTORE. System restore is intended to fix problems with driver conflicts and other software related issues. 99% of the time when people use system restore on viruses and spyware, their computer gets completely and utterly fubarred

peemonkey
December 13, 2004, 8:57 pm
fine the ll...:'(

mar77a
December 13, 2004, 9:27 pm
"System File Checker"?

Vijchtidoodah
December 13, 2004, 9:30 pm
Sometimes the printers just get [IMAGE]ed up. Delete the current job, shut it down, unplug it from your computer, then plug it back in and turn it on.

If that doesn't work, then repeat above but unplug the powercord too.

Liber_Lupus
December 14, 2004, 2:49 pm
It's not the printer fault damn it. I accidentaly clicked on a [IMAGE]ty .exe file. Gah -.-. Anyway, theres no current printer job so i cant delete it.

palloco
December 14, 2004, 3:03 pm
Control alt supr and stop all processes but explorer and systray. If the problem stops check which of the processes was and erase it. If you can't erase it try another antivirus like avg or antivir. If still nothing send the file to an antivirus company.
If it does not appear in the processses press f8 at startup and boot in safe mode. What happens there?

BMF
December 14, 2004, 3:30 pm
DISABLE THE SYSTEM RESTORE ONCE AND FOR ALL

I am too lazy to explain why, but do it

Liber_Lupus
December 14, 2004, 3:34 pm
Problem is solved. Mods can lock this.