( search forums )
Worst yet...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Jaz
December 13, 2004, 11:03 pm
I think this is the worst version of soldat as of yet. It doesnt feel as smooth, over powered weapons, uneeded things like bullet time ( who asked for that? ), bink so when your getting shot in the face you cant shoot them back.....I mean, how was this needed and how did it improve soldats game play at all. in fact it made the gameplay worse. I also believe soldats gameplays speed has been increased since earlier versions...its alot easier to move fast. M79 jump is made useless because jumping and skipping is faster than it, m79 can just come from above....also the weapons started shooting alot faster, more accurate and stronger. Making soldat almost too luck involved with spraying and guess shooting etc. Changes to be made for next version I believe are:

1.No bink
2.Weaken autos
3.(new word) Deaccurize autos while there shooting in the air
4.make it not so easy for everyone to speed around the map, make soldat skilled not luck involved and cheap play by spraying etc and shooting as fast as possible......if you do this then it will become more skill involved.
5.All people do in 1v1 is wait and hope to get the first shot away because of bink...very boring play.
6.fix bullets and nades dissapearing because its annoying blowing up by invisible nades.....

Any more change ideas that are reasonable like these can be added to the list.....don't delete this as another balance topic....it needs to be discussed and it needs to be discussed fully. Or else another crap version will come out. Im not too bothered about a weapon editor but if it improves soldat in the right way im all for it.

Kazuki
December 13, 2004, 11:08 pm
=\ I really have nothing to say, except that you aren't the only one, but you also have a lot of people as your opinion's enemy.

_Mancer_
December 13, 2004, 11:16 pm
1. Yes
2. Only by a little bit.
3. No.
4. No.
5. Yeah, it is boring.
6. YES.

And my adjustments:

7. Fix the damn flag, make it so you can grab a CIRCLE around the flag instead of just the flag itself. This will prevent flag bugs, and flags being stuck in walls.

8. Bink sucks. Really, get rid of it. Just about all weapons are suffering from it. The ruger is 'binky' enough, it doesnt need it anymore.

9. Knife + basically all weapon 'stuck' bug: Whenever you have fists and you switch weapons WHILE grabbing another weapon, your weapon gets stuck and breaks. You cant fire and you cant do anything with it unless you drop it and pick it up again. Fix that plzkthx.

10. Grenade polygon shooters: Throwing nades into polys and having them dissapear then shoot out and hit you in the balls, blowing you to smitherines.

11. Selfkill Nade bug: When you top grenade to easy, it blows up and you kill yourself. Lame, make the time before it CAN explode maybe 1.0 second after you throw it.

12. Uh, bullet time is cool and all but it isnt needed.

13. The Friendly Punch thing. Its in a topic somewhere, but what it is is when you have a gun and your friendly is on top of you, so when you try to fire you gun twitchs in your hand and crap and you cant fire.

14. vehicelsll!

15. Haha, you know, the law bug still works. :)

16. #2 MUTE BUG. FIX FIX FIX.

Vijchtidoodah
December 13, 2004, 11:26 pm
Most of these requests just need tweaking:

1) It was implemented for a reason, but it's way too strong on most weapons. If we could tone it down a little it would be great. Or perhaps you have to be hit a certain number of times before it takes effect.

2)Weapon balance is fine in my opinion, I can take people or be taken out with anything regardless of what weapon I have.

3)Maybe just a little bit more than it already is.

4)The speed is fine, both two and three will take care of the random spraying.

5)The first one would take care of this.

6)Great Idea

7)Absolutely

10)That's just what happens when polygons aren't lined up correctly, it's the mapmaker's fault.

14)NO

16) Make it so that you can't get killed by someone with a barret blindly shooting from the other side of the map.

Michal's doing a great job, by the way, it's just that there's so much to be done. Take it easy and don't insult his work so much...

AerialAssault
December 13, 2004, 11:49 pm
remember what soldat was like before the bink effect? barrets everywhere...bink effect is the greatest thing to ever happen to soldat. you're all retarded.

Vijchtidoodah
December 13, 2004, 11:50 pm
It has definitely toned down the amount of barret camping, but not much.

karmazon
December 13, 2004, 11:58 pm
I always get killed by barret users while spraying them :/ Bink doesn't work for people I shoot.

Jello
December 14, 2004, 12:44 am
Bink has never effected me. I use AK, Steyer, and MP5 alot, so thats an obvius reason, but I also use Deagles at least as much, and never get screwed up by bink. Granted, I rarely use long range non autos, like barret or ruger. I just think it encourages the kind of fast paced close range gameplay that I like best about Soldat. One thing I would like, though is the old AK back. This isn't a whine post about how it's overpowered, by the way. I used to love AK, used it all the time. It fit me like a glove. But now whenever I use it I feel guilty. I rack up kills against hapless ruger users with painful speed. And I switch to Steyer after a few kills out of pure guilt. AK users for the old AK, unite!

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 14, 2004, 1:13 am
Yup, I'd like the old AK back also, and weapons are pretty balenced in my opinion (Except AK which is a little too easy)

The Geologist
December 14, 2004, 1:14 am
1) No.
2) Maybe a bit, but not much.
3) No. That's what the kick on realistic is for.
4) I don't get it...do you want people to not be able to move as fast, or to stop spraying with autos? Because you're asking for two different things here.
5) This isn't the case all the time. And even if you do get shot first, you can definately still win.
6) Yes, invisi nades are quite annoying.

Long story short: Try a new gun. I have not only seen plenty of good m79 users, but plenty of rugers and barretts. The bink can be played around if you have enough skill to do it...if you're so stuck in your ways that you refuse to use another gun I think that's your problem. I happen to agree with Aerial...before this version came out it was "[IMAGE]" about the barrett and one hit weapons in general. Now that there's a way to counteract the power of the one hit weapons, the bink is this huge problem that has ruined the game. Well, I don't buy it...the game, IMO, plays just as well if not better than before.

Just last night I watched someone own an inf match by m79 jumping/boosting his way around. He had one of the highest numbers of kills, in addition to being the only one to return the objective. So, as much as you might not like to hear it...just because you say this version is crap doesn't mean it is. There are plenty of people who like this version, and there are plenty who have the skill to play just as smoothly as they did before. It's called adaptation...you have to get used to new things. If not, you'll go the way of the dinosaurs...

Deleted User
December 14, 2004, 1:38 am
^^^ I agree entirely with The Geologist.

Deleted User
December 14, 2004, 1:47 am
quote:Originally posted by Jaz6.fix bullets and nades dissapearing because its annoying blowing up by invisible nades.....

Oh hell yeah, thats so [IMAGE]ing irritating. I didnt whine about that in that 1.2 version, but when played first time this new version I whine like 5 - 10 time in 20 minutes, yes yes it's not changing anything if I whine about that, but it's just so irritating that I can't stop whining about that.
In short version: Insivible nades sucks...

BMF
December 14, 2004, 2:40 am
This version is the most balanced one yet

Blackdeath
December 14, 2004, 3:30 am
I say we just go back to 1.1.8 and fix the packet failed error messages. Before the bink, before the bullet time before the BS. Back when you needed skillz to work an auto, and the m79 jump meant something. I also feel this version is just lacking. Come on Michal listen to your veterans this version needs a heart.

Chakra
December 14, 2004, 4:22 am
Yeah bink doesn't feel like it's welcome for most guns. Just for the barret and possibly m79 would be ideal. I've yet to 'adapt' to being good enough to garantee kills versus auto user with something like a ruger before they shoot back, so if theres any tips other than just don't get shot, i'd love to hear them.

As for your idea of 'deaccurising' autos in the air, why not just introduce recoil?

In fact, why don't more people just play real mode? Autos are still good, but you can bet your ass you can take a few with you.

lieroguy
December 14, 2004, 6:10 am
Although I was skeptical about this version before it came out, I'm agreeing with Geologist here. For as much as people whine about soldat, it's a human programmed game, it can't be perfect, and I see no major balancing flaws. Everything bad that happens to you, you can also do the same to someone else. Bink adds a touch of realism, barely harms my skill with any weapon, and is a docile way of nerfing the people who run in and fire baretts in close range. The spray 'n pray tactics is exacly what people will do in any game in any situation, if you want to nerf them then hand everyone a socom. For as "bad" as some of you guys seem to label it, it could be a whole lot worse. How many free games get this perfect?

Teh Panda
December 14, 2004, 6:15 am
I dont want to be a whiny, but make that auto thing would be nice. BUT not much for that deaccurization(wuhuu). And test it well too... !!

FliesLikeABrick
December 14, 2004, 6:26 am
yeah i want to be able to throw a rock at a soldier and knock them flat on their ass too. the version is fine stop [IMAGE]ing about the balance

DeMonIc
December 14, 2004, 6:52 am
quote:In fact, why don't more people just play real mode? Autos are still good, but you can bet your ass you can take a few with you.

I introduce to you kids, the words of enlightment, spoken by Chak.

Jaz
December 14, 2004, 12:37 pm
Example of 'perfect' balance. ( In this version )

Used m79 for 2 years, get about 25 kills and 25 deaths in a 7 person dm.

Used minimi for the first time in same serv and got 40 kills, 16 deaths.

OMG THE BALANCE IS PER-FUCT. And chakra can confirm this because he was in the same server.

palloco
December 14, 2004, 12:59 pm
Weapons have their own use in each situation. Dont make biased comparations

"Used m79 for 2 years,...Used minimi for the first time"

That shows the type of people that are complaining

frogboy
December 14, 2004, 1:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by BlackdeathI say we just go back to 1.1.8

Inventing versions now are we? ^_^

_Mancer_
December 14, 2004, 1:52 pm
Haha...haha..v ^

Anyway, just wait for 1.2.2. Im sure Michal read some of the complaints here and in other topics. And hes fixing them right now.

DT
December 14, 2004, 4:35 pm
quote:1.No bink (NO its fine)
quote:2.Weaken autos (even i must agree... Deagles just barely wins vers a auto)
quote:3.(new word) Deaccurize autos while there shooting in the air (er... no)
quote:4.make it not so easy for everyone to speed around the map, make soldat skilled not luck involved and cheap play by spraying etc and shooting as fast as possible......if you do this then it will become more skill involved. (don't make the persons slower)
quote:5.All people do in 1v1 is wait and hope to get the first shot away because of bink...very boring play.(then use a different weapon)
quote:6.fix bullets and nades dissapearing because its annoying blowing up by invisible nades.....(i think its lag...)

bucky_brad
December 14, 2004, 4:50 pm
1.no
2.no
3.no
4.no
5.no
6.no

As you can tell, I am very happy with the current version. I say just leave it all as is.

The Geologist
December 14, 2004, 8:45 pm
Answer me this...if this version is so bad, how come there are people out there who can still use the m79 without a problem? If you're so quick to run to Chakra to back you up, maybe you should follow his advice and play on a realistic server..

Jaz
December 14, 2004, 9:14 pm
Give me some examples of these people so I can play them with an m79, get an auto to absolutly spray him and make his aim [IMAGE]ed and stick him in a dm and a ctf to check his scores against other players, then stick him in the same serv with an auto and check what happens. im sure this will change his mind, geologist.

The Geologist
December 14, 2004, 9:24 pm
Ugh...I don't keep track of every person I see. But you're getting a little too worked up over this...my point was that despite all the auto spray people can still manage to shoot. Some people like this version just as it is and you can't change that.

palloco
December 14, 2004, 9:40 pm
ROFL Jaz, you never were that good to believe you can defeat any of them no matter what you use. They can easily make you bite dust
Suomipoika, Bugs, Jimmy and a lot more.

Jaz
December 14, 2004, 9:56 pm
I don't think its the fact that bugs n' suo could beat me. Anyone using the duck and shoot method could BUT im sure they would also agree that m79 is underpowered, bink is stupid and autos are overpowered if you asked them.....ACTUALLY quote from bugs when I was talking about the balance and how it should be fixed "Jaz should be made soldats leader." That says enough doesn't it that he a really good m79er agrees with my view. Fix soldat and yes I can make a difference my right of speech gives me the opportunity to give my view and hope michal will accept it that its the majority of soldats view also. 6 ak,minimi cws aren't nice. No skill just dumb and soldat should, and deffinetly will be fixed. Geologist you cant take my right away, ur not an admin.

DT
December 14, 2004, 10:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by JazGive me some examples of these people so I can play them with an m79, get an auto to absolutly spray him and make his aim [IMAGE]ed and stick him in a dm and a ctf to check his scores against other players, then stick him in the same serv with an auto and check what happens. im sure this will change his mind, geologist.

counter with a law and shut up

The Geologist
December 14, 2004, 11:44 pm
Baka...don't bring your right to speech into this. No one said you can't voice your opinion. But don't be so hypocritical about the whole notion, while you're talking about the right to speech...you start a discussion thread and then you sit here and make up innane ways of proving you're right instead of actually discussing things. "Oh, let me put him in a server and spray him with autos and see how he likes it! I'm sure he'll hate autos then". You refuse to believe anyone could like this version because you don't like it. Heaven forbid someone says it's better...but I guess, under your prior designation, I or anyone else who thought as much would be stupid. Stop taking things so personally, you're just making yourself look bitter. I never tried to take your precious "rights" away from you, and if you think I did than you shouldn't be here argueing in the first place because you obviously can't handle it. And just so you know, telling you that you can't change the fact that people like this version isn't taking away and kind of right. I agreed with you on a few of your points...don't be an ass.

Edit: What do ya know...just played a great game with the m79. Brings me back to when I used to use it in other versions before I switched to the ruger...just point and predict your opponents path, and watch the arc of the shell do the rest. Beautiful...and easy.

Edit 2: After playing around on at least four or five servers now, I can now comfortably say that the m79 is easy to use IMO. Bink hardly effects it and m79 jumping is still very easy and effective. So now I believe you even less than I did before. ^_^

Skate4Razors
December 15, 2004, 4:24 am
^ I agree with Geologist. I use the M79 on atleast every server I play in. I may never be the top player, but I will have more kills than deaths. It dosn't really matter which wepaon you use, the M79 WILL ALWAYS OWN!

The Geologist
December 15, 2004, 4:31 am
lol...I've actually started to use the m79 again because of this thread. Oh teh irony...

P.S.- It was fun playin' with ya Skate ;)

Transit
December 15, 2004, 5:10 am
Jaz posted something like this in the SCTFL5 forums as well, and I said the same thing here as I said then. "Sometimes you're just forced to adapt, if it effects you that much you may want to consider a new weapon." Or at least that's the essence os what I said. Anyways i'm sure Jaz'll respond the same way, "I love m79 and i'm never switching." He's just THAT stubborn. Anyways I agree with teh geomaster, M79 is still fairly easy and effective to use.

Judge_Man
December 15, 2004, 5:26 am
quote:just point and predict your opponents path, and watch the arc of the shell do the rest. Beautiful...and easy.

No geo, it's not that easy. I've been using m79 for 2 years like Jaz (now you'll all think " oh look jaz junior ") and i Know that some peeps love the new version. But, as some said, befire this one, it was all barret and now its well balanced. NO, cause now it's all auto, and YES bink affect A LOT m79 And you CANT adapt to shoot while being shot by an auto, cause your m79 bullet is almost shot randomly. I love m79, even if in this version it sucks. Don't tell me to practice, cause im NOT a noob, and dont tell me to switch weapon, i've heard it thousands time.

I agree with all the ideas of Jaz, cause if you THINK a bit with ya brain, and analyse the games now as it is, you'll see it would improve it.

The Geologist
December 15, 2004, 7:14 am
quote:Originally posted by Judge_Man

No geo, it's not that easy. I've been using m79 for 2 years like Jaz (now you'll all think " oh look jaz junior ") and i Know that some peeps love the new version. But, as some said, befire this one, it was all barret and now its well balanced. NO, cause now it's all auto, and YES bink affect A LOT m79 And you CANT adapt to shoot while being shot by an auto, cause your m79 bullet is almost shot randomly. I love m79, even if in this version it sucks. Don't tell me to practice, cause im NOT a noob, and dont tell me to switch weapon, i've heard it thousands time.

I agree with all the ideas of Jaz, cause if you THINK a bit with ya brain, and analyse the games now as it is, you'll see it would improve it.

What I was speaking of was setting up the shot so that your auto carrying adversary either jumps/runs/flys into the shot, or is killed when he slows to begin shooting...either way, the shot is placed before you're getting covered in auto fire. If you're too close throw a knife or die trying. And ah, don't assume we're not THINKING about this just because we don't agree with you. That's just like Jaz insulting anyone who likes the current version. Useless and self defeating.

Judge_Man
December 15, 2004, 7:22 am
Your Predicted shot is So easily Avoidable! The guy avoid, spray on you, you = dead. And why the guy wouldn't be shooting? If your are close enough to predict his movement, he sees you too, so he shots you.

The Geologist
December 15, 2004, 7:42 am
You're right. It's so simple! That's why all those fools I killed ran into my shot, or flew into the arc of my shot, of got caught up in the massive explosion of my shot coupled with a couple nades. Thanks for clearing that up for me. ^_^

Look...I'm not saying that the bink is totally non-existant, and I'm not saying that everyone I run into with an auto is automatically mowed down by my m79 skills. Because I'm tired of posting here, I'll sum it up for ya. When looking at the first post from Jaz, we actually agree on a few points. My main points (as well as those of a few people here, looking at some of the other posts..):

1) While I don't think that the bink effect is that strong, I think everyone would be happy if a little less bink were possible. No bink and we go back to whining about the barrett. (more of a personal opinion)

2) Invisi nades suck!

3) It is clear that there are people who like this current version, and can play with all the weapons (including that infamous m79) without hassle. Unless you're calling all these people liers, then you cannot deny that it is possible to play with the m79 with the current bink (even if you can't play with it at the moment). I don't mean the word practice to be an insult...I practice when I get the chance. It took a little practice to get used to the bink...

4) On the other hand, you have an opinion and deserve to voice it. Let's come to a more balanced solution instead of leaning towards one extreme or the other. This is a game and it's damn near impossible to please everyone. Someone will always hate something, and until the next version comes out there's nothing you can do. So unless you want to stop playing Soldat and wait however many months it takes, get used to the bink and enjoy the game. Maybe we will have the good fortune of playing some time.

Judge_Man
December 15, 2004, 7:53 am
Ok, i play with the m79, i know its possible. But the m79 is weaker than before and that's the prob. I agree that removing the bink all the way is returning to barret everywhere but, personally, i would like that.

3) m79 + bink = you can't get used to it because when your binked, you have absolutly no way to predict where the shot gonna go, and trust me, i've tried HARD.

It is impossible to please everyone, i know. But if it could please more people that would be great.

palloco
December 15, 2004, 12:58 pm
Now everyone is pleased!
Before 1.2.1: Jaz only used m79
Now: Jaz use all weapons (he said that on irc)
This is what Michal wanted and this is what happens. Now people use every weapon. Soldat has the variety it needed

Jaz
December 15, 2004, 2:25 pm
I can use all weps, I only use m79.

And to geo, you play with noobs, your not in a clan. You have probably never played a 3v3 with all good players. And when you play with good players you notice the huge difference with autos vs. m79. Also my idea on sctfl was to have no more than 1 wep per team because then its 3 autos spraying you at the same time. Soldat isn't fun atm and everyone else apart from the forum leeches think so.

LazehBoi
December 15, 2004, 2:57 pm
Oh man, you should have seen the M79 shot I got today... 'twas perfectly timed and the aim couldn't have been more perfect.

Something that I heard on an anime once... "First rule of combat. Shoot them before they shoot you".
However I think the M79 should be toned down to, or more than the ruger's level. Everything other than that is pretty nice... Sure there are people who are starting to use the Minimi more, but it isn't much of a problem in deathmatches... Clan wars are a different problem which I don't have any experience of, so I won't discuss it.

3rd_account
December 15, 2004, 3:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by pallocoWeapons have their own use in each situation. Dont make biased comparations

"Used m79 for 2 years,...Used minimi for the first time"

Experienced ones?
Whatever mode, whatever map, whatever teams; the overpowerd autos, and especially AK & Minimi will give almost any player more kills than deaths.

Using autos is effective as hell, but no longer gives any challange. That's why me and many more have gone over to the non-autos, in pure protest and sportmanship.

DT
December 15, 2004, 4:14 pm
Yes they need to be lowered in power... somehow...

Deleted User
December 15, 2004, 4:50 pm
Wanna know how to not get killed by the barret?

Press 'x' when in the air, It 56%(approx) effective. BUT, think, when your above, dont, because being more horizontal makes its easier slightly, best when your on roughly the same longitude(think thats the one) to your enemy as possible.

See, common sense kids :D

Also, I hate being killed by myslef by invisi-nades. Also, when I just collapse to the ground in a firefight yet it says that no-one has killed me, thats a tad annoying.

Apart from that, im fine with it

palloco
December 15, 2004, 5:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by 3rd_accountquote:Originally posted by palloco
"Used minimi for the first time"

Experienced ones?

NOOBS
Only n00bs use something for the first time.

quote:Originally posted by JazAnd to geo, you play with noobs, your not in a clan.
I see that Jaz had played with geologist then.

The best games I had weren't cws

quote:Originally posted by JazI can use all weps, I only use m79.
N00bs can do the same, it is as easy as press a number key.
But you said you used every weapons, now you dont say the same.
Another show of what are the whiners of this thread: LIARS

Jaz
December 15, 2004, 5:27 pm
Palloco, you don't understand english well so don't mix words. Your not making any sense. I can use all weps to an average level, m79 is the one I prefer? You have a problem with that? I made this thread for 'fixing' soldat BY: removing bink and making autos not as good. Understand that doing anything other than making m79 an auto could not improve it so leave it as it is, just fix the autos and soldat will be merry again.

DeMonIc
December 15, 2004, 5:38 pm
quote:removing bink
Return Barrett whining days!GOOD IDEA!
quote:making autos not as good
Weaken the autos and remove the bink, so they'll be used LESS than they were in 1.2.0!BESTESTESTEST IDEA EVAR!
[/sarcasm]
You wan't to turn Soldat into M79dat, not fix it >:P Guess what, Tuesday I had a very good K:D ratio in a crammed dm server (12+ players) on arena, everyone was using autos...I was using chainsaw and grenades.So stop your whining, get used to the bink instead, and try to avoid it, with the magical DODGING.

palloco
December 15, 2004, 6:28 pm
Jaz, so you are saying "I only use m79" and "I use all weapons" arent contradictory.
And that I am the one who doesn't understand english? Maybe... because I thought that only meant only.

Jaz
December 15, 2004, 6:49 pm
Whats that palloco? your lonely..ok.

<random> what did he say?
me: [IMAGE] knows.

palloco
December 15, 2004, 6:52 pm
LOL so you dont even know what you say. Then dont talk so much bs.

Judge_Man
December 15, 2004, 6:52 pm
quote:Weaken the autos and remove the bink

1. removing the bink from m79 ONLY or maybe ruger too. NOT all the way.
2. weaken autos: bring back old AK and reduce accuracy while in the air of some others.

3. "learn the magics of DODGING" Yeah RIght Dodging an Steyr or Minimi IS SOOO EASY [/sarcasm]

The Geologist
December 15, 2004, 8:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by JazI can use all weps, I only use m79.

And to geo, you play with noobs, your not in a clan. You have probably never played a 3v3 with all good players. And when you play with good players you notice the huge difference with autos vs. m79. Also my idea on sctfl was to have no more than 1 wep per team because then its 3 autos spraying you at the same time. Soldat isn't fun atm and everyone else apart from the forum leeches think so.

Jaz...you assume too much, do yourself a favor and shut up. If you can't handle a discussion without resorting to pathetic, immature crap like "Oh, you're not in a clan, so you're no good...you only play with noobs, blah blah blah", then you shouldn't start discussion threads. You can't handle people who have an opinion differnt than yours. For your information I think clans are jokes. I prefer to be independant, mostly because of my school schedule. I didn't realize the Llama servers and U13 server were only frequented by noobs..thanks for clearing that up for me. Take your innane assumptions and grow the f*ck up.

Jaz
December 15, 2004, 8:44 pm
Your not even making a point, your just trying to dismiss mine.

My point is: autos are overpowered, bink is stupid and soldat isn't as smooth anymore.

Yours is : LEeeeEVE ITITS PHINE.

Its not fine and thats why so many people dont like this version.

The Geologist
December 15, 2004, 8:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by The Geologist
4) On the other hand, you have an opinion and deserve to voice it. Let's come to a more balanced solution instead of leaning towards one extreme or the other. This is a game and it's damn near impossible to please everyone. Someone will always hate something, and until the next version comes out there's nothing you can do. So unless you want to stop playing Soldat and wait however many months it takes, get used to the bink and enjoy the game. Maybe we will have the good fortune of playing some time.

Learn to f*cking read. Does that sound like I'm just dismissing you? You're just an idiot Jaz...I feel sorry for you. I've made plenty points, and there are people who agree with me on those points. We even agree on a couple points. But you're just too thick headed and stubborn to admit anyone could like things as they are. Like I said before Jaz...grow up. Not everyone is going to agree with you, and if you can't handle it don't start a damn discussion thread. If you don't like what I'm saying, then come up with an arguement against it! Debate! But don't degenerate into assumptions and slander.

Ugh...I feel dumber for even replying to you..

Edit: Just in case you didn't read that quote, I have an interest in coming to a more middle ground solution than leaning towards one extreme or the other. If you call that dismissing you, then you can't be helped.

Jaz
December 15, 2004, 9:16 pm
Well all I can say now is, you'll see. Soldat will be fixed and will be fixed right.

The Geologist
December 15, 2004, 9:37 pm
Great! Let's work together and enjoy it. Smokum peace pipe? ;)

Bugs Revenge
December 16, 2004, 12:38 pm
for all those ppl who haven't understand the "speed thinggy"
so try to play now version 1.1.5 or older and u will understand..
this version is a way faster, not needed any skills for running away from shots, u just can't run away from most of them :\.

Jaz
December 16, 2004, 4:08 pm
Exactly, and noobs now speed around map and spray from above like theyv'e owned soldat for ages. It makes m79 [IMAGE]ed up version.

DeMonIc
December 16, 2004, 5:45 pm
If you're tired of all those speed demons sprayin your game, play realistic mode."OMFG BUT ONLY FAGS PLAY THAT LoL!!!111" if that's your problem with real mode, get some of your friends to play with you aswell.=_=

palloco
December 16, 2004, 5:50 pm
He is not tired, he is bored and needs to makes useless whines

Jaz
December 16, 2004, 6:35 pm
<palloco> omg i dont listen to any points that i dont like, because there just bad if there different from my opinion *mumbles to self* WALALALALALALALALALAALWALALALALALWALALALALALALWALALAL.

Soldat changes in every version and this was just the worst change to have happened, change is good, this is not.

Kazuki
December 16, 2004, 9:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by JazMy point is: autos are overpowered, bink is stupid and soldat isn't as smooth anymore.

Yours is : LEeeeEVE ITITS PHINE.

No, you closed-minded, ignorant piece of crap! It's not called a point when it is argued over! Points are usually facts. What you have there is very argued-upon opinion, and I'll be damned if you think you can change the whole [IMAGE]ing game with a single opinion. So stop 'mixing words up.'

Look, I can see why and how you think that the game isn't fair, and I'm not saying it is, or that it isn't. I simply don't know. Michal is trying to do whatever he can to make the game as fair and balanced as possible. However, you have to understand that one man can't ever accomplish perfect balance.

Geologist was right in the sense that you have no right to insult us only because we're not going along with your opinion. It's not as simple as just giving us all a numbered list of solutions and expecting the game to be the BEST IHT EVAR WUZZZZ!

Edit: My post wasn't supposed to sound all that harsh or insulting. I'm sorry if it did.

palloco
December 16, 2004, 9:27 pm
it was harsh and insulting to me. Im gona cry :´´´´´(((

Jaz
December 16, 2004, 9:30 pm
As I said you'll see, when autos get weakned. If they dont im gone...bye soldat and you can all welcome in 6 autos in cws and all autos in dms and ctf matches. When everyone realises like I allready have that the autos are beyond a joke and the bink means nobody can face them.....especially experienced auto users. In fact you cant all welcome in 6 auto cws because they have allready taken over soldat. Read it and weep, soldats weapon choice is going down more than when people didn't use ak.

Deleted User
December 16, 2004, 9:39 pm
I honestly can't understand why this version seems like to crap to all of you. I read through these posts, and while all of the parts of Soldat discussed in this thread have their pros and cons, I don't see why it's worse then the last version. Nothing's perfect, and trying to acheive perfection only leads to arguments and conflicts.

When this most recent version of Soldat came out, I was outraged as well, don't get me wrong. I thought that I would have to learn the game all over again. But then I started to play it more and realized that it didn't really matter what changes were made. When things change, you adapt. Someone already said that in this thread but I'm too lazy to look up who.

quote:Originally posted by Jaz Soldat changes in every version and this was just the worst change to have happened, change is good, this is not.

Why is it not good? Is it because your favorite gun has been supposedly "screwed over"? Is it because the introduction of bink has caused auto's to become as overused as the barrett once was? Is it because one of the guns was slightly increased in power?

Or is it just because you can't learn to just sit down and play the game instead of creating uses complain-threads that will most likely only stress Michal out more. He probably thought he had it right this time, maybe he even thought that the complaints would be brought down to a minimum. Who really knows, besides Michal.

But what I'm trying to say is it that you shouldn't claim that this is the "worst version yet" just because you can't play the way you used to.

Edit:I just realized that my post is a lot like Kazuki's..my bad..

kkazican
December 16, 2004, 10:45 pm
Yeah I experienced a whiner in u13 last night and he was complaining that this version is "all f-ed up". I asked him why it was. The only excuse he could give me was that everyone was using m79s and grenades to fly across the screen at super fast speeds. When I said that was implemented in 1.2 and has been going on since 1.2 and if you thought it was awful in 1.2 then how does it make 1.2.1 any worse? The guy muted me after that and continued [IMAGE]ing.

In my opinion soldat should go back to the roots. I think this version is so filled up with crap that people think the game needs to make it better (they think it will make them better) that everything is just out of whack. The guns are very powerful. The community has gone to hell and come back. No more accuracy in shooting like a cool arcade game now we need to [IMAGE] UP EVERYONE's shooting so that the evil barret is never used (I just recently heard the barret is more powerful than ever and should be nerfed further as if the shot delay the timed zoom the bink affect and the reload time aren't enough(not to mention the aiming due to soldat physics)), the evil m79s are hard to use, and just for fun lets make it so every weapon has messed up aiming too. However lets make it so that they dishing out 10 bullets a second have 99% accuracy. I've got the solution WE MAKE OUR OWN WEAPONS! Rapid firing knifes with a reload of 9 minutes and machine guns shooting .25bps and a reload of .3 seconds! Yeah that will fix everything. The ak-74 might be a little weak how about increasing the power a little so it will take 1 less shot to kill even though it has a slow rate of fire I'm sure the soldat community wont care. OMFG +1 POWER! WHY DON'T YOU JUST CALL IT JESUS' POWER AND SAY NOOBS USE THIS ---> Well even though in the soldat game automatics make up half of the weaponry lets only be able to use semi-automatics in clan matches since they are the ones that actually require skill. But due to the intense power of the barret you can't use that. Also due to m79 jumping no m79s Also since grenades can make you jump no grenades. Socom is too powerful so no socom. Law has no bink thus too powerful so no LAW. Combat knife = 1hit kill = hack so no knife. Desert eagles are too strong and too accurate. Ruger is way way way way way way too strong so no ruger either I mean 2 hit kills with the FASTEST RELOAD! Yeah it may only have 4 shots but THE FASTEST RELOAD! That .15 second faster reload definately makes up for the lack of bullets thus causing it to be cheap and too strong thus non-usable. Well I guess we can only pick the Chainsaw and Spas. But oh damn we are playing ctf_run.

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE STOP WHINING AND ENJOY THE GOD DAMN FREE GAME! It used to be enjoyable when I first started playing. But ever since all of these people started putting in their input my fun level has just gone to [IMAGE].

Sekushi
December 16, 2004, 10:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by BlackdeathI say we just go back to 1.1.8 and fix the packet failed error messages. Before the bink, before the bullet time before the BS. Back when you needed skillz to work an auto, and the m79 jump meant something. I also feel this version is just lacking. Come on Michal listen to your veterans this version needs a heart.

I think I missed that version. Anyway. Don't talk to Michal as if 1.2.1 were a steaming pile, he put a lot of work into this version. :/ Besides, there have been some good things that have come out of it. I for one have never even noticed the bink effect, and I use Ruger as a primary. I don't think anything needs to be done, but I don't complain about parts of the game/suggest regularly. I love new versions. :>

Marine
December 16, 2004, 11:00 pm
Ha Ha Ha.

This is great.

This game rocks, every version has rocked, and I will continue playing Soldat no matter what Michael does to the versions. It's his property, and I'm just a visitor here who has no right to complain.

I think you've finally reached Nirvana with this version, Michal. I really do.

If you people think Soldat sucks so much, shut your goddamn mouth, go play checkers and wait until the next version comes out.

People who [IMAGE]s will never be happy, just one thing after another...

DeMo
December 17, 2004, 1:49 am
quote:Make it so that you can't get killed by someone with a barret blindly shooting from the other side of the map.

Are you nuts???
I mean, is it ok if a [IMAGE]er keeps blindly spraying you with minimi/minigun but you can't stand taking a blind shot from a barret??

quote:Used minimi for the first time in same serv and got 40 kills, 16 deaths.
TRUE. I can't even hear the sound of this gun anymore, it makes me go crazy.
Every server I join there's always 2 or 3 n00bs (and even vets) playing with this gun. It's accurate, powerful, and has a neverending clip. And don't say it has a slow reloading time because it isn't THAT slow.

Bink..
It sucks for 1 shot weapons and has almost no effect for autos. In fact, I can't even note the bink when playing with autos.

Every new version of Soldat is a new whining and complaining session. There IS something wrong with balance in this game, that's the only thing that explains so much whining. C'mon, you don't see Quake/UT/CS/BF1942 players complaining about weapon balance. On the other hand, for Soldat there's always a new topic about balance in the forums and there's always people complaining in the servers as well.

DT
December 17, 2004, 2:07 am
its not slow enough... autos should reload slower... if you ask me

Judge_Man
December 17, 2004, 4:34 am
That would not really solve the problem, because you have 99% chances to die within the first clip.

And, why do you think there is always new versions? Because things ARE NOT perfectly right. Because it POSSIBLE to get better. So, IMO, saying that all is fine don't change anything, is kinda useless cause things GONNA change.

DannyLB
December 17, 2004, 4:39 am
I agree with you Jaz when you talk about autos. Every n00b uses them and what bothers me if the fact that they think they are so 1337 with them.

Vijchtidoodah
December 17, 2004, 4:41 am
"C'mon, you don't see Quake/UT/CS/BF1942 players complaining about weapon balance."

Yeah, but those games weren't made by a single person, they were made by entire teams.

Judge_Man
December 17, 2004, 4:58 am
There SO MUCH less complaining about weapons in games like UT/BF/CS/etc. because (you don't have ONLY weapons, you have lot a vehicles (in UT/BF)), maps are bigger, and the fact that you gotta FIND/BUY your weapon eliminates the complaining because the weap. you have depends more on your skills.

In soldat, you have 10 weapons, you choose instantly whichever you want, and you kill. AND if you take an auto, you don't need skills, you "aim" and spray. SO, noobs are learning the game, trying weapons and they see that auto are so easy so they all pick one and spray!! yay!

Vijchtidoodah
December 17, 2004, 5:28 am
Not true, because one shot kills take no skill whatsoever, but keeping the bullets flying towards your enemy to kill him before you run out of ammo is actually pretty hard.

And, if you count every person who uses an auto as a noob, and every person who uses the barret is too, then you're only left with four weapons.

Spectral
December 17, 2004, 5:29 am
1 shot kills taking no skill...not with the damn bink

Judge_Man
December 17, 2004, 5:34 am
Vijchtidoodah, did i said everyone who use barrets are noobs? Did i said everyone who use autos are noobs? Learn to read.

Spectral is right about 1-hit-killers BTW. No skills to use M79?? than you must be a god.

Jaz
December 17, 2004, 2:43 pm
Dont get me wrong, I love soldat and apologies for me being so pushy with my ideas. However everyone agrees that theres a balance problem, well 90% + do and I think thats a major problem. My topic was mad for suggestions to upgrade soldat by maybe downgrading it abit. Its got alot faster, less smoother and more luck involved. Maybe to get the new players that try the game a better chance though it takes alot of the skill from the game, makes it a waiting game and luck/cheap play and thats why I whine. I may be pushy but I think if I don't nobody else will offer suggestions like I did, they'll just say omg soldat sux and wepons sux and autos are nub, etc. So if you agree with me that balance sucks, offer suggestions to fix, like I did.

3rd_account
December 17, 2004, 7:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcquote:removing bink
Return Barrett whining days!GOOD IDEA!

The only problems were the barret assaulters, right? Well Michal never did what half the community begged for - deaccurise barret when not standing on solid ground, proneing or crouching.
Instead we got bink, which worked fairly well to nerf the barret. But screwed up the otherwise, in my mind, perfect weapon balance.
The M79 got nerfed to, which was already a, in my mind again, balanced weapon.

And at last the autos, which were already, in my mind, balanced. They got too effective now that they could render any non-auto useless by the fine art of spraying and screwing up the accuracy.

I say Death to bink.

Jaz
December 17, 2004, 8:00 pm
I think thats allready set in stone....but it'll be made a server side option. Thats my guess....*cough*fact*cough*.

DeMonIc
December 18, 2004, 11:26 am
Ok, newsflash: if only the barrett would've been binked, everyone would've went M79, because it kills with one shot.It has been binked because of that.After that, all weapons got binked..it seemed like a good idea at the time, and we didn't test it enough I guess.

frogboy
December 18, 2004, 11:37 am
OMG BLAME THE BETA TESTERS, THEY WEREN'T LAME ENOUGH!

Element_101
December 18, 2004, 1:13 pm
Omg stop the fighting! always with the fighting in this forum...

I think this version is the most balanced so far but this is just my opinion - I dont expect anyone to agree with me, its totally cool if you dont.

frogboy
December 18, 2004, 1:25 pm
quote: C'mon, you don't see Quake/UT/CS/BF1942 players complaining about weapon balance.

I do.

LazehBoi
December 18, 2004, 2:09 pm
To me everything is balanced except for the M79 and Minimi.

I say removing the bink on the M79 and... (although unrealistic) make the minimi overheat like the stat gun.

Basically the only people I feel sorry for are the M79ers and non-laming clans. (BA4LYFE<3)

Deleted User
December 18, 2004, 4:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by Element_101Omg stop the fighting! always with the fighting in this forum...

I think this version is the most balanced so far but this is just my opinion - I dont expect anyone to agree with me, its totally cool if you dont.

I agree with you on that one, and I thank you for changing the way you post.

Kazuki
December 18, 2004, 4:59 pm
Before I give my suggestion, I'd like to say two things.

1) Element, great post, and thank you for posting normally. :P
2) Now we're getting somewhere, since the constant [IMAGE]ing and fighting has been reduced.

Now to the main point. Since we're mostly bashing on autos, I've always thought that people who use autos should have to learn to conserve their bullets. It always seems to me like the AK has too many bullets to spare, or that the Minimi is totally godly in terms of 'keep-away.' The Steyr seems a bit more balanced because its clip is wasted so quickly. The same goes for the HK. The clip is wasted quickly and the bullets don't fly very far. I think that AK and Minimi should either have a smaller clip, or like LazehBoi said, they should be able to overheat. The effects of this should be smaller on the Steyr, and should not apply at all to the HK, in my opinion. I'd like to see more auto-ers try to make something out of their clips, as if they didn't have unlimited ammo. ;)

_Mancer_
December 18, 2004, 5:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiI think that AK and Minimi should either have a smaller clip, or like LazehBoi said, they should be able to overheat.

Yeah, but not a smaller clip for the AK. The 40 bullet clip is what makes it special. I say downgrade the power of the AK again. The AK in 2.1 was perfect but now it kills in what, 5 bullets?

It used to kill in 7 bullets. That was when it was perfect.

I agree, the minimi is very uber and should have the overheat ability.

Da cHeeSeMaN
December 18, 2004, 5:22 pm
well... with the good come the bad...
but i like v1.2.1

Judge_Man
December 18, 2004, 10:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiBefore I give my suggestion, I'd like to say two things.

I think that AK and Minimi should either have a smaller clip, or like LazehBoi said, they should be able to overheat. The effects of this should be smaller on the Steyr, and should not apply at all to the HK, in my opinion. I'd like to see more auto-ers try to make something out of their clips, as if they didn't have unlimited ammo. ;)

I totally agree and like this idea (HK is my sec. primary :P). Removing bink on M79 (maybe it kills in 1 shot, but not as ez as barret Demonic) + the overheat, I think it would solve the problem pretty well.

Liber_Lupus
December 18, 2004, 10:46 pm
I don't get it. It just be because im a bit stoned from the stoned movie but anywho...why do you play it if you dont like it? I played soldat today (I rarely play it so...) and everything seemed ok and cool and i had fun with m79 and soccom. Fun. I didn't whine about autos I didn't whine about anything. Except that i didn't have enough muffins but other than that I didn't whine. Everything seemed cool, i was like first most of the time. I saw TomPenny leave with a message 'It's too laggy + auto sprayers'. What a bull[IMAGE]. I've reached my point I think. If i had it. But i think the point is plöay it iuf yoiu like it, dont play if you dont like it, or something like that. Commercial ended, back to the movie watching. Merry thanksgiving

frogboy
December 18, 2004, 10:59 pm
Here's what I think:

1. Get 1.1.5
2. Add Barret Bink, Bullet time, Demos, Spectator mode, bugs, Auto-map downloading, Cheat Protection, etc.
3. Add a few bug fixes, e.g. let me jump backwards!
4. Call it 1.1.6

OR

- Nerf autos to 1.1.5 standard
- Remove bink from M79, Ruger, Spas and Deagles
- Make M79's range a comprimise between 1.1.5 and 1.2

Hitman
December 18, 2004, 11:01 pm
Topic Locked.

Edit: Bah!

Deleted User
December 18, 2004, 11:16 pm
There is nothing wrong with the guns.
Except the minigun, its too useless, more damage per bullet would be nice

ATTN: THIS IS JUST MY OPINION, DO NOT FLAME ME PLEASE. THANK YOU.

mar77a
December 18, 2004, 11:51 pm
Oh, come one, each weapon is unique. The best thing you can do is learn to use all teh weapons, and apply each to the different maps.

grand_diablo
December 19, 2004, 12:01 am
yay, a whining thread, i need to contribute!

Bink - good idea, just dont let the semi automatics not be affected too much. And it should be reduced to max 2 "binks" for a bullet. This would help a little to keep off people who control narrow tunnels (for example Equinox) with the Minimi by simply spraying forward.

Automatics: At least Minimi and Ak do need some weakening, the other two ones didnt become that strong. Even fi they (xcept for the Ak) havent gained more damage points, they are more important cause of the bink thing.

Well, and the invisible bullets/nades thing. Michal did already work on that, and imo the situation became better, concerning bullets. Still, nades become invisible frequently.
Also the netcode needs some more fixing, since Soldat became laggier with the new features.

Michal has done a great job with the new version. But for me - using a wide variaton of weapons - I can tell, Soldat imo still needs some rebalancing. Im totally fine with the weapons strengths, but it seems we didnt really recognize during the betatest, that the bink effect strenghtened the autos more than we thought, so this step must be corrected somehow (as I said, setting a max. number of binks, or instead decreasing the weps power a bit).

Kazuki
December 19, 2004, 12:35 am
quote:Originally posted by HitmanTopic Locked.

Edit: Bah!

Pahahaha! About time that Hitman pwned himself.

Anyway, yeah, I can see that some of you that have posted agree with my perspective that the AK and Minimi need to be toned down just a bit.

Vijchtidoodah
December 19, 2004, 12:41 am
AK is fine, the minimi is too srong, and the steyer is too weak.

Jaz
December 19, 2004, 1:33 am
So you want to strengthen autos? Steyrs power is made up by its speed. Ak isn't fine it's easy to use and minimi is godly. Weaken ak and minimi and remove bink a tad and soldat will be rosey again.

grand_diablo
December 19, 2004, 2:16 am
btw. I partially ment Ricochet instead of bink in my last post.
of course richocheting should be reduced to max 2 times for each bullet.

Keron Cyst
December 19, 2004, 2:43 am
What I think on the machine guns:
AK-74's all right, but maybe just a tad too powerful. Make it 6 to kill instead of 5.
Steyr AUG: Even though it has a fast RoF, I still think it could be a bit stronger.
M249 (FN Minimi) is nice. I don't think its strength is what needs to be changed, but its RoF (if anything at all ;-)).

DeMo
December 19, 2004, 3:44 am
My thoughts...

AK-74: It's fine, but like Keron said, maybe increasing it to 6 bullets to kill would make it better balanced.
Steyr: Has been my primary since version 1.05. Just now I started using the Barret as my primary. But I think the Steyr is just fine, very balanced.
Minimi: As I already said. Waaaayyy too powerful!

Ricochet: It's fine and I think it was a great addition to Soldat. People that complain about it just don't know how to use it to their advantage. Pick a map like Shau that has those small and long corridors, you never see players using ricocheting to kill the others. I think most players didn't even notice they can use ricocheting.

Bink: For the Barret and M79 it sucks. For the autos you don't even notice it. If it is to be removed from the M79, then remove it from the Barret too.

Overheating: No way! VERY VERY unrealistic. Could be a good feature for the realistic mode but it is a bad bad idea to the "normal" mode.

josheat
December 19, 2004, 5:02 am
in my opinion i think jaz is talking about 1.2, thats the way he described it

DeMonIc
December 19, 2004, 9:52 am
This discussion never fails to show something new in some way :)

M79-s main power is that it kills with 1 shot.You have to get close, which is hard to do with the bink and all that stuff.But you can still beat an autoer, if he doesn't hit you first.That ain't gonna happen anytime soon nowadays.
I read the posts about overheating, and I'd like to say, imo that's the solution we're looking for.
M79 could kill again, you'd only have to wait until the enemy overheats and move in for the kill, and autoers would have to think before sprayin the night away.
Same with the barret(t) I guess.

Mr. Domino
December 19, 2004, 9:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIc
M79-s main power is that it kills with 1 shot.You have to get close, which is hard to do with the bink and all that stuff.

I'd like for this to be guaranteed, as I've encountered a number of people who can survive the M79 hit. Considering how slow, short-range, and long reload, not being able to kill on shell contact removes any point of using the weapon. I think the damage rate per shot needs to be significantly increased to avoid stuff like that.

Harwin
December 19, 2004, 10:01 pm
What is Bink Effect?

And someone just answer instead of giving me a smartass answer like "Do a forum search."

Deleted User
December 19, 2004, 10:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by Mr. Dominoquote:Originally posted by DeMonIc
M79-s main power is that it kills with 1 shot.You have to get close, which is hard to do with the bink and all that stuff.

I'd like for this to be guaranteed, as I've encountered a number of people who can survive the M79 hit. Considering how slow, short-range, and long reload, not being able to kill on shell contact removes any point of using the weapon. I think the damage rate per shot needs to be significantly increased to avoid stuff like that.

Thats lagg I beleive, And its damn well annoying

Ymies
December 19, 2004, 10:20 pm
you should be able to fly to different directions when proning in the air like flying straightly downwards or maybe upwards o_O (doubt that would affect anything)

Vijchtidoodah
December 19, 2004, 10:50 pm
The M79 problem is either lag or you just didn't recognize that the person you hit was wearing a bullet proof vest.

Harwin, the bink effect makes your weapons less accurate while you are being shot.

Ymies, that's an interesting idea, but why wouldn't you just stand up and use jets to go up, or just not use jets at all to fall down?

Ymies
December 20, 2004, 2:40 pm
to go down faster
interesting

DT
December 20, 2004, 3:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by HarwinWhat is Bink Effect?

And someone just answer instead of giving me a smartass answer like "Do a forum search."

its when you shot someone and thier cursor gets bigger thus effecting your accuracy... it gets larger at different rates with different weapons... like the barret...

Keron Cyst
December 20, 2004, 5:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMoMy thoughts...

AK-74: It's fine, but like Keron said, maybe increasing it to 6 bullets to kill would make it better balanced....
Or its magazine could be realistically shrunk down to 30 bullets...`

DannyLB
January 4, 2005, 5:06 am
I would trade this version for the previous one any time of day. I dont know, but at first i only saw the good things, a.k.a additions, but as i went along i saw the difference in weapons, tactic and fun basically :/

Spectral
January 4, 2005, 5:22 am
keep the bink, but make it less of a hindrance to the m79. and make autos slightly weaker perhaps

Anti-mff
January 4, 2005, 5:26 am
The bink effect is really nice. Of course it is annoying for the person being hit but it's more realistic and fair this way. It really should be hard to aim while being hit by multiple bullets.
Also, I like the ricochets. Adds to the gameplay since you can use it in a tactic way (especially when clearing out narrow paths).
Bullet time doesn't really matter but I guess it's just fun with some new stuff. More important would be making "explosion effect" not optional. That's an effect that's really cool and as it is now you can't use it without being disadvantaged by it.

One thing i don't like however, is that minigun seems a bit overpowered. That noob gun is just irritating and shouldn't be usable at all. It just sprays so it's only luck when you kill with it and the surfing is so [IMAGE]ing annoying. I would be glad if it was just taken away.

Also i agree with making autos (slightly) weaker. In that case something must be done about Barret too though. No more barret assulting!

Spectral
January 4, 2005, 11:09 pm
well barret assaulting has been somewhat negated by the bink affect
ricochets are fine
minigun i still find to be [IMAGE]
my biggest annoyance is the suicide nades

DannyLB
January 4, 2005, 11:59 pm
I dont know...but i never see people using barrets anymore...

BINK DOWN!!!

ddr_ranger
January 5, 2005, 4:59 am
Barrets I still see plenty of but I definitely agree with Anti-mff about the minigun. Honestly, how many people other than nubs use that gun? The only time I ever see it used is when somebody in a dm is trying to change weapons and find out with the minigun they get lit up before the barrels fully spin up. I really see no use for that gun.

DeMonIc
January 5, 2005, 2:35 pm
Haha, sure, take away the minigun![/sarcasm]

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sure you never used the minigun as a real gun before.It's really the hardest to use that way, but it pays off: a few blows to the head and it can take down anything.Danny, where do you play?I see barretts everywhere.It's still a popular weapon ;)