( search forums )
Stupid girl...stupid article...it's funny though..
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Transit
December 14, 2004, 7:11 am
I found this article in my school's news paper, "The Monroe Hye-Tye", and it almost melted my brain...

My "favorite" parts:

"Since same-sex couples and their supporters are trying to get a law saying that same-sex marriage is okay, one wonders exactly what it is that they hope to gain."
Maybe, just maybe, they hope to gain the right to get married?

"Same-sex unions have an early place in history at around the thirteenth century. If homosexuality is such a normal state of mind, why did it appear at that time and not sooner, like in the beginning of human existence?"
I don't know, you may want to ask the Ancient Greeks this...

"That?s almost a whole acre for each person, even those who aren?t alive today! Clearly, it?s not heterosexual couples? fault that the world is ?overpopulated.?"
Hooray! Good thing all land on earth is habitable... And is she blaming homosexuals for overpopulation?!?

"It seems that they?re only trying to make excuses to justify their same-sex love, like a person would try to justify smoking,"
Because we all know that homosexuality causes cancer...

"Of course the outcome of smoking and same-sex couples aren?t the same, but besides that, the analogy holds true."
No... I don't think it does...

And, of course, all of paragraph 6
"If this law did pass, just think of what would happen. Businessmen and businesswomen would have to give spousal benefits to same-sex couples or they would be punished by law. Children still in school would be taught that same-sex couples are morally acceptable and equal to marital love. Married same-sex couples would use the fact that they are married so that they might adopt children into their homes. Private organizations like the Boy Scouts of America would be under intense pressure to abandon their moral standards. People who cannot accept same-sex marriage would be ridiculed against and be considered a bigot."
Wtf?

"There is no good reason to legalize same-sex marriage. Though it is clear why same-sex couples want this law, the fact is that it will do more harm than good for society."
Now, i was just confused by this part. Is she saying that they just want it legalized so they can harm society...? It couldn't possibly be because they want to be tolerated and treated with the same rights as heterosexual couples...I mean, it's like, "yeah, so what?" to every sentence..

Oh, and did you know that the majority of the US is in 11 states?
"It is apparent that most of America also feels the same in the same-sex marriage bans that occurred on Election Day in Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Ohio and Utah."

I also thought I'd point out that, for some reason, we have the "cons" of same-sex marriage, but no pros...

Cheers,
Transit

Btw, I hate to admit it but I actually dated this girl back in 10th grade. I punched myself in the gut for doing so after reading this article. Enjoy.

Oh, here's the url to the whole article - http://my.highschooljournalism.org/wa/monroe/mhs/article.cfm?eid=2732&aid=35518

and here's one to an article about why I quit the high school newspaper - http://my.highschooljournalism.org/wa/monroe/mhs/article.cfm?eid=2732&aid=35547

My real name is Samuel Clark

Chakra
December 14, 2004, 7:48 am
Hmm, I just looked at my pack of cigs...

"smoking may cause latent homosexuality."

..no wonder we call them fags.

It seems incredibly stupid to think that just because two people are of the same sex that their marriage is wrong. I see no valid faults to be delivered to the system or society from it. In what real way is it different from 'christian' marriage?

Deleted User
December 14, 2004, 8:50 am
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I fully support the right for any two consenting people to get married. It's their freaking right. Anyone who says otherwise needs to leave this goddamned country. Actually, they can have it. I'll just go somewhere else.

peemonkey
December 14, 2004, 9:36 am
what a stupid [IMAGE] (i NEVER use that term for women, but this just deserves it)
arent we all supposed to be equal in america? all that [IMAGE] i read there is PRO gay marrage.

"If this law did pass, just think of what would happen. Businessmen and businesswomen would have to give spousal benefits to same-sex couples or they would be punished by law. Children still in school would be taught that same-sex couples are morally acceptable and equal to marital love. Married same-sex couples would use the fact that they are married so that they might adopt children into their homes. Private organizations like the Boy Scouts of America would be under intense pressure to abandon their moral standards. People who cannot accept same-sex marriage would be ridiculed against and be considered a bigot."
yes. benefits they can otherwise not get just because of their sexual orientation

what if a child's parents or siblings are gay? does she want that child to be taught that those people are bad or evil because of how they are?

the boyscouts can do whatever the [IMAGE] they want, nobody will pressure them any more than they are being pressured now (which is likely very litte)

you guys who are homophobes are already ridiculed. the main reason for this is that you are AFRAID AMERICANS. are YOU planning on getting married to someone of the same sex? no? then shut the [IMAGE] up about it. let them get married so they can be happy and they can get benefits and they can fell NORMAL. if you're so opposed to it, simply dont marry a gay person. or is there something you dont know about yourself?

*Sanctaty of Marriage...wtf does that really mean? why are you idiots quoting the dictionary? you know why they come out with a new one every year, right? things change. all the dictionaries tend to disagree too, so why is yours right? cuz you say so? ok, then i say that same-sex marriage is is morally acceptable and backed by federal laws. that doesnt make it true, does it? that's why there's battles being fought to get gay marriage legalized and recognized by the state. if you fellas want marriage to stay straigght, move to a desserted island and start a 'no gays' country. some day you're gonna have to face that there's alot of gay people out there, and they're wanting EQUAL RIGHTS to the straight population. so are you going to sy that they shouldnt have rights like you and me? then maybe we should just make them all slaves.

The Geologist
December 14, 2004, 10:00 am
Seriously...does no one at your school see how utterly foolish she's being? Please tell me someone has spoken up against her unfounded and borderline insulting way of putting things.

BManx2000
December 14, 2004, 2:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by ChakraIn what real way is it different from 'christian' marriage?

You mean other than the fact that it's the exact opposite of the christian definition of marriage?

BMF
December 14, 2004, 3:33 pm
Chakra I was under the impression that you don't do any drugs

Liber_Lupus
December 14, 2004, 3:43 pm
School newspapers sucks. We didn't have any newspaper makers last longer than 2 weeks. There isn't nothing special going on in our school anyway. People in computer class skipping classes to play cs and rate each others pic on the net. Smoking. Some good and original jokes. That's about it.

Chakra
December 14, 2004, 5:30 pm
I mean how is marriage between two men or women any different between the get-together of a man and a woman, other than the sex being different ya dumbass.

I don't see how it could be bad, other than seeming wrong in the eyes of the religious and old fashioned.

Isn't that what this is about really? A simple disliking for gays, or people of a religious backround justifying their belief because God says so?

Transit
December 14, 2004, 7:19 pm
Eh, yes there are already a large number of people who have contacted her about the stupidity of this article, i'm included. I sent a letter the to EIC, (my liberal friend Graham Sayer, who is Bi-sexual) the author, (that dumb [IMAGE]ing glad I quit that class. As I used to be the editor of their jokes page. Peace.

LumpyFerret
December 15, 2004, 12:32 am
dont mind me..
just passing through..

on my way to owning the bash pit!

DT
December 15, 2004, 1:13 am
that stupid girl is lumpy

LumpyFerret
December 15, 2004, 3:46 am
if i was a girl what would i be doing on the internet..

i would be busy fondling myself..

and buying carrots and zuchini

Meandor
December 15, 2004, 1:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Transit[b]
"Same-sex unions have an early place in history at around the thirteenth century. If homosexuality is such a normal state of mind, why did it appear at that time and not sooner, like in the beginning of human existence?"

I stopped reading after this, someone that does not even check if the facts she's listing (in an article!) are true doesn't deserve to be listened.

Elephant_Hunter
December 15, 2004, 6:26 pm
There was a biblical time when the word "Spartan" was slang for homosexual.

Droopy
December 15, 2004, 9:45 pm
I cant stand people(mostly women.. girls to be precise) who act all smart and mature and stuff. but in fact they're coplete morons and do anything for attencion(blow jobs even).