( search forums )
Points for Returns.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
_Mancer_
December 15, 2004, 2:20 pm
*Not sure if its been suggested, if it has, just say so and ill delete this*

Points on returns. Good or bad.

How it would work:

Someone would have to CAPTURE the flag before you return it, so n00bs dont keep hitting it off and returning it themselves. A lot of prgramming needed to do it but if Michal had time to, I'd say this would be a good idea.

1. I know, it might be confusing.
2. Don't say "This just isnt soldat" Because it is.

Example:

Lets say Soldier A Captures the flag.

Soldier B ( You ) Go after Soldier A and hunt him down for the next 3 minutes, trying to kill him.

You eventually kill him and get an AWESOME return. Yet you get no points for it.

Personally, i'd like to receive points for returning in a certain situation.

Another Example: You charge into the enemy base, and 5 of their players come at you. SOMEHOW, you manage to return it. Points plzkthxu.

LazehBoi
December 15, 2004, 2:38 pm
eh... I wouldn't bother, but yeah, perhaps in INF, that would level out the whole blue only getting points from kills and red getting 25 points from caps. 2 - 4 points for returning would be nice.

damnnation
December 15, 2004, 2:58 pm
bad then i can just shoot at the flag end then return it, and so on and on and on so i'll keep getting points

Bugs Revenge
December 15, 2004, 3:33 pm
Hmm, not a bad idea at all..
it shall be getting points for killing the flag carrier.
or for returning it ONLY after someone's captured it.

100th post btw :))

Deleted User
December 15, 2004, 4:54 pm
Im sure u13 server stops n00bs from knocking the flag away and return it to incease there stats, so I wouldnt say its hard to do, Im in favour

Shyo
December 15, 2004, 5:34 pm
knock the flag off and return it while the enemies flag is carried .. >_>
yeah, pretty stupid, but it would work

DeMonIc
December 15, 2004, 5:44 pm
I can't friggin believe it...
quote:Originally posted by Mancer in the first post
Someone would have to CAPTURE the flag before you return it, so n00bs dont keep hitting it off and returning it themselves. A lot of prgramming needed to do it but if Michal had time to, I'd say this would be a good idea.

And look at the replies...
quote:by damnationbad then i can just shoot at the flag end then return it
quote:by wassowIm sure u13 server stops n00bs from knocking the flag away and return it to incease there stats
quote:by Shyoknock the flag off and return it while the enemies flag is carried

Have you guys even read the first post? :P
Anyway, it'd be cool, but quite often flag-get-backs are done by 2 or 3 players, and some people, who really did kill the efc, wouldn't get points <_< I'm with Bug's Revenge, you should get points for killin the flag carrier.

Alamo
December 15, 2004, 5:54 pm
I really like this... and I don't think it's that big of a thing to program.

omg liek my 1246... (do posts matter at all?)

Deleted User
December 15, 2004, 5:56 pm
lol, silly you. If you actually spent time thinking about my post you would of noticed that I was commenting about when n00bs try to knock it off to recapture it, and that it I wouldnt think it would take alot to program becuase U13 allready does so.

_Mancer_
December 15, 2004, 7:48 pm
Example:

Lets say Soldier A Captures the flag.

Soldier B ( You ) Go after Soldier A and hunt him down for the next 3 minutes, trying to kill him.

You eventually kill him and get an AWESOME return. Yet you get no points for it.

Personally, i'd like to receive points for returning in a certain situation.

Another Example: You charge into the enemy base, and 5 of their players come at you. SOMEHOW, you manage to return it. Points plzkthxu.

mar77a
December 15, 2004, 7:56 pm
I suggest to apply this only for INF. And to set the "return" points at 2.

kkazican
December 15, 2004, 8:23 pm
Yeah I like this idea by the way wassow as far as I know the u13 server doesn't enforce not to knock the flag off and return it. but right now the 10th highest flag return is like 800 or so. Averaging about 1 flag return per 10 seconds. That would take a while.

Deleted User
December 15, 2004, 8:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by kkazicanYeah I like this idea by the way wassow as far as I know the u13 server doesn't enforce not to knock the flag off and return it. but right now the 10th highest flag return is like 800 or so. Averaging about 1 flag return per 10 seconds. That would take a while.

Well I assumed so, scince I've tried to knock it off and recapture it.

y0da
December 15, 2004, 10:09 pm
noooo! CTF is a very specific multiplayer gameplay! don't change it!

Maluno
December 15, 2004, 10:14 pm
I really like this idea, but let me ask one question. Please don't flame. What would be so bad about having the flag not affected by weapons fire at all? This keeps all those annoying teammates from blowing it out of your base with a nade or minigun in CTF Death, right into the enemies waiting hands below.

peemonkey
December 15, 2004, 10:28 pm
i think they should have to have it a certain amount of time depending on the map.

Alamo
December 15, 2004, 10:39 pm
To be honest: I haven't read through all the posts... I just commented on the top post.

Spectral
December 15, 2004, 10:50 pm
totally unnecessary

Unlucky 13
December 16, 2004, 12:54 am
Maybe just when you kill the flagcarrier.
Otherwise, the game becomes too "cheatish".
And also, the game will become emphasis on single-man work, rather than team work.

_Mancer_
December 16, 2004, 1:42 am
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13Maybe just when you kill the flagcarrier.
Otherwise, the game becomes too "cheatish".
And also, the game will become emphasis on single-man work, rather than team work.

... What the [IMAGE] are you talking about? Do you even listen to yourself when you type?

Single-Man work?

That has NOTHING to do with getting returns.