( search forums )
Knife ownage
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Sam
December 15, 2004, 5:55 pm
It was on ctf_laos and i was on the red team in a server called [Steel Server]. But lets get to the point, I was running towards the blue base and somehow i dropped my M79, either it was lag or i accidentally pressed drop weapon i dont know, but i lost it.

I switched to my knife realizing i had thrown it at someone earlier so i had to scramble for another weapon right in the center of the blue base. I was swamped by about 3 blue soldiers with no weapon, i grabbed a health kit and picked up a knife.

Now onto the cool part, i jumped up and threw the knife at a blue soldier which hit him and killed him. The knife dropped back down towards the floor and i grabbed it as it was falling. While still in the air i turned around and threw the knife at another bad guy killing him aswell. How cool is that? Then i snatched the blue flag literally seconds before the blue team scored, sprinting away with no weapon!

Thtas my little story, all happened and none of it is made up.

Alamo
December 15, 2004, 5:56 pm
sounds quite funny :)) do you have demo ? give us a demo!!!11 :)

Sam
December 15, 2004, 7:00 pm
no, i didnt record it because i didnt know it was going to happen :O

b00stA
December 15, 2004, 7:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by Samno, i didnt record it because i didnt know it was going to happen :O

Quote from the manual:
quote:Auto record- The game automaticly records the last minute (configurable in soldat.ini) of the gameplay (in demos/autodemo.sdm). The recording can be saved at any time by pressing F8 (saved in another file demos/autodemoX.sdm). Press F8 twice while autorecording and you can record a normal demo.

Deleted User
December 15, 2004, 8:42 pm
When configuring the time for auto-recording, do you enter in the number of seconds? Or is there a way you're supposed to do it for minutes?

Say for example I want it to automatically record the last 5 minutes, do I put in the number 300? Or would I do 5:00?

Oh and by the way, I liked your story. Good stuff.

Sam
December 16, 2004, 8:29 pm
Damn, didnt know you could do that. oh well.

Spectral
December 17, 2004, 5:33 am
leet play dude

Freekill
December 19, 2004, 2:12 pm
You know CTF Viet that has a large hill in the middle? one or twice, i got frustrated and jumped off the peak with a knife while jetting in prone position, making a "knife dive" of some sort. Coincidentally, the flag carrier was right in my path and i just went right through him, returning the flag at the same time!

Go try it once in a while when you're crazy, the moment of flying through someone is priceless :P

Alamo
December 19, 2004, 2:37 pm
yeah the auto record rocks... i have it set to 30 seconds... whenever something cool happens i just hit f8 and can watch my 'leet skills' whenever i want :)

Unlucky 13
December 20, 2004, 3:03 am
Nice little story, I saw my brother do something the same.

KnOt
December 20, 2004, 9:58 am
Nice.. I've had a multi kill with the same knife before.. But it wsn't quite as fancy as that I guess .. + My opponents were absolute noobs.. 2 of them being campers who i simply snuch behind and stabbed to death :)

mariachi
December 20, 2004, 11:28 am
KnOt, that is the perfect way to deal with campers :) nothing gives me quite as much satisfaction as sneaking up behind some camper/campers with their scopes and attention fixed far ahead. The best part is to take one shot at them, seeing them jerk around a while when they realise they are under attack and then finish them off with the knife ;)

Svirin Kerath
December 20, 2004, 9:24 pm
teehee... campers+knife=fun times!

Morik
December 21, 2004, 10:41 pm
Ive had that happen to me...cept i was the camper messing around with the sniper rifle (i never use the sniper rifle) i feel so noobish right now :(

claudiosantos15
January 22, 2005, 1:26 am
That happens to me all the time..n00b tale :D

Judge_Man
January 22, 2005, 5:10 am
Dude, don't call people noobs when you have 1 post with no avatar and no signature.

Go duel him, then you'll be able to call him noob; if you pwn him.

Thank you.

Ranis
January 24, 2005, 8:30 am
That's very cool, though I don't know how they were so bad that they couldn't kill you.