( search forums )
"Pure" Server Option
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Unlucky 13
December 16, 2004, 1:09 am
I think that there should be a "Pure" server option. That is, any major file (e.g. the executables) are different to the one used on the server, they should be blocked from the server, with a message like "The pure server function has blocked you from this server" appearing after the rejection. ALso, this should go with the scenery too.

And I still want my More Defined Particles on Screen Inputted!

Vijchtidoodah
December 16, 2004, 1:35 am
Why?

Magniitude
December 16, 2004, 1:51 am
This may be to help prevent hacking? Or cheating in any way?

peemonkey
December 16, 2004, 3:01 am
learn to do links.
i dont get your idea. so like, if my name is different, wouldnt it just block me?

Deleted User
December 16, 2004, 11:39 am
No, he means "pure" as in the server has major files used, all normal files only.
Its an option on some games I've played on

frogboy
December 16, 2004, 11:44 am
Trainers don't modify the actual .exe file, they modify memory. The only way hacking can be stopped is by putting all information server side, increasing lag, or better protection client side.

Messiah
December 16, 2004, 2:33 pm
Wont work all i can say.

DT
December 16, 2004, 3:24 pm
even if it did the hackers would find a way around

Meandor
December 16, 2004, 3:32 pm
DT do you [IMAGE]ing even have the smallest idea on how hacks work? Shut up.

KeFear
December 16, 2004, 7:54 pm
Hey, are there "new" hacks to soldat? Could anyone show me some demos, so i can recognize them? (don't get me wrong... i don't need to use any)

Unlucky 13
December 18, 2004, 2:56 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeylearn to do links.
i dont get your idea. so like, if my name is different, wouldnt it just block me?

I mean major files, like the executable and such. The INI file that is used to store it doesn't have to be included.
Oh , and I fixed it (so what anyway, i missed 3 characters)
And frogboy, I didn't know about memory, but if ALL files were put server-side, a mod could stuff you up. So maybe thats the only way around, but then there is no modding after something like that.
Anyway, Meandor (I can't forget how to spell your name now :P) what does a Moderator think on this?